PDA

View Full Version : Any of you HR gurus clued up on Tupe Law?

Tony C
01-30-2017, 03:35 PM
the account I've been working on for the past 6 years is transferring to a new company in May and I've been told that Tupe law is applicable.

does this mean the new company will have first dibs on my services?

I read that redundancy is a possibility in cases like these but the client is highly likely to recommend that I continue working on the account given my flawless record with them and that I'm the only one who knows how they operate financially globally.

also the company I'm working for are in the process off offering me another role...would me accepting said role remove me from the Tupe picture.

I suppose I can resign and move if they really wanted me...almost like that Castleford player moving to Sale innit.

SWv2
01-30-2017, 03:47 PM
the account I've been working on for the past 6 years is transferring to a new company in May and I've been told that Tupe law is applicable.

I read that redundancy is a possibility in cases like these but the client is highly likely to recommend that I continue working on the account given my flawless record with them and that I'm the only one who knows how they operate financially globally.

also the company I'm working for are in the process off offering me another role...would me accepting said role remove me from the Tupe picture.

I suppose I can resign and move if they really wanted me...almost like that Castleford player moving to Sale innit.

IUFG is your HR Nazi you want to lean on here.

He will probably quote you some nanny state nonsense, ask you to fill a form in and then give you a warning for calling someone a poof.

P.s. is it 6 years since you were inside?

PSRB
01-30-2017, 03:57 PM

I moved under TUPE, was a while back though. Just remember that couldn't make my terms any worse and I actually ended up with a decent pay rise and better holiday

The decision is entirely yours if your company is offering you something else, you can stay and opt out of TUPE if you want

Tony C
01-30-2017, 04:09 PM
your arithmetic is correct SW.

a tremendous comeback on my part.

Lots or hard work (very late nights, +20 hour days and weekends) and sacrifices.

In June I'll be taking my first holiday for time....not a money issue...I've saved loads....just think it's about time I take a break.

SWv2
01-30-2017, 04:12 PM
your arithmetic is correct SW.

a tremendous comeback on my part.

Lots or hard work (very late nights, +20 hour days and weekends) and sacrifices.

In June I'll be taking my first holiday for time....not a money issue...I've saved loads....just think it's about time I take a break.

Fúck me, 6 years. Does not seem anything like that.

I congratulate you on your rehabilitation and assimilation back into normal law abiding life.

Tony C
01-30-2017, 04:12 PM
thanks PSRB.

the internal role the company I'm working for isn't half bad either...will get to do some travelling to Basle and Hong Kong...infact they've told me I will have to go to HK to set things up first.

--

Tony C
01-30-2017, 04:18 PM
thank you SW.

2010 it was.

just shows you what you can achieve once you get your head down an concentrate.