Kos
Monreal

Elneny
Xhaka

Welbeck
Ozil
Alexis

Giroud

Besides it will be character building for our lot....

Mo Britain less Europe
01-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Akers and Goonersaurus in the team imo. Hill-Wood at centre-forward, Kronke's wig in goal.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
01-31-2017, 07:55 AM
Kronke's wig in goal.
:hehe: We might get to see a penalty saved at last

IUFG
01-31-2017, 08:23 AM
yep, what could possibly go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_udb-LsB8

redgunamo
01-31-2017, 09:50 AM
And give them what they came for :hehe:

Cech

Bellerin
Mustafi
Kos
Monreal

Elneny
Xhaka

Welbeck
Ozil
Alexis

Giroud

Definately. A strong team. Respect our opponents and the competition itself.

No worries because we actually do have a good, deep squad. Plenty of quality to spare.

Sir C
01-31-2017, 09:51 AM
And give them what they came for :hehe:

Cech

Bellerin
Mustafi
Kos
Monreal

Elneny
Xhaka

Welbeck
Ozil
Alexis

Giroud

Have we offered to play it at our place yet? They'd probably take home two years' turnover.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2017, 09:56 AM
Have we offered to play it at our place yet? They'd probably take home two years' turnover.
Who did that - was it Farnborough? We won 5-1 I seem to recall.

Apparently their pitch will cause us trouble though

Sir C
01-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Who did that - was it Farnborough? We won 5-1 I seem to recall.

Apparently their pitch will cause us trouble though

Farnborough, yes. I think we played the first team, though :hehe:

Their 3G pitch? Like the 3G pitches we train on? :sherlock:

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:58 AM

I'm quite looking forward to seeing us slogging it out on a wet, ploughed field in Sutton with the crowd inches from the touchline. That'd be fun. Also, it's not like it's miles away, is it? It's just past the Purley Way, ffs!

Burney
01-31-2017, 09:59 AM

Oh, is it artificial? :-( That oughtn't to be allowed. Spoils all the fun.

SWv2
01-31-2017, 09:59 AM

I'm not sure you can do that anymore can you?

The game can be ordered to be moved on advice / instruction from your Old Bill at which point the main benefactors become the FA.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2017, 10:02 AM

that's what I thought. Regardless you think we would be happier to play on that rather than the ****hole at Lincoln for example

redgunamo
01-31-2017, 10:03 AM

All our players will get cancer? :-(

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2017, 10:03 AM
Oh, is it artificial? :-( That oughtn't to be allowed. Spoils all the fun.
Yes - not like the old **** ones though. They play rugby on 3G so I am guessing it doesn't cut you to shreds

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2017, 10:05 AM
All our players will get cancer? :-(

Taylor, Lauren, Campbell, Cygan, van Bronckhorst, Vieira, Pires (Bergkamp 66), Parlour, Toure (Wiltord 66), Jeffers, Kanu (Edu 76).

Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp :hehe:

SWv2
01-31-2017, 10:09 AM
As I suspected:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/mar/12/newsstory.sport1

Off to Sutton we go.

I worked in Sutton once for one day.

Burney
01-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Yes - not like the old **** ones though. They play rugby on 3G so I am guessing it doesn't cut you to shreds

I remember goalkeepers used to have to wear long trousers. :-(

Burney
01-31-2017, 10:11 AM
As I suspected:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/mar/12/newsstory.sport1

Off to Sutton we go.

I worked in Sutton once for one day.

Could you smell the toffee from the Payne's Poppets factory?

SWv2
01-31-2017, 10:14 AM
Could you smell the toffee from the Payne's Poppets factory?

Oh I cannot remember, it was a one-day cash in hand thing when I first arrived to seek the streets paved with gold. I expect it was lifting **** from place A to place B. Not intellectually challenging but enough money for a bag of cans on the way home before heading up west for the evening.

Pokster
01-31-2017, 10:17 AM

Our local non league team have a 3G pitch... been about 10 times to watch them, plays just like grass and not seen any injuries due to burns etc since they put it in

Burney
01-31-2017, 10:17 AM
Oh I cannot remember, it was a one-day cash in hand thing when I first arrived to seek the streets paved with gold. I expect it was lifting **** from place A to place B. Not intellectually challenging but enough money for a bag of cans on the way home before heading up west for the evening.

As a youngster I used to drink in a place called The Harrow there on a Saturday night. I say 'drink', but it was basically a meat market. If you weren't careful you could wake up next to some Cheam divorcee who looked a lot younger the night before. :-\

Norn Iron
01-31-2017, 10:24 AM

Any 3G pitches I've played on cut you up. 4G doesn't cut you as bad.
I'm not sure if you get different standards of 3G pitches. I thought from watching Sutton on Sunday that it was a 4G pitch.

Burney
01-31-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure if you get different standards of 3G pitches. I thought from watching Sutton on Sunday that it was a 4G pitch.

What is this mystical 'G' when it's at home? And why has the artificial pitch industry stolen the terminology of the data roaming industry?

Do people do this stuff just to confuse me?

Pokster
01-31-2017, 10:35 AM

There isn't (officially) such a thing as 4G

Norn Iron
01-31-2017, 10:51 AM
What is this mystical 'G' when it's at home? And why has the artificial pitch industry stolen the terminology of the data roaming industry?

Do people do this stuff just to confuse me?

Generation!

3G is astroturf and is a sandy surface. 4G is synthetic strands of grass. I don't really have a clue what I'm talking about to be honest. It seems the bigger the G the more it's like actual grass :)

Arsenal's pitch is partly synthetic. I'm not a grass expert.

Norn Iron
01-31-2017, 10:57 AM
There isn't (officially) such a thing as 4G

Liar! Ask Crusaders and Cliftonville. They play on it every week.

Pokster
01-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Liar! Ask Crusaders and Cliftonville. They play on it every week.

No they don't.... $G is somthing manufacturers claim, the fact is 3G is officially recongnised, anything after that is just manufacturing speak..... saying that the difference between some 3G pitches is huge. Harrogate Town play on a brilliant one, the local school's isn't a patch on it.

Went to watch my eldest play on one at a Private school, it was so good it was unbelievable

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2017, 11:24 AM
Our local non league team have a 3G pitch... been about 10 times to watch them, plays just like grass and not seen any injuries due to burns etc since they put it in

That's what I thought. Actually watched some of the Sutton Wimbledon game - didn't really notice the pitch