PDA

View Full Version : I'm going for a posh(ish) chinese tonight.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 02:57 PM
They're not going to have balls in gloop, are they? :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:05 PM
The pink gloop will be served in a silver jug instead of a polystyrene cup

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:06 PM
The pink gloop will be served in a silver jug instead of a polystyrene cup

I don't mind that, as long as there's gloop. Also ribs.

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:09 PM

Oooh, actually, now I want to order a chinky. Good shout.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:10 PM
I don't mind that, as long as there's gloop. Also ribs.

You have now made me hungry for ribs and rice :eat:

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Oooh, actually, now I want to order a chinky. Good shout.

:nod: I'm going to Xian. That fat poove's issues with the constabulary have made me nervous. I might get the uncle Gus! The 51 should do it, I understand.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:11 PM
You have now made me hungry for ribs and rice :knife&forksmiley:

Egg fried? Perhaps sir would prefer a chow mein?

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Egg fried? Perhaps sir would prefer a chow mein?

Ducking orange and a Tiger beer please
Thank you Mr Wu

Burney
01-26-2017, 03:13 PM
:nod: I'm going to Xian. That fat poove's issues with the constabulary have made me nervous. I might get the uncle Gus! The 51 should do it, I understand.

As I recall, the 51 is the very chap. Xian is posh-ish, but I think it still retains enough aspects of the takeaway that you can still get gloop.

The Mongolian crisp lamb in lettuce leaves is very good if I remember correctly.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:16 PM
As I recall, the 51 is the very chap. Xian is posh-ish, but I think it still retains enough aspects of the takeaway that you can still get gloop.

The Mongolian crisp lamb in lettuce leaves is very good if I remember correctly.

I shall be ordering the ribs and the balls in gloop. I shall leave it to others to deal with further details.

I've downloaded an app which tells me when the bus is coming. By God this is exciting! I've no idea how much I'll have to pay though.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:18 PM
I shall be ordering the ribs and the balls in gloop. I shall leave it to others to deal with further details.

I've downloaded an app which tells me when the bus is coming. By God this is exciting! I've no idea how much I'll have to pay though.

Bus ?
Ask the conductor to roll you out a single bus ticket from his machine

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:18 PM

Maybe they will go authentic Chinese.

Scorpion on a stick and a toad in a bucket.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Maybe they will go authentic Chinese.

Scorpion on a stick and a toad in a bucket.

Honey glazed poodle on a lead is popular

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:21 PM
Bus ?
Ask the conductor to roll you out a single bus ticket from his machine

Ah yes, will she be a cheeky young clippy in a navy blue uniform swinging from the hanging straps whilst cheerily demanding, 'Any more fares please?' through the fug of cigarette smoke and steam from wet coats? #1940again

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Ah yes, will she be a cheeky young clippy in a navy blue uniform swinging from the hanging straps whilst cheerily demanding, 'Any more fares please?' through the fug of cigarette smoke and steam from wet coats? #1940again

Yes
It will be Liz Fraser telling you to "Hold very tight please" before giving two tugs of the bell wire to signal it is safe for the driver to continue driving the routemaster through the peasouper towards Piccadilly Circus

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Yes
It will be Liz Fraser telling you to "Hold very tight please" before giving two tugs of the bell wire to signal it is safe for the driver to continue driving the routemaster through the peasouper towards Piccadilly Circus

I'll be jumping off here, just by the Criterion, there's a dinner-dance tonight and I've got 16 hours of my 48 left and I don't intend to waste a moment.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 03:42 PM
I'll be jumping off here, just by the Criterion, there's a dinner-dance tonight and I've got 16 hours of my 48 left and I don't intend to waste a moment.

Very little time for a Curzon excursion to be entertained by a jolly George Formby flick or The Arsenal Stadium Mystery at the Odeon

Alternatively you could go and get hammered at the Windmill in the company of the Tiller girls but you might be late back into Barracks

Sir C
01-26-2017, 03:45 PM
Very little time for a Curzon excursion to be entertained by a jolly George Formby flick or The Arsenal Stadium Mystery at the Odeon

Alternatively you could go and get hammered at the Windmill in the company of the Tiller girls but you might be late back into Barracks

Barracks? These rings on my sleeve aren't there for decorative purposes, old chap.

Monty92
01-26-2017, 04:36 PM

Where?

A guess: Park Chinois?

Sir C
01-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Where?

A guess: Park Chinois?

Local. Surprising quality for a 20 year old suburban place, really. Gary Rhodes is a regular and often talks it up.

I'm only there for the gloop.

World's End Stella
01-26-2017, 04:59 PM
I used to be a 1/4 crispy duck, fried shredded beef and Singapore noodles man. Gloop with the duck, gloop on the beef and smother the noodles in soya sauce.

Lord but did it make my mouth dry and my heart beat faster.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 05:00 PM
I used to be a 1/4 crispy duck, fried shredded beef and Singapore noodles man. Gloop with the duck, gloop on the beef and smother the noodles in soya sauce.

Lord but did it make my mouth dry and my heart beat faster.

Can't handle a touch of MSG?

Poof.

Burney
01-26-2017, 05:02 PM

Poof.

That reminds me, I must get another bag of it from the chinky supermarket.

World's End Stella
01-26-2017, 05:03 PM

Poof.

:nod:

I could literally feel my arteries hardening, Charles. :-(

I think I just did it to death and Chinese food does get tired awfully quickly, doesn't it? Last time I was in HK they took me to City Hall for 'proper' dim sum. Trolly after trolly after trolly laden with some form of dumpling. If I ever see another Chinese dumpling again I'll probably chuck.

World's End Stella
01-26-2017, 05:04 PM
That reminds me, I must get another bag of it from the chinky supermarket.

I've never cooked with it, do you put it on pre, during or post cooking?

Or all three? :-(

Burney
01-26-2017, 05:08 PM
I've never cooked with it, do you put it on pre, during or post cooking?

Or all three? :-(

Towards the end when you don't want to add any more salt, but feel it still needs a little something.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Towards the end when you don't want to add any more salt, but feel it still needs a little something.

We should have tipped some in the pho. Maybe we did. We chucked everything else in.

Burney
01-26-2017, 05:09 PM
:nod:

I could literally feel my arteries hardening, Charles. :-(

I think I just did it to death and Chinese food does get tired awfully quickly, doesn't it? Last time I was in HK they took me to City Hall for 'proper' dim sum. Trolly after trolly after trolly laden with some form of dumpling. If I ever see another Chinese dumpling again I'll probably chuck.

Dim sum - among the most overrated foods on earth. True story.

Essentially minced **** in soggy pastry.

World's End Stella
01-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Dim sum - among the most overrated foods on earth. True story.

Essentially minced **** in soggy pastry.

Oh yes :nod:

I always assumed that it was really good and that I had only ever eaten a pale, western imitation of what was really good.

But City Hall is the most traditional place in HK to eat it and it was sh1t there as well. Chicken wings with soggy skin, can you imagine?

Sir C
01-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Oh yes :nod:

I always assumed that it was really good and that I had only ever eaten a pale, western imitation of what was really good.

But City Hall is the most traditional place in HK to eat it and it was sh1t there as well. Chicken wings with soggy skin, can you imagine?

I once had to eat a load of chicken feet in such a place. There is literally nothing to eat on a chicken foot, you're just gnawing at a claw :-(

World's End Stella
01-26-2017, 05:16 PM
I once had to eat a load of chicken feet in such a place. There is literally nothing to eat on a chicken foot, you're just gnawing at a claw :-(

I'm led to believe they are meant to crisp up with little globlets of fat and have loads of salt/msg added. So basically you're sucking chicken fat and salt off a chickens claw.

:puke:

Burney
01-26-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm led to believe they are meant to crisp up with little globlets of fat and have loads of salt/msg added. So basically you're sucking chicken fat and salt off a chickens claw.

:puke:

Sometimes I think we'd do better to tell these people to fück off and bring us some proper food. We indulge them too much.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Sometimes I think we'd do better to tell these people to fück off and bring us some proper food. We indulge them too much.

Tell a Chinese waiter in Hong Kong to **** off and bring you some decent food.

You really, really haven't thought this through. If you're lucky you'll end up eating a dish covered in saliva and semen. If less lucky, it'll be your own liver.

Sir C
01-27-2017, 09:54 AM

Well it ended up being slightly underwhelming. I didn't get gloopy balls but I did manage to drink myself into a quite appalling condition.

I wish I hadn't fúcking bothered, to be honest.

Burney
01-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Well it ended up being slightly underwhelming. I didn't get gloopy balls but I did manage to drink myself into a quite appalling condition.

I wish I hadn't fúcking bothered, to be honest.

Oh, dear. I don't think I've ever got drunk in a Chinese restaurant. Somehow I don't think of them as places to get pissed. What were you drinking?

Sir C
01-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Oh, dear. I don't think I've ever got drunk in a Chinese restaurant. Somehow I don't think of them as places to get pissed. What were you drinking?

When one eats with thon fat poove one finds oneself drinking. He's like a force of nature. Several beers, a bottle of wine each, then back home for further bottles of wine :-(

Burney
01-27-2017, 10:03 AM
When one eats with thon fat poove one finds oneself drinking. He's like a force of nature. Several beers, a bottle of wine each, then back home for further bottles of wine :-(

Ah. How is the dear chap, anyway? Did you get the bus in the end?

Sir C
01-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Ah. How is the dear chap, anyway? Did you get the bus in the end?

He's in fine form. Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel in August but coping well with public transport, apparently. He's now given up on sex, given up on drugs and resigned himself to going on holiday with his mum. So that's nice.

v chose not to drink and drove, which was awfully handy.

I feel rank now.

Luis Anaconda
01-27-2017, 10:18 AM
He's in fine form. Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel in August but coping well with public transport, apparently. He's now given up on sex, given up on drugs and resigned himself to going on holiday with his mum. So that's nice.

I feel rank now.

Me too

I had the biggest slice of leberkäse known to man, several bottles of beer and rather a lot of some very nice brandy

Burney
01-27-2017, 10:20 AM

I feel rank now.

Wintering with his mother in Eastbourne? Vim under the sink and both bars on? :-(

How are the mighty fallen.

PSRB
01-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Me too

I had the biggest slice of leberkäse known to man, several bottles of beer and rather a lot of some very nice brandy

Can't say I'm feeling altogether wonderful today either. At least it's Friday

Ash
01-27-2017, 10:55 AM

I didn't have a huge number of beers but I had nothing to eat except a few crisps and peanuts. And have still otherwise not eaten since about 2pm yeterday.

I must aso apologise to my womens'-rugby-playing friend, who (possibly since retiring) is looking much nicer than I recall after I suggested otherwise yesterday.

Burney
01-27-2017, 11:02 AM

This thing of treating a Thursday night as though it were a Friday night is increasingly common imo.

PSRB
01-27-2017, 11:05 AM
This thing of treating a Thursday night as though it were a Friday night is increasingly common imo.

It's been a media thing for as long as I've been in the industry. Productivity has never been my forte but this is particularly true on any Friday

redgunamo
01-27-2017, 11:28 AM

Thursday night was always "Ladies Night" at the disco when I was going around. Almost better than Friday, imo.

Cheaper anyway.