PDA

View Full Version : So, the pooves convicted of poovery have been pardoned.

Sir C
01-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Pardoned? When they were convicted, poovery was illegal, so they had committed a criminal act, no? The law was clearly wrong, but it was the law of the time.

Does this mean I can now be convicted for smoking on an aeroplane in 1978?

Pat Vegas
01-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Pardoned? When they were convicted, poovery was illegal, so they had committed a criminal act, no? The law was clearly wrong, but it was the law of the time.

:nod:
They are also trying to make it illegal if you said Grab them by the P.... in 2005

Pokster
01-31-2017, 03:23 PM

Now if only you had said having a fag on an aeroplane in 1978

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
01-31-2017, 03:23 PM

Works the other way with things that have become illegal since one committed the original act. It's not smoking you need to worry about c. It's all the noncing you did under the guise of "would you like to come and see the cockpit son" when you were a plane driver :nod:

Sir C
01-31-2017, 03:25 PM
Works the other way with things that have become illegal since one committed the original act. It's not smoking you need to worry about c. It's all the noncing you did under the guise of "would you like to come and see the cockpit son" when you were a plane driver :nod:

They loved it, the dirty slags.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2017, 03:36 PM

No, but you have to live with the guilt that you might have made WES's clothes smell of smoke once. That is prison enough

Burney
01-31-2017, 03:39 PM

Aaah, ex post facto law! In no way is that an absolutely terrible precedent to set.

Sir C
01-31-2017, 03:45 PM
No, but you have to live with the guilt that you might have made WES's clothes smell of smoke once. That is prison enough

He's a proper fúcking snowflake and no mistake.

Mind you, once article 50 has been triggered we get to chuck all the foreigners out, don't we? Mister Trudeau will no doubt arrange a state reception to welcome him home after his dreadful smoke-related ordeals.

Burney
01-31-2017, 03:58 PM
He's a proper fúcking snowflake and no mistake.

Mind you, once article 50 has been triggered we get to chuck all the foreigners out, don't we? Mister Trudeau will no doubt arrange a state reception to welcome him home after his dreadful smoke-related ordeals.

Anti-smokers really do make me unreasonably angry. What instinct possesses them? Their instincts to me seem equivalent to those of someone who, if they see a man in the street taking a kicking from a gang, would join in with the gang rather than help the bloke on the ground.

Sir C
01-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Anti-smokers really do make me unreasonably angry. What instinct possesses them? Their instincts to me seem equivalent to those of someone who, if they see a man in the street taking a kicking from a gang, would join in with the gang rather than help the bloke on the ground.

In general they are the sort of people who become enraged at the thought that a chap might a) do something enjoyable, or b) live for a moment in freedom, unencumbered by a law or regulation. It's not about the smoking, it is pure choler brought about by seeing someone free to enjoy something.

70 years ago these people found gainful employ as concentration camp guards; now they must express their bitterness and jealousy at the expense of other misfortunates.

World's End Stella
01-31-2017, 04:29 PM

What a bizarre view.

I don't like the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't like breathing in smoke as I find it unpleasant. I don't like my clothes smelling of stale smoke at the end of the night.

That instinct, you mean? That's what you can't understand? Bizarre.