PDA

View Full Version : If you supported another team which Arsenal players would you dislike?

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 11:19 AM
I am not sure.

I probably wouldn't like Giroud or the Coq.

Jack Wilshere when he was playing with us.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 11:21 AM
I am not sure.

Ozil. Goggly-looking ****.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Ozil. Goggly-looking ****.

Actually I wouldn't like Sanchez.
I'd consider him a excellent but whining cheat no better than Gervinho. :driving:

Burney
02-02-2017, 11:22 AM
I am not sure.

I'd hate Walcott. Wilshere I sort of hate anyway.

IUFG
02-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Xhaka. He's a bit of a ****.

And Jack.

SWv2
02-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Giroud for sure.

I dislike him intensely now so see no reason for that to change.

Monty92
02-02-2017, 12:46 PM
I am not sure.

Josh Dasilva - hope he dies

Burney
02-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Josh Dasilva - hope he dies

Errmmm...who? And why?

Monty92
02-02-2017, 12:49 PM
I'd hate Walcott. Wilshere I sort of hate anyway.

You can't hate a member of The 100 Club!

Theo's one goal away from becoming an officially recognised Arsenal Legend, man!

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-02-2017, 12:50 PM
I am not sure.

None. I would detest the manager though.

Monty92
02-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Errmmm...who? And why?

It's the way he stirs his tea. Sets my teeth on edge.

Burney
02-02-2017, 12:53 PM

Theo's one goal away from becoming an officially recognised Arsenal Legend, man!

I don't hate him. He irritates me, but I don't hate him. I would if I weren't an Arsenal fan, though.

Burney
02-02-2017, 12:53 PM
It's the way he stirs his tea. Sets my teeth on edge.

That's a pretty shît name drop, m. :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 12:57 PM

Would you consider Robin van Persie an Arsenal legend (leaving aside who he went to in in what circumstances). I mean, on one hand you have 132 goals (8th top goalscorer for the club), and one of only 7 players to have won one of the Players of the Year award (and one of only three to have won both in the same year). On the other hand, his career with us was a bit meh really wasn't it. Even his great season was marred by the constant rumors over a move.

I'm not sure either way tbf

SWv2
02-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Would you consider Robin van Persie an Arsenal legend (leaving aside who he went to in in what circumstances). I mean, on one hand you have 132 goals (8th top goalscorer for the club), and one of only 7 players to have won one of the Players of the Year award (and one of only three to have won both in the same year). On the other hand, his career with us was a bit meh really wasn't it. Even his great season was marred by the constant rumors over a move.

Surely the issue here is the modern day utter gay abandon with which the term "legend" is thrown about.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:05 PM

This is a good one.

I would say he is one of the more gifted players we had but not a legend. He had the potential as you say the way he left doesn't help.

However is Frank Stapleton a legend?

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Surely the issue here is the modern day utter gay abandon with which the term "legend" is thrown about.

Do all members of the invincible squad become legends automatically?

Lehmann for example looked back fondly.

I look back at him as a ****ing lunatic who cost us the CL final.
on the other hand he contributed to get us there.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 01:17 PM

Indeed - football fans, eh

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Do all members of the invincible squad become legends automatically?

Lehmann for example looked back fondly.

I look back at him as a ****ing lunatic who cost us the CL final.
on the other hand he contributed to get us there.
They were part of a legendary team so sort of

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Indeed - football fans, eh

This term gets also throw about when people are drunk.

You'll turn up and some colleagues will say 'This guy is a ****ing legend' etc

When in reality you've never actually really spoken to these chaps in the past.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:19 PM

:cry: if only they could have won the CL.

I was watching a show about Ruud van Nistelrooy last night, it made me like him :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 01:24 PM
:cry: if only they could have won the CL.

I was watching a show about Ruud van Nistelrooy last night, it made me like him :-(

He's actually quite an interesting character. Not your conventional football type which was why a lot of pros didn't like him. And he made Ronaldo cry

SWv2
02-02-2017, 01:24 PM

So Ashley Cole has the dubious honour of being both club legend and pariah (arguably the most hated ex-player of the current game).

Note: I don't dislike Ashley in the slightest in respect of football and related actions

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Aaron Ramsey

Although I'd hate him significantly less than I do now. :-)

SWv2
02-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Aaron Ramsey

Although I'd hate him significantly less than I do now. :-)

I do admire your consistency in this respect :hehe:

Yesterday Once More
02-02-2017, 01:37 PM
I am not sure I'd dislike any of them, they are so bland.

More telling, though, I struggle to think of any I would respect, bar Sanchez. And that is the biggest indictment of Wenger's modern Arsenal. Imagine opposition fans not respecting Arsenal players in Bertie Mee's side, or George Graham's, or to be fair the early Wenger years. Unimaginable.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 01:48 PM
I am not sure I'd dislike any of them, they are so bland.

More telling, though, I struggle to think of any I would respect, bar Sanchez. And that is the biggest indictment of Wenger's modern Arsenal. Imagine opposition fans not respecting Arsenal players in Bertie Mee's side, or George Graham's, or to be fair the early Wenger years. Unimaginable.

Surely everyone respects our players, at least footballistically?

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Surely everyone respects our players, at least footballistically?

I think we have the image of playing nice football but we don't win f all.

the nice football has been on a decline a bit imo

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 01:56 PM
I think we have the image of playing nice football but we don't win f all.

the nice football has been on a decline a bit imo

Yeah, but we win lots of football matches though. No-one thinks we are a soft touch every week, do they. Most teams playing against us end up losing.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but we win lots of football matches though. No-one thinks we are a soft touch every week, do they. Most teams playing against us end up losing.

you might go in to a game against Arsenal thinking right. Either we are gonna get spanked or we have a go at them.
Nothing to lose.

Do you think other fans (top 4 to 6) get worried when we are next on the fixture list? I don't think they do.
We see Chelsea and Man utd and think oh god, Not so much City or liverpool imo as we sometimes play well.
Chelsea and United and now the NLD you fear the worse. the NLD tend to be more on the draw side of things.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:04 PM
you might go in to a game against Arsenal thinking right. Either we are gonna get spanked or we have a go at them.
Nothing to lose.

Do you think other fans (top 4 to 6) get worried when we are next on the fixture list? I don't think they do.
We see Chelsea and Man utd and think oh god, Not so much City or liverpool imo as we sometimes play well.
Chelsea and United and now the NLD you fear the worse. the NLD tend to be more on the draw side of things.

Fans don't play the games though, our players do.

Anyway, when they fancy it. If it's not too chilly, you know.

And if Mesut hasn't got a note from his mum excusing him because of a tickly cough and Aaron hasn't had too much rice pudding the night before.

And so on .. :furious:

Ash
02-02-2017, 03:50 PM

Worst Arsenal player to score 100 goals?

Obviously we haven't seen all those blokes play, but we can read about them and see how long it took them to score a hundred goals, and so on.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Worst Arsenal player to score 100 goals?

Obviously we haven't seen all those blokes play, but we can read about them and see how long it took them to score a hundred goals, and so on.
Maybe like Merse he will be stranded on 99

Ash
02-02-2017, 03:53 PM

'Legend' inflation is rampant, and not just in football. I regularly get called a legend at work just for doing my job. Although maybe I do it so well that my accomplishments have become legendary. I am a humble guy. :shrug:

Ash
02-02-2017, 04:02 PM
So Ashley Cole has the dubious honour of being both club legend and pariah (arguably the most hated ex-player of the current game).

Note: I don't dislike Ashley in the slightest in respect of football and related actions

I don't understand how people manage to maintain the rage at players who leave for years after. Forever even. It is disappointing at the time, and things might get said, but these feelings drain away. I remember Mr Cole as an excellent player in a genuinely legendary team.

Burney
02-02-2017, 04:03 PM
I don't understand how people manage to maintain the rage at players who leave for years after. Forever even. It is disappointing at the time, and things might get said, but these feelings drain away. I remember Mr Cole as an excellent player in a genuinely legendary team.

Apart from Frank Stapleton (who deserves to burn in hell), I agree.