PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Musings...

Tony C
01-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Bit of disappointing weekend with the racing for me...too many 2nd places.

Thistlecrack 2nd
Cantlow 2nd
Legle Eagle 2nd in the Met in South Africa
Shaman Ghost 2nd @ 50/1 eachway in the Pegasus World Cup...this was particularly annoying.

to cap it all off...Ruby Walsh leading on Royal Caviar running do to the last and fell yesterday....good grief.

At least formwise I'm picking the right sort of horses and my bankroll skills are not top notch so only came out £35 down.

fair enough.

This weekend should be interesting...how good is Brain Power. I'm fascinated by him...normally I wouldn't go for a handicapper in the Champion Hurdle but they're dropping like flies and Yanworth is now the firm favourite.

U_Know_what_I_mean_Harry was probably the best Cheltenham Festival performance....always had the leaders covered, travelled into the race like a classy horse, took the lead turning for home and then pulled out more up the hill when asked.

He's confirmed his upward progression from novice to a classy type and I'd expect him to win the Stayer's Hurdle no problems.

--

Football - with all of the shocks taking place I was worried about us but then I saw Lucas and Welbeck starting and knew we'd be alright. hard to stop those two whippersnappers.

--

Cricket...Perth Scorchers cruised to victory...too easy for them in the end but ffs England!!! they let that won slip. I know that Bumrah lbw wasn't out but they still had 5 balls to score the remaining runs and we didn't even come close!!!

Anways next stop Bangalore and the good thing is that we know we can compete with them in a T20 setting. No fear...just get it done and end the tour on a positive note.

Speaking of letting games slip....New Zealand avoided a major scare last night with Australia almost pulling off an epic miracle escape.

--

Mayweather-McGregor - Looks like the fight is on!! Both fighters issued upbeat reports on the current situation. Just a case of sorting out the numbers and McGregor says he's flying into Vegas to have talks with Mayweather over it.

Pretty sure they'll work something out....

--

And Finally...the Royal Rumble :clap:

LOOOOOL @ Brock Lesnar....Goldberg destroyed him again. I was a bit annoyed when I saw the Undertaking in the final four...I was like - seriously??? you couldn't push another guy....out of the last set of guys I'm glad it was Randy Orton that one. Hopefully make for some good story lines.

---

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Bit of disappointing weekend with the racing for me...too many 2nd places.

Thistlecrack 2nd
Cantlow 2nd
Legle Eagle 2nd in the Met in South Africa
Shaman Ghost 2nd @ 50/1 eachway in the Pegasus World Cup...this was particularly annoying.

to cap it all off...Ruby Walsh leading on Royal Caviar running do to the last and fell yesterday....good grief.

At least formwise I'm picking the right sort of horses and my bankroll skills are not top notch so only came out £35 down.

fair enough.

This weekend should be interesting...how good is Brain Power. I'm fascinated by him...normally I wouldn't go for a handicapper in the Champion Hurdle but they're dropping like flies and Yanworth is now the firm favourite.

U_Know_what_I_mean_Harry was probably the best Cheltenham Festival performance....always had the leaders covered, travelled into the race like a classy horse, took the lead turning for home and then pulled out more up the hill when asked.

He's confirmed his upward progression from novice to a classy type and I'd expect him to win the Stayer's Hurdle no problems.

--

Football - with all of the shocks taking place I was worried about us but then I saw Lucas and Welbeck starting and knew we'd be alright. hard to stop those two whippersnappers.

--

Cricket...Perth Scorchers cruised to victory...too easy for them in the end but ffs England!!! they let that won slip. I know that Bumrah lbw wasn't out but they still had 5 balls to score the remaining runs and we didn't even come close!!!

Anways next stop Bangalore and the good thing is that we know we can compete with them in a T20 setting. No fear...just get it done and end the tour on a positive note.

Speaking of letting games slip....New Zealand avoided a major scare last night with Australia almost pulling off an epic miracle escape.

--

Mayweather-McGregor - Looks like the fight is on!! Both fighters issued upbeat reports on the current situation. Just a case of sorting out the numbers and McGregor says he's flying into Vegas to have talks with Mayweather over it.

Pretty sure they'll work something out....

--

And Finally...the Royal Rumble :clap:

LOOOOOL @ Brock Lesnar....Goldberg destroyed him again. I was a bit annoyed when I saw the Undertaking in the final four...I was like - seriously??? you couldn't push another guy....out of the last set of guys I'm glad it was Randy Orton that one. Hopefully make for some good story lines.

---

Well done Belly and Bres imo

Some knock from Stoinis - ridicules last stand when the no11 didn't even face a ball in a 50 partnership

Ash
01-30-2017, 02:00 PM

Shame that Zaire got knocked out though. I used to have their subbuteo team.

PSRB
01-30-2017, 02:07 PM
The umpire in the India vs England T20 was utterly shocking, I mean investigation bad!

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2017, 02:12 PM
The umpire in the India vs England T20 was utterly shocking, I mean investigation bad!
Home umpire in not giving out Kohli shocker

PSRB
01-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Home umpire in not giving out Kohli shocker

It was so clearly out as well! As clear as Root's inside edge.

I could only assume that having not given Kohli and Rahul (I think), the 3rd umpire told him he had to give the next one as it was getting a little bit obvious

Tony C
01-30-2017, 02:46 PM
I don't even rate Bumrah...the guy totally cheesed / whiffed / fluked that final over.

so annoying.

PSRB
01-30-2017, 02:53 PM
I don't even rate Bumrah...the guy totally cheesed / whiffed / fluked that final over.

so annoying.

I can't help but think of a crap version of the baddie from Thundercats whenever they mention his name :hehe:

redgunamo
01-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Shame that Zaire got knocked out though. I used to have their subbuteo team.

I didn't even know Zaire was still a country.