PDA

View Full Version : WFH today, just sank the third pint of real ale at my local

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Along with a bacon and avocado sandwich and chips.

The odds that Friday afternoon doesn't involve a visit to the couch? Precisely f*cking zero.

Afternoon naps on the couch post pub lunch :cloud9:

Sir C
01-27-2017, 02:02 PM

The odds that Friday afternoon doesn't involve a visit to the couch? Precisely f*cking zero.

Bacon and avocado? What sort of boozer is this?

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Avocado? Bender!

Monty92
01-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Been self-employed for the past couple of months. Went to the cinema yesterday at 10am and had the whole place to myself :cloud9:

Not been to the pub yet. That seems rather indulgent.

Pokster
01-27-2017, 02:04 PM

If I remember correctly his local village boozer does serve very nice grub... it was about 15 yrs ago since i went there though (it's in Surrey so not a "proper" boozer)

Monty92
01-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Avocado? Bender!

:nod: Possibly the only food gayer than courgette and kiwi fruit.

Monty92
01-27-2017, 02:05 PM

How was your chinky?

Jamavar in Mayfair for me tonight.

Sir C
01-27-2017, 02:09 PM
How was your chinky?

Jamavar in Mayfair for me tonight.

Bit meh, tbh.

Owned by the Leela Palace group, I see. I've stayed in a few in India. Quite tremendously vulgar. You might be in for gilding and flock wallpaper.

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Been self-employed for the past couple of months. Went to the cinema yesterday at 10am and had the whole place to myself :cloud9:

Not been to the pub yet. That seems rather indulgent.

Going to the cinema alone makes you a pervert, I'm afraid. I don't make the rules. :shrug:

A couple of pints one one's own while doing the crossword, however, is exactly what a proper chap ought to be doing of a lunchtime.

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:14 PM
:nod: Possibly the only food gayer than courgette and kiwi fruit.

Only acceptable in guacamole form, I'm afraid.

Monty92
01-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Bit meh, tbh.

Owned by the Leela Palace group, I see. I've stayed in a few in India. Quite tremendously vulgar. You might be in for gilding and flock wallpaper.

Yes, I'm expecting vulgarity, but it's a special occasion as the missus has finished her maternity leave so a dash of kitsch is called for.

I have flowers and chocolates waiting for her at home too.

I reckon I've raised my chances of getting laid this weekend by at least 5%.

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Avocado? Bender!

It's 2017, Burney, time to move on. My local is positively old skool compared to most pubs nowadays, not a veloute, purée or foam anywhere in sight.

The lad had gammon on white bread with lashings of Coleman's mustard, if that helps. Proof below:

http://www.redlionshamleygreen.com

Sir C
01-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Going to the cinema alone makes you a pervert, I'm afraid. I don't make the rules. :shrug:

A couple of pints one one's own while doing the crossword, however, is exactly what a proper chap ought to be doing of a lunchtime.

:nod: Like Morse.

Hold on: a bit crotchety, real ale enthusiast, a tendency to didacticism? That's why you don't like Morse, man! The pair of you were separated at birth for fúcks sake!

Sir C
01-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Yes, I'm expecting vulgarity, but it's a special occasion as the missus has finished her maternity leave so a dash of kitsch is called for.

I have flowers and chocolates waiting for her at home too.

I reckon I've raised my chances of getting laid this weekend by at least 5%.

Please accept my best wishes for you both in this endeavour.

Make sure you don't make another baby happen though.

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:22 PM
It's 2017, Burney, time to move on. My local is positively old skool compared to most pubs nowadays, not a veloute, purée or foam anywhere in sight.

The lad had gammon on white bread with lashings of Coleman's mustard, if that helps. Proof below:

Oh, I know the place. But avocado is unacceptable, I'm afraid. It's a foodstuff that ought only to be consumed by middle-class women, bufties and Mexicans. It certainly has no place alongside God's honest bacon.

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Please accept my best wishes for you both in this endeavour.

Make sure you don't make another baby happen though.

Good luck, m. You're probably a bit rusty, I imagine. Can you remember how it all works? Do you want us to talk you through things?

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:25 PM
:nod: Like Morse.

Hold on: a bit crotchety, real ale enthusiast, a tendency to didacticism? That's why you don't like Morse, man! The pair of you were separated at birth for fúcks sake!

I don't have a limp. :-(

Monty92
01-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Good luck, m. You're probably a bit rusty, I imagine. Can you remember how it all works? Do you want us to talk you through things?

:-( I'm hoping muscle memory will kick in.

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:29 PM
:-( I'm hoping muscle memory will kick in.

Well try not to blow your load too soon. :-( At least try make sure you actually get it into her, first.

Pokster
01-27-2017, 02:30 PM

That's the one... been there a couiple of times with some of my ex's friends.... bought a place in your village after appearing on Location, location,location

Monty92
01-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Well try not to blow your load too soon. :-( At least try make sure you actually get it into her, first.

I've been reliably informed that stamina is the last thing a permanently knackered new mum wants from her sexual partner :-\

Burney
01-27-2017, 02:35 PM
I've been reliably informed that stamina is the last thing a permanently knackered new mum wants from her sexual partner :-\

Oh. Oh, dear. I can only too easily imagine the circumstances in which she told you that. :-(

Pokster
01-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Oh. Oh, dear. I can only too easily imagine the circumstances in which she told you that. :-(

Just after she came home after being shagged by her new bloke imo

Sir C
01-27-2017, 02:51 PM

Has her, you know, thingy recovered from the trauma of exuding a fully formed human being? :-(

Ash
01-27-2017, 02:52 PM
just sank the third pint of real ale at my local

How does anyone manage to do any work after three pints at lunchtime?

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Oh, I know the place. But avocado is unacceptable, I'm afraid. It's a foodstuff that ought only to be consumed by middle-class women, bufties and Mexicans. It certainly has no place alongside God's honest bacon.

Regardless of all that dogmatic nonsense, bacon and avocado tastes really good, Burney. And even with avocado on the menu my local is still a proper boozer.

The couch awaits.

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 02:54 PM

I don't :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
01-27-2017, 02:55 PM

WHY DOES THE BAD MAN SAY SUCH THINGS, SIR C?

I might have to start drinking now

Luis Anaconda
01-27-2017, 02:56 PM

How does anyone get anything done with three pints at lunchtime?

World's End Stella
Has her, you know, thingy recovered from the trauma of exuding a fully formed human being? :-(

On this topic, Mrs WES has delivered two of said things and I can assure you, Charles, that her front bottom is fully up to scratch.

Evolution has made them quite recoverable in that regard.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
Probably Spitfire or other weak shít.

Pat Vegas
01-27-2017, 02:57 PM

The leafs might make the playoffs :cloud9:

Though I can't help but feel they are a bit like the Tottenham Hotspur of the NHL.

Pat Vegas
01-27-2017, 02:59 PM

I think it's far more enjoyable on your own.
For starters i don't have to keep telling my wife to be quiet.

Sir C
01-27-2017, 03:03 PM
On this topic, Mrs WES has delivered two of said things and I can assure you, Charles, that her front bottom is fully up to scratch.

Evolution has made them quite recoverable in that regard.

Yes, but remember, he's only got a teeny weeny winkie.

It'll be a miracle if he touches the sides.

Sir C
01-27-2017, 03:03 PM
WHY DOES THE BAD MAN SAY SUCH THINGS, SIR C?

I might have to start drinking now

Have some more livercheese. That's what you need.

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 03:05 PM

Atlantic - from some brewery in some ****hole called Cornwall :-)

Burney
01-27-2017, 03:11 PM
I think it's far more enjoyable on your own.
For starters i don't have to keep telling my wife to be quiet.

I feel much the same about sex these days, to be honest.

Burney
01-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Have some more livercheese. That's what you need.

They really do have zero aesthetic sensibility when it comes to language, your krauts, don't they? Livercheese, ffs!

01-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Atlantic - from some brewery in some ****hole called Cornwall :-)

Oh I say. What a very good choice sirrah. Lovely stuff. Bastárd. :D

Luis Anaconda
01-27-2017, 03:18 PM
They really do have zero aesthetic sensibility when it comes to language, your krauts, don't they? Livercheese, ffs!

Oh god yes - ridicules language, b. I was being taught Bavarian last night -jesus wept

Sir C
01-27-2017, 03:23 PM

And consider how simple it would be to mispronounce it Lieberkáse :-(

I don't want to think about eating lovecheese.

Ash
01-27-2017, 03:29 PM

Oi! I like Spitfire. :fight:

Partly because it's the cheapest bottled ale I can get in my local shops, tbf, but it's still a tasty treat compared to the canned lager I usually neck of an evening.

Anyway, it's 4.5% compared to 4.3% for yer Doom Bar there by the bottle, so not especially weak. :vsign:

I had to type my date of birth into TWO beer-producer websites to check that info. There's absolutely no way a minor would be able to get round that is there. No sirree bob. It's the nanny state gone mad, I tell thee.

Burney
01-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Oh I say. What a very good choice sirrah. Lovely stuff. Bastárd. :D

Sharps isn't it? From the Rock brewery? I think I prefer it to Doom Bar, which is quite a compliment.

Burney
01-27-2017, 03:31 PM
And consider how simple it would be to mispronounce it Lieberkáse :-(

I don't want to think about eating lovecheese.

Not again, anyway.

Burney
01-27-2017, 03:33 PM

Partly because it's the cheapest bottled ale I can get in my local shops, tbf, but it's still a tasty treat compared to the canned lager I usually neck of an evening.

Anyway, it's 4.5% compared to 4.3% for yer Doom Bar there by the bottle, so not especially weak. :vsign:

I had to type my date of birth into TWO beer-producer websites to check that info. There's absolutely no way a minor would be able to get round that is there. No sirree bob. It's the nanny state gone mad, I tell thee.

I buy that Banks' Bitter they sell in Tesco for 89p per bottle. It's perfectly drinkable and half the price of all the other beers for reasons I can't really explain. They try to put you off it by putting 'Great with Fish' bizarrely on the shelf underneath it, but pay not attention to that.

Ash
01-27-2017, 03:35 PM
Sharps isn't it? From the Rock brewery? I think I prefer it to Doom Bar, which is quite a compliment.

Pale Ale :-(

Now I like grapefruit, but I don't want my beer to taste of it, if your don't mind. There's a reason why loads of hop preservatives were put into beer en-route to India, and it wasn't for the flavour AIUI.

Ash
01-27-2017, 03:37 PM
I buy that Banks' Bitter they sell in Tesco for 89p per bottle. It's perfectly drinkable and half the price of all the other beers for reasons I can't really explain. They try to put you off it by putting 'Great with Fish' bizarrely on the shelf underneath it, but pay not attention to that.

A Midland beer :cloud9: I shall look out for that. I'm not sure any beer is good with fish, is it? Except maybe fish & chips.

01-27-2017, 03:46 PM
:nod: It's one of my current favourites. Slightly better on draft but bottles will suffice.

01-27-2017, 03:47 PM

So do I really but it can be a bit bland :shrug: although when it's on offer for £1 a bottle I'll happily buy 12.

Ash
01-27-2017, 04:25 PM
So do I really but it can be a bit bland :shrug: although when it's on offer for £1 a bottle I'll happily buy 12.

Who does that offer?

Luis Anaconda
01-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Who does that offer?

How can a beer for one pound constitute being on offer ffs

89 cents is the most I would pay and that's for the good stuff

Ash
01-27-2017, 05:01 PM
How can a beer for one pound constitute being on offer ffs

89 cents is the most I would pay and that's for the good stuff

Good Lord. Is it subsidised over there or something? Or just not taxed to the eyeballs?

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 05:03 PM

Spitfire is a bit meh. It tastes a bit like Doombar, sadly, and as we all know, Doombar is vile.

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 05:05 PM

:nod: A truly exceptional pint, very hoppy, nothing like Doombar funnily enough.

01-27-2017, 05:26 PM
Who does that offer?
Morrison's. On a regular basis. Do you have them in London village?

Ash
01-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Morrison's. On a regular basis. Do you have them in London village?

Why, yes! My nearest is just yards from Ashburton Grove itself. I shall investigate, and thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Ash
01-27-2017, 05:38 PM
:nod: A truly exceptional pint, very hoppy, nothing like Doombar funnily enough.

Tastes of grapefruit then.

World's End Stella
01-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Tastes of grapefruit then.

Your grapefruit tastes very different from mine, Ash.