PDA

View Full Version : Surely even Donald wouldn't be this mental?

Burney
02-02-2017, 12:56 PM
:hehe:

Would he? :-\

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-executive-order-christian-pre-marital-sex-same-sex-marriage-abortion-wrong-religious-a7558691.html

Sir C
02-02-2017, 01:05 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-executive-order-christian-pre-marital-sex-same-sex-marriage-abortion-wrong-religious-a7558691.html

I wonder what proportion of US citizens would support those views? The answer might be frighteningly high, and with the expected rise in the Hispanic population, maybe it's increasing.

Oh my days. This might get gruesome.

PSRB
02-02-2017, 01:09 PM

It does all seem as though he just finds the whole President thing as an excercise in seeing quite how much he can get away with before everyone realises he's just doing for ****s and giggles and then walks off into the sunset having left a trail of destruction in his wake.......perhaps he only has 6 months to live

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:09 PM
I wonder what proportion of US citizens would support those views? The answer might be frighteningly high, and with the expected rise in the Hispanic population, maybe it's increasing.

Some over their really fear he will somehow change the rules and will remain in power for the rest of his life.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 01:18 PM
It does all seem as though he just finds the whole President thing as an excercise in seeing quite how much he can get away with before everyone realises he's just doing for ****s and giggles and then walks off into the sunset having left a trail of destruction in his wake.......perhaps he only has 6 months to live
And then the really scary **** behind him gets into power

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 01:24 PM

I suspect all this is an attempt to re-calibrate the debate, the discussion. Seems to be an on-going theme.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 01:26 PM

Right. His presidency is essentially a free hit.

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:11 PM
I suspect all this is an attempt to re-calibrate the debate, the discussion. Seems to be an on-going theme.

Suggest extreme steps so that the later, apparently less radical proposals seem comparatively reasonable sort of thing, you mean?

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Suggest extreme steps so that the later, apparently less radical proposals seem comparatively reasonable sort of thing, you mean?

If by "extreme" and "radical" you mean "honest common sense according to the people who elected him" then yes.

Basically, he's offered to return power to the people and "drain the swamp". But it's now up to the people to decide whether they really want to take him up on that and support his efforts. Many of them feel things have gone too far the other, wrong, way.

It makes no real difference to him, after all.

Ash
02-02-2017, 02:25 PM
And then the really scary **** behind him gets into power

Yes, a pensive prospect.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Yes, a pensive prospect.

When he dies, will his funeral be an expensive event?

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Yes, a pensive prospect.

Just my tuppence worth :shrug:

Ash
02-02-2017, 02:35 PM

Quick! Build a wall to save liberal America from radical Christianity!

Ash
02-02-2017, 02:38 PM

Like haggling, perhaps.

"Ok, so we'll let you keep the fornication and the bumming, but we draw the line at the recognition of 57 different genders."

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Quick! Build a wall to save liberal America from radical Christianity!

I'm no brickie mate. There's an Irish lad who'd probably manage the hod on the odd occasion he was sober, but you won't find a skilled tradesman round these parts I'm afraid.

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Like haggling, perhaps.

"Ok, so we'll let you keep the fornication and the bumming, but we draw the line at the recognition of 57 different genders."

Seems reasonable enough when you put it like that.