PDA

View Full Version : Poor old Kloppy. Honeymoon over?

Mo Britain less Europe
01-26-2017, 12:28 PM
Now reduced to complaining about handballs and "lucky" saves.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 12:36 PM
:shrug: Having a bad run and all managers have a go at refs. I've seen people say he's had his day and should be sacked - not many mind. I'd hate to think you would succumb to such ridiculous knee-jerk reactions. He has created an exciting side there - needs to get the defence sorted but that is an accusation that can be laid at a lot of managers. I suspect in the long run the loss in the Mickey Mouse cup will prove less decisive for his future than the other news yesterday that Coutinho has signed a long-term deal*. You could build a very decent team round that lad

* off to Barca in the summer

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 12:37 PM

I think complaining about handballs is a liverpool thing.
If you stay there long enough you will scream handball at any occasion there is a header or a player touches it with his chest.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 12:41 PM
I think complaining about handballs is a liverpool thing.
If you stay there long enough you will scream handball at any occasion there is a header or a player touches it with his chest.

Though funnily enough the second worserest in those stakes are the Southampton fans- ****s to a man

Mo Britain less Europe
01-26-2017, 12:43 PM
:shrug: Having a bad run and all managers have a go at refs. I've seen people say he's had his day and should be sacked - not many mind. I'd hate to think you would succumb to such ridiculous knee-jerk reactions. He has created an exciting side there - needs to get the defence sorted but that is an accusation that can be laid at a lot of managers. I suspect in the long run the loss in the Mickey Mouse cup will prove less decisive for his future than the other news yesterday that Coutinho has signed a long-term deal*. You could build a very decent team round that lad

* off to Barca in the summer

Look I am not knee-jerking but just putting a bit of perspective for the benefit of those who think Klopp, or any other manager for that matter, walk on water and can get trophies simply through force of will. You either have the money and the players or you don't and beyond that the influence a manager can have is marginal.

Being a fun-looking guy and saying the right thing and joking is fantastic when you're winning but a couple of losses and suddenly you become curmudgeonly and not so nice.

Norn Iron
01-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Mourinho's been complaining about luck going against him all season. Even Fergie backed him up on it this week saying he had been unlucky.

Luck has a certain part to play but when you score 4 or 5 offside goals & your centre back doesn't get sent off for 2 certain red card tackles, I don't think you can complain. It's not like they spent £150m in the summer either.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 12:49 PM
Look I am not knee-jerking but just putting a bit of perspective for the benefit of those who think Klopp, or any other manager for that matter, walk on water and can get trophies simply through force of will. You either have the money and the players or you don't and beyond that the influence a manager can have is marginal.

Being a fun-looking guy and saying the right thing and joking is fantastic when you're winning but a couple of losses and suddenly you become curmudgeonly and not so nice.
Fair points M

Ash
01-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Though funnily enough the second worserest in those stakes are the Southampton fans- ****s to a man

They've long been some of the keenest to sing "Same old Arsenal..." too. Any time a man goes down. From either side. For whatever reason.

Still, I hope their team beats Man Utd in the final. And I hope they're tired on Saturday.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 02:03 PM
They've long been some of the keenest to sing "Same old Arsenal..." too. Any time a man goes down. From either side. For whatever reason.

Still, I hope their team beats Man Utd in the final. And I hope they're tired on Saturday.

Amen to both those

SWv2
01-26-2017, 02:21 PM

You told me Saturday was a formality because they would be tired. Exact quote that.

Ash
01-26-2017, 02:24 PM
You told me Saturday was a formality because they would be tired. Exact quote that.

You jest. I did mention how fatigue could be a factor but I don't think I'd ever use the word formality.

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 02:38 PM

Honeymoon extended indefinitely, I'd say. None of the top six or seven managers can really be blamed for not winning the title, or even qualifying for the Champions League. Not this season. And probably not even next.

Ash
01-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Honeymoon extended indefinitely, I'd say. None of the top six or seven managers can really be blamed for not winning the title, or even qualifying for the Champions League. Not this season. And probably not even next.

Conte has a higher bar of expectation than the others at this point. Would be quite the spillage to drop out the top four from this position, if not the top one.

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Conte has a higher bar of expectation than the others at this point. Would be quite the spillage to drop out the top four from this position, if not the top one.

Conte is a lot better than I thought he would be.

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 02:52 PM

True, but he must be safe for now regardless.

Anyway, as safe as any Chelsea manager can be.

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 02:54 PM
True, but he must be safe for now regardless.

Anyway, as safe as any Chelsea manager can be.

At least whatever happens you get a big payday.

redgunamo
01-26-2017, 02:55 PM
At least whatever happens you get a big payday.

Right. And there's no shame in it anyway; they go through so many managers.