PDA

View Full Version : I dreamt last night that I saw Donald Trump on a parade through Hoddesdon.

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:11 AM
Which is weird, since I hardly every go to Hoddesdon. :rubchin:

Sir C
01-31-2017, 09:16 AM
Which is weird, since I hardly every go to Hoddesdon. :rubchin:

Was it like a Roman Triumph? Was there a chap holding a laurel wreath over his head, whispering in his ear?

Was he wearing a toga?

I can't wait to see what he does today. Can he stimulate even more hand-wringing?

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:20 AM
Was it like a Roman Triumph? Was there a chap holding a laurel wreath over his head, whispering in his ear?

Was he wearing a toga?

I can't wait to see what he does today. Can he stimulate even more hand-wringing?

He was standing in the back of what seemed to be a pimped-up pickup truck throwing sweets to the kiddies in the crowd. He was going down a treat - everyone loved him.

He surely can't do one of these per day, can he? Although every new one does have the advantage of making everyone forget about the last one. It could be a strategy.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-31-2017, 09:27 AM

Was he wearing a toga?

Just read Owen Jones referred to the travel ban as "fascistic" :hehe:

Sir C
01-31-2017, 09:30 AM

I'm convinced that there is some sort of mass hysteria going on. The hyperbole is getting more and more extreme - imagine if he actually did something fascistic, they'd have no words left to describe it. And it's not just students and wastrels, there are some apparently normal people being dragged into the hive mind.

Odd.

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm convinced that there is some sort of mass hysteria going on. The hyperbole is getting more and more extreme - imagine if he actually did something fascistic, they'd have no words left to describe it. And it's not just students and wastrels, there are some apparently normal people being dragged into the hive mind.

Odd.

Sooner or later some lefty nutjob's going to do something extreme and it'll all kick off.

redgunamo
01-31-2017, 09:39 AM
He was standing in the back of what seemed to be a pimped-up pickup truck throwing sweets to the kiddies in the crowd. He was going down a treat - everyone loved him.

He surely can't do one of these per day, can he? Although every new one does have the advantage of making everyone forget about the last one. It could be a strategy.

It's certainly deliberate. Maybe it's his own modification of Boyd's Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act process; keep your opponents off balance and constantly having to re-focus and deal with what you said yesterday while today you've already moved on. That way, you control the fight.

Sir C
01-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Sooner or later some lefty nutjob's going to do something extreme and it'll all kick off.

Oh God what if some Che Guevara wannabe shoots him? Those fúcking rednecks will go mental.

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:41 AM

Yes. This is particularly amusing when one of the speakers on Trump who was being praised by all and sundry for her contribution was Naz Shah, who was recently suspended by Labour for...errr...anti-semitism. :hehe:

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:43 AM
It's certainly deliberate. Maybe it's his own modification of Boyd's Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act process; keep your opponents off balance and constantly having to re-focus and deal with what you said yesterday while today you've already moved on. That way, you control the fight.

Oddly enough, I was reading all about getting inside the enemy's OODA loop the other day in a very good book about Brexit by Tim Shipman. Well worth a read. The Vote Leave campaign director said it was key to their strategy.

Funny isn't it? You can never have heard about a concept before and then hear about it twice in a week.

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:44 AM
Oh God what if some Che Guevara wannabe shoots him? Those fúcking rednecks will go mental.

It might not even be that. We already have anti-Trump 'moderates' advocating street violence, so how long before someone dies?

redgunamo
01-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Oddly enough, I was reading all about getting inside the enemy's OODA loop the other day in a very good book about Brexit by Tim Shipman. Well worth a read. The Vote Leave campaign director said it was key to their strategy.

Funny isn't it? You can never have heard about a concept before and then hear about it twice in a week.

Oh, yes. It's obvious tactics when up against superior resources. It's no good playing against an entrenched establishment using established methods.

Burney
01-31-2017, 10:09 AM
Oh, yes. It's obvious tactics when up against superior resources. It's no good playing against an entrenched establishment using established methods.

Yes. There were some interesting examples. A lot of it appears quite childish on the surface, but if it distracts your opponent from delivering their core message - or just obscures them doing so - it's considered worth it. One such was the Vote Leave campaign making a point of referring to the Britain Stronger in Europe as 'The BSE campaign', which irritated them no end, apparently. :hehe:

Pokster
01-31-2017, 11:08 AM
It might not even be that. We already have anti-Trump 'moderates' advocating street violence, so how long before someone dies?

Didn't 2 people die at an anti Tump demo yesterday? (in the States)

Burney
01-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Didn't 2 people die at an anti Tump demo yesterday? (in the States)

I've no idea, to be honest.