PSRB
02-01-2017, 10:23 AM
How did I miss this news?

Oh well, at least Eurosport know their stuff when it comes to Winter Sports

Burney
02-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Thank fûck for that. No more being bombarded by cünts pretending to know or care about sailing for four weeks. :cloud9:

Pokster
02-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Thank fûck for that. No more being bombarded by cünts pretending to know or care about sailing for four weeks. :cloud9:

Ooh ooh, I win... I guessed you would be the first to reply and it would be a negative... you are more of a chip pisser than me

Burney
02-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Ooh ooh, I win... I guessed you would be the first to reply and it would be a negative... you are more of a chip pisser than me

If the boy who pointed out that the emperor had no clothes on and that everyone really ought to get some perspective was a chip pïsser, then I am happy to accept that title.

Pokster
02-01-2017, 10:37 AM
If the boy who pointed out that the emperor had no clothes on and that everyone really ought to get some perspective was a chip pïsser, then I am happy to accept that title.

The Olympics are ace (imo), you are just a grumpy old(ish) sod

Pat Vegas
02-01-2017, 10:42 AM

the Winter Olympics will most likely lose the pro's in the ice hockey.
it's going to be rubbish.

Pat Vegas
02-01-2017, 10:43 AM
The Olympics are ace (imo), you are just a grumpy old(ish) sod

They are not good now Team GB are quite good.

PSRB
02-01-2017, 10:44 AM

Winter Olympics is great, we're still quite crap at that......although a few decent medal chances this time round

Pat Vegas
02-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Winter Olympics is great, we're still quite crap at that......although a few decent medal chances this time round

I quite like watching curling. it's relaxing.

Burney
02-01-2017, 10:47 AM

I will watch them just as soon as they get rid of all the non sports and legalise all the drugs, so everyone's absolutely roided to fück and likely to burst at any moment.

Burney
02-01-2017, 10:47 AM

To be fair, our lack of snow is a major impediment to us being any good, isn't it?

PSRB
02-01-2017, 11:12 AM
To be fair, our lack of snow is a major impediment to us being any good, isn't it?

Indoor proper snow slopes are helping, especially with all the modern "trick" events they've now added. We're still pretty crap at things like Downhill & Giant Slalom where you need a bit more than a 200m slope

Long track speed skating has always had me wondering why the Dutch are so good at it, where are these mammoth skating rinks that are required hidden away in the Netherlands?

PSRB
02-01-2017, 11:13 AM
the Winter Olympics will most likely lose the pro's in the ice hockey.
it's going to be rubbish.

They've been saying that for years, they always find a way round it

Burney
02-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Indoor proper snow slopes are helping, especially with all the modern "trick" events they've now added. We're still pretty crap at things like Downhill & Giant Slalom where you need a bit more than a 200m slope

Long track speed skating has always had me wondering why the Dutch are so good at it, where are these mammoth skating rinks that are required hidden away in the Netherlands?

Is it not a traditional thing with dutchers? Didn't they always used to skate along frozen dykes? I mean, I've never seen Sir C doing it, but he's half-Irish.

Sir C
02-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Is it not a traditional thing with dutchers? Didn't they always used to skate along frozen dykes? I mean, I've never seen Sir C doing it, but he's half-Irish.

I'd love to see the Elfstedentocht. At one point in December it looked like it might happen, but sadly didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfstedentocht

Sir C
02-01-2017, 11:27 AM

Everyone skates in Holland, p. It's fúcking freezing in winter and they have canals everywhere.

Burney
02-01-2017, 11:33 AM
I'd love to see the Elfstedentocht. At one point in December it looked like it might happen, but sadly didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfstedentocht

Yes. I still find it amazing that The Thames used to freeze sufficiently for ice fairs. The Thames! It's fücking massive and tidal. It must have been proper brass monkey weather to do that back in the mini Ice Age.

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2017, 11:39 AM
I quite like watching curling. it's relaxing.
I had a go at Eisstockshiesen - a kind of German curling - a few weeks back. i was surprisingly good at it considering I was quite hammered. By good - I mean I didn't fall on my arse at all

Burney
02-01-2017, 11:44 AM
I had a go at Eisstockshiesen - a kind of German curling - a few weeks back. i was surprisingly good at it considering I was quite hammered. By good - I mean I didn't fall on my arse at all

I'm getting a bit worried that you're going native, la. Have you started wondering thinking how much better it would be if Germany just took over everywhere else and taught them how to do it more efficiently, yet? :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm getting a bit worried that you're going native, la. Have you started wondering thinking how much better it would be if Germany just took over everywhere else and taught them how to do it more efficiently, yet? :-(

Christ no - the efficiency is a myth (see building projects in Hamburg/Berlin for example - or even how they took three ****ing months just to put a new revolving door on our ****ing building).

Angela should be queen of everything of course though

Ash
02-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Christ no - the efficiency is a myth (see building projects in Hamburg/Berlin for example - or even how they took three ****ing months just to put a new revolving door on our ****ing building).

Yes, but surely it's the best revolving door available. Coming to such decisions takes time.

Burney
02-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Angela should be queen of everything of course though

:hehe: I know the efficiency thing is a myth these days, but that German attitude of 'why doesn't everyone do things like us?' still lingers in places.
My favourite recent example of the myth of German efficiency being exposed when it was pointed out after that terrorist chap was shot in Italy that we now had the bizarre spectacle of the German police being bungling incompetents while the Italian police act with ruthless efficiency. :hehe:

PSRB
02-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Everyone skates in Holland, p. It's fúcking freezing in winter and they have canals everywhere.

Everyone bowls or plays darts in my experience and can never remember it being particularly cold, even in January. I guess I only went frequently over a couple of years though.

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Yes, but surely it's the best revolving door available. Coming to such decisions takes time.

Actually they replaced the revolving door with these automatic ones which shushes like the Star Trek door and it is cylindrical like a transporter. It is really quite cool a bit like this

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2017, 01:02 PM
:hehe: I know the efficiency thing is a myth these days, but that German attitude of 'why doesn't everyone do things like us?' still lingers in places.
My favourite recent example of the myth of German efficiency being exposed when it was pointed out after that terrorist chap was shot in Italy that we now had the bizarre spectacle of the German police being bungling incompetents while the Italian police act with ruthless efficiency. :hehe:
Yes that went down well as you can imagine. Well it did quite with the Bavarians as it was clearly the Northerners how ****ed up

World's End Stella
02-01-2017, 02:00 PM
I will watch them just as soon as they get rid of all the non sports and legalise all the drugs, so everyone's absolutely roided to fück and likely to burst at any moment.

That would be ace, wouldn't it? :hehe:

Can you imagine watching someone run the 100m in about 4 secs? Or maybe Mo Farah could run the 5K against a clean athlete running the 800m and we could see who wins.

Opportunities for class entertainment all over the shop here, Burney. :-)