PDA

View Full Version : President Trump Executive Order Declaring Muslim Brotherhood a Terrorist Organisation

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 03:00 PM
What, pray, is the Muslim Brotherhood when it's at home? Tim Westwood?

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:02 PM

I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet that a bunch of people are about to wet their knickers on twitter starting... now.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:03 PM
There is a brown man with a beard on Arsenal Fan TV who says the word Fam in every sentence
He might be in the Muslim brotherhood

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:11 PM

It's the people who took over Egypt after Mubarak, isn't it? Until they turned out to be a bit too muslimey and the army came and kicked them out.

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 03:15 PM
I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet that a bunch of people are about to wet their knickers on twitter starting... now.

Yes, it seems to me that that is essentially what Twitter is *for*. My son tried to get me into it but, no. Not for me, Clive.

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 03:27 PM
It's the people who took over Egypt after Mubarak, isn't it? Until they turned out to be a bit too muslimey and the army came and kicked them out.

Obama's chums? My word :-|

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Yes, it seems to me that that is essentially what Twitter is *for*. My son tried to get me into it but, no. Not for me, Clive.

I think you'd enjoy it.

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Obama's chums? My word :-|

Yes. The Donald really is quite the lad, isn't he? :hehe:

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 03:35 PM
I think you'd enjoy it.

I just looked and the latest Arsenal story is the Ox performing in some sort of cooking challenge :-\

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Yes. The Donald really is quite the lad, isn't he? :hehe:

:hehe: He's certainly trolling good and hard.

It's still all about the economy though; fail to make an impact there and it will be a long four years for him, I feel.

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:43 PM
:hehe: He's certainly trolling good and hard.

It's still all about the economy though; fail to make an impact there and it will be a long four years for him, I feel.

Oh, of course. But he's going to keep the honeymoon going as long as possible by pulling off crowd-pleasers like this.

I reckon he'll declare Hawaii no longer to be US territory next, just to prove himself right about Obama. :hehe:

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Oh, of course. But he's going to keep the honeymoon going as long as possible by pulling off crowd-pleasers like this.

I reckon he'll declare Hawaii no longer to be US territory next, just to prove himself right about Obama. :hehe:

People I know and respect believe all that. I mean, *really* believe it :-\

It's all a bit too much The Long Goodbye, for me.

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:54 PM
People I know and respect believe all that. I mean, *really* believe it :-\

It's all a bit too much The Long Goodbye, for me.

Well I think we've established that they're an odd lot, our yanqui chums. Decent enough, but some damn funny ideas about some things.

Ash
01-26-2017, 03:55 PM

Not sure how easy it will be for him to create manufacturing jobs *and* keep Walmart full of cheap Chinese products.

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Not sure how easy it will be for him to create manufacturing jobs *and* keep Walmart full of cheap Chinese products.

Oh, I don't think anyone's expecting logical consistency, are they?

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 04:07 PM

Not easy at all, I'd say. Practically impossible even. The important thing seems to be that he *means* well and only upsets just the right sort.

After all, countless "better", more suitable leaders have failed to live up to their hype. Frankly, it's unfair to only call the Donald out on this, as though no-one in politics has ever told extravagant porkies before.

Burney
01-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Not easy at all, I'd say. Practically impossible even. The important thing seems to be that he *means* well and only upsets just the right sort.

After all, countless "better", more suitable leaders have failed to live up to their hype. Frankly, it's unfair to only call the Donald out on this, as though no-one in politics has ever told extravagant porkies before.

Yes, this is what makes me laugh about the 'fake news' panic. You'd think politics and journalism had been bastions of truth and decency before now, to hear some people talk.

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Yes, this is what makes me laugh about the 'fake news' panic. You'd think politics and journalism had been bastions of truth and decency before now, to hear some people talk.

Exactly. Basically a bunch of dirty drunks and gamblers.

As the man obviously wanted to say ..

Monty92
01-26-2017, 04:40 PM

This may be a crowd-pleaser, but it also happens to absolutely be the right decision.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Exactly. Basically a bunch of dirty drunks and gamblers.

As the man obviously wanted to say ..

How dare you. I never gamble

Burney
01-26-2017, 04:47 PM
This may be a crowd-pleaser, but it also happens to absolutely be the right decision.

Didn't have you down as a birther, m...oh, I see what you mean.

Well, yes. Any organisation that begins with the word 'muslim' is unlikely to be a good thing, is it? And these are hardcore Islamists - albeit in democratic guise.