PDA

View Full Version : How has this ban on seven countries suddenly become

Billy Goat Sverige
01-30-2017, 09:20 AM
a muslim ban when muslims from other countries are not banned? The whole thing was obviously not very well thought out in terms of people already holding visas getting caught up in it, but it quickly went from being a ban on people from countries with a high terrorist threat to a muslim ban.

Sir C
01-30-2017, 09:32 AM
a muslim ban when muslims from other countries are not banned? The whole thing was obviously not very well thought out in terms of people already holding visas getting caught up in it but it quickly went from being a ban on people from countries with a high terrorist threat to a muslim ban.

Oh it's a fine excuse for a certain sort of person to begin bandying the terms fascist and Hitler with gay abandon. And haven't they seize their opportunity with gleeful enthusiasm!

Apparently the worst part is that it might potentially inconvenience Mo Farah, a man who loves this country soooo much, he lives in the USA.

It's all very hysterical.

World's End Stella
01-30-2017, 09:38 AM
Oh it's a fine excuse for a certain sort of person to begin bandying the terms fascist and Hitler with gay abandon. And haven't they seize their opportunity with gleeful enthusiasm!

Apparently the worst part is that it might potentially inconvenience Mo Farah, a man who loves this country soooo much, he lives in the USA.

Sir Mo doesn't love America, Charles, it's just that his drug coach is over there and Sir Mo needs his drug coach and his drugs to compete.

Can't blame a chap for earning a living, after all.

Pokster
01-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Sir Mo doesn't love America, Charles, it's just that his drug coach is over there and Sir Mo needs his drug coach and his drugs to compete.

Can't blame a chap for earning a living, after all.

Don't you ever get bored with this crap?

Burney
01-30-2017, 09:43 AM

Watching lefties act like waving a placard or signing an online petition makes them Dietrich fücking Bonhoeffer is possibly my favourite thing about Donald Trump. :hehe:

Monty92
01-30-2017, 09:43 AM
a muslim ban when muslims from other countries are not banned? The whole thing was obviously not very well thought out in terms of people already holding visas getting caught up in it, but it quickly went from being a ban on people from countries with a high terrorist threat to a muslim ban.

I guess people might reasonably argue it's a de facto ban on Muslims from those countries listed.

Anyway, it was Obama's list of countries. Trump has merely taken the list Obama's administration compiled to tighten up visa control and applied a more hard line approach. As he said he would while campaigning during the election he went on to win.

Pokster
01-30-2017, 09:44 AM
I guess people might reasonably argue it's a de facto ban on Muslims from those countries listed.

Anyway, it was Obama's list of countries. Trump has merely taken the list Obama's administration compiled to tighten up visa control and applied a more hard line approach. As he said he would while campaigning during the election he went on to win.

Perhaps its politicians telling the truth and carrying out what they said during campaigning that people don't like?

Sir C
01-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Watching lefties act like waving a placard or signing an online petition makes them Dietrich fücking Bonhoeffer is possibly my favourite thing about Donald Trump. :hehe:

One wonders where Donald's Give-a-fúck-ometer is currently registering :hehe:

I keep saying it, but... the brass balls on the man! Quite, quite remarkable.

Burney
01-30-2017, 09:47 AM

Suggestions from the administration that Saudi and Egypt may get added to the list. Now that I would applaud.

Burney
01-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Don't you ever get bored with this crap?

Yeah, that's right, p. It's the Quorn that does it, innit? :hehe:

Burney
01-30-2017, 09:49 AM

Meanwhile, we await with interest to hear of the nationality/ethnicity of the Quebec shooter(s). :rubchin:

Burney
01-30-2017, 09:52 AM
One wonders where Donald's Give-a-fúck-ometer is currently registering :hehe:

I keep saying it, but... the brass balls on the man! Quite, quite remarkable.

I am struggling with the idea that placing a temporary ban on people entering from countries on a pre-existing watch list is basically Kristallnacht, I must admit. But, oh, the squealing!

Billy Goat Sverige
01-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Meanwhile, we await with interest to hear of the nationality/ethnicity of the Quebec shooter(s). :rubchin:

That chap Trudeau makes me want to puke. He was quick with the "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada" tweet on the weekend, i presume without the small print "as long as you're not a single male"

Sir C
01-30-2017, 10:02 AM
That chap Trudeau makes me want to puke. He was quick with the "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada" tweet on the weekend, i presume without the small print "as long as you're not a single male"

Yes, and Hungarian Roma need not apply, either.

Ash
01-30-2017, 10:05 AM
Suggestions from the administration that Saudi and Egypt may get added to the list. Now that I would applaud.

Odd that Saudi didn't even make a top seven tbh. What with it being the epicentre of Wahabbism. :sherlock:

Burney
01-30-2017, 10:05 AM

Justin, y'see? Wànker's name.

World's End Stella
01-30-2017, 10:09 AM

Given that someone left a pig's head outside that mosque not so long ago, I'm betting it is a Quebecois nutjob.

They're quite good at producing nutjobs, the Quebecois. Been a few years since they lined the streets throwing bricks at native Indians, mind.

Burney
01-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Odd that Saudi didn't even make a top seven tbh. What with it being the epicentre of Wahabbism. :sherlock:

Odd in one sense, but profoundly unsurprising in another.

I would dearly love him to add them, though, just to see his opponents try and spin it. :hehe:

Mind you, they're already siding with Iran today. Yes, that's right, the same Iran that executes gay men.

Burney
01-30-2017, 10:13 AM
Given that someone left a pig's head outside that mosque not so long ago, I'm betting it is a Quebecois nutjob.

They're quite good at producing nutjobs, the Quebecois. Been a few years since they lined the streets throwing bricks at native Indians, mind.

I liked that Canadian PM who, when that arse de Gaulle came over and stirred up shît with his 'Vive Le Quebec Libre!' nonsense, pointed out that Quebec already was 'Libre' and that, indeed, many thousands of young Canadian men had died to help ensure that France was, too, so perhaps the big-nosed cünt ought to fück off and keep his gob shut. :hehe:

World's End Stella
01-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Lester Pearson - the Quebecois booed GSTQ that trip as well, the cretins.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2017, 11:26 AM

But not Chrétiens clearly

Burney
01-30-2017, 11:28 AM

Well it's your own fault. They should never have been indulged the way they have been. All aspects of French culture ought to have been outlawed and brutally erased. Give a frog an inch and he'll take a mile. :shrug:

Ash
01-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Give a frog an inch and he'll take a mile. :shrug:

Or at least another 3 year contract.

redgunamo
01-30-2017, 11:42 AM

Or Cretans even.

redgunamo
01-30-2017, 11:43 AM
or at least another 3 year contract.

boum!! :-)

World's End Stella
01-30-2017, 11:44 AM

Jean Chretien - only democratically elected leader in the history of the world who couldn't speak out of the front of his mouth FACT

World's End Stella
01-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Well it's your own fault. They should never have been indulged the way they have been. All aspects of French culture ought to have been outlawed and brutally erased. Give a frog an inch and he'll take a mile. :shrug:

You can blame democracy and the latin temperament there, Burney. The Quebecois block vote cause that's what latins like to do, and they are about 25% of the country. So if you don't speak French you immediately lose 25% of the vote in Canada, hence the indulgence.

Burney
01-30-2017, 11:49 AM
You can blame democracy and the latin temperament there, Burney. The Quebecois block vote cause that's what latins like to do, and they are about 25% of the country. So if you don't speak French you immediately lose 25% of the vote in Canada, hence the indulgence.

Oh, I know. But it should have been done back in the 18th/19th century. A bit of brutal persecution would have settled their hash. Instead we were all nice to them and now look where we are.

World's End Stella
01-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Oh, I know. But it should have been done back in the 18th/19th century. A bit of brutal persecution would have settled their hash. Instead we were all nice to them and now look where we are.

Thing was, the English/Canadians were nice to them AFTER we won the f*cking war! :yikes:

Madness, utter madness.

redgunamo
01-30-2017, 12:20 PM

Yes, nobody would be able to guess at that, imo :rubchin:

Sir C
01-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Yes, nobody would be able to guess at that, imo :rubchin:

My sauce (the internet) tells me that the two arrested suspects are Syrian refugees.

He could be lying, of course.

Burney
01-30-2017, 12:43 PM
My sauce (the internet) tells me that the two arrested suspects are Syrian refugees.

He could be lying, of course.

Yes. Since absolutely everyone on twitter has a vested interest in them being either a/ non-muslims or b/ muslims, I'm going to ignore every source except a government or mainstream media one on that.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Yes. Since absolutely everyone on twitter has a vested interest in them being either a/ non-muslims or b/ non-muslims, I'm going to ignore every source except a government or mainstream media one on that.

Absolutely right

redgunamo
01-30-2017, 12:46 PM
Yes. Since absolutely everyone on twitter has a vested interest in them being either a/ non-muslims or b/ non-muslims, I'm going to ignore every source except a government or mainstream media one on that.

Something called CBC News quoting anonymous police sources apparently.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2017, 12:49 PM

I mean look at this lovely clear bit of reporting

"One of the suspects was carrying an AK-47 assault rifle and one was aged 27, Le Soleil reported."

Burney
01-30-2017, 12:54 PM
Something called CBC News quoting anonymous police sources apparently.

Anonymous sources aren't really worth shît at the end of the day, though, r.

redgunamo
01-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Anonymous sources aren't really worth shît at the end of the day, though, r.

They are if they're right, imo. Sometimes it's all you get.

World's End Stella
01-30-2017, 01:02 PM
From the CBC:

A witness who asked to remain anonymous told Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.

"It seemed to me that they had a Québécois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot, they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head.

"There were even kids. There was even a three-year-old who was with his father," the witness said.

This is going to get rather interesting, I think.

Yesterday Once More
01-30-2017, 01:45 PM
What gets me is that so many of the lefty liberals in this country who are up in arms about Trump doing what he said he would do in his campaign are the same lot who are calling out the Leave campaign about the fact that 350 million a week won't be spent on the NHS when we leave the EU.

Of course the key difference is that Trump is in a position to do what he said he would do using executive power, and the Leave Campaign were only able to say what could be done better with the money we spunked on the EU. But don't let facts get in the way of the liberal lefties right to be outraged when it suits them.

redgunamo
01-30-2017, 05:09 PM

Take him seriously but not literally, and not the other way about as his critics continue to do.

Chief Arrowhead
01-30-2017, 06:51 PM
I mean look at this lovely clear bit of reporting

"One of the suspects was carrying an AK-47 assault rifle and one was aged 27, Le Soleil reported."

Does it matter? Whoever they are Trump is to blame, imo.