PDA

View Full Version : Apart from the obvious I made some other observations about last nights game.

Pat Vegas
02-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Gabriel is scared to take throw ins.

I like Nacho but I think Sanchez distracts him. Would it be so bad to put a ball in to the box now and again.

PSRB
02-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Gabriel is scared to take throw ins.

I like Nacho but I think Sanchez distracts him. Would it be so bad to put a ball in to the box now and again.

I have never seen a worse full back at covering opposition throw ins than Gabriel, he just lets players run off him all the time. Walcott should have had 2, Gomez's save to deny Iwobi was outstanding. Sanchez and Ozil had poor games and less said about Ramsey the better

Pat Vegas
02-01-2017, 09:20 AM
I have never seen a worse full back at covering opposition throw ins than Gabriel, he just lets players run off him all the time. Walcott should have had 2, Gomez's save to deny Iwobi was outstanding. Sanchez and Ozil had poor games and less said about Ramsey the better

I wish Perez had scored. I really like him.

PSRB
02-01-2017, 09:28 AM
I wish Perez had scored. I really like him.

I do, looks a class addition

SWv2
02-01-2017, 09:32 AM

Purely being pedantic, and not wishing to take away from the thrust of your argument, but Gabriel is not a full back.

Therein lies a fair proportion of the issue. One can put square pegs in round holes and sometimes they will work, but ultimately they will be found out as footballers are programmed to do things, specific things relative to the positions they play in.

PSRB
02-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Purely being pedantic, and not wishing to take away from the thrust of your argument, but Gabriel is not a full back.

Therein lies a fair proportion of the issue. One can put square pegs in round holes and sometimes they will work, but ultimately they will be found out as footballers are programmed to do things, specific things relative to the positions they play in.

Oh I know, he is however, a defender. Tracking runs should not be an entirely new science to him.

SWv2
02-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Oh I know, he is however, a defender. Tracking runs should not be an entirely new science to him.

Our midfield can be quite guilty of this on occasion also (and not just Ramsey).

PSRB
02-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Our midfield can be quite guilty of this on occasion also (and not just Ramsey).

Quite simply, for 45 minutes we were terrible. On another day, we'd have one that match based on the chances we created last night. We will beat Chelsea, of that I'm certain...............ish

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-01-2017, 09:54 AM
We will beat Chelsea, of that I'm certain...............ish

Not really sure how as we will have bugger all of a midfield except for an unconvincing Coq. Alex and Iwobi?

PSRB
02-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Not really sure how as we will have bugger all of a midfield except for an unconvincing Coq. Alex and Iwobi?

I really don't get the Coq hate, I thought he was good again last night, certainly one of our better performers. Hopefully the Ox will be fit

02-01-2017, 10:09 AM
I really don't get the Coq hate, I thought he was good again last night, certainly one of our better performers. Hopefully the Ox will be fit
No hate from me...not sure he's 100% fit and is only playing as Xhaka is an idiot and Elneny is at the ACN. Hope you (and AW) are right about the Ox but he was limping a bit last night :-|

PSRB
02-01-2017, 10:10 AM
No hate from me...not sure he's 100% fit and is only playing as Xhaka is an idiot and Elneny is at the ACN. Hope you (and AW) are right about the Ox but he was limping a bit last night :-|

Apparently a kick to the knee, AW says he should be fit for Chelsea

redgunamo
02-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Why is Elneny still at the ACN? Who does he play for, the All Blacks?!

Pokster
02-01-2017, 10:41 AM

He is (or was... missed the QF) injured, calf strain

Burney
02-01-2017, 10:41 AM

Racist imo.

redgunamo
02-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Racist imo.

Merely alternative facts.

Pat Vegas
02-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Racist imo.

Speaking of the all blacks.

Do the realise they actually look ridiculous when they do that little dance.

02-01-2017, 10:46 AM
He is (or was... missed the QF) injured, calf strain

Of course he is. He's an Arsenal mf :hehe: :-|

Burney
02-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Speaking of the all blacks.

Do the realise they actually look ridiculous when they do that little dance.

Yes, but cleverly, they've made it so it's sort of racist to point that out or to suggest that it offers a completely unfair psychological advantage to one team that is not afforded to the other.

Sir C
02-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Yes, but cleverly, they've made it so it's sort of racist to point that out or to suggest that it offers a completely unfair psychological advantage to one team that is not afforded to the other.

It's all very '18th century brave warriors meet the nasty Europeans on the beach', isn't it?

The first European side which forms square and gives them a couple of musket volleys will win my everlasting support.

Norn Iron
02-01-2017, 11:11 AM

If he's scared to take a throw in he shouldn't be playing. The second goal is up there with the worst I've seen. We gave the ball to them from a throw in. Totally out of the game from our throw. It's ridcules.

SWv2
02-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Quite simply, for 45 minutes we were terrible. On another day, we'd have one that match based on the chances we created last night. We will beat Chelsea, of that I'm certain...............ish

I admire your loyalty mate but I honestly cannot see anything other than our pants being pulled down and us rigorously fúcked in the bottoms.