PDA

View Full Version : Now if the £ could could just recover a bit........

PSRB
01-26-2017, 10:20 AM
http://news.sky.com/story/uk-ends-2016-with-better-than-expected-economic-growth-10743111

Not quite the gloom and doom we were told

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:22 AM
http://news.sky.com/story/uk-ends-2016-with-better-than-expected-economic-growth-10743111

:hehe: The likes of Lily Allen will be gutted. It's amazing that there are armies of leftists actively hoping that the economy goes down the toilet, irrespective of the effects of a financial slump on the poorest and neediest :shrug:

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:23 AM

Problem is that the pound is now where it ought to be rather than at the artificially inflated level it was at before.

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:26 AM
:hehe: The likes of Lily Allen will be gutted. It's amazing that there are armies of leftists actively hoping that the economy goes down the toilet, irrespective of the effects of a financial slump on the poorest and neediest :shrug:

I was looking at the Guardian opinion page today. They have 14 lead items of which half concern Trump, two or three are about Brexit and the rest are about identity politics. I thought that there, in a nutshell, you have the left's problem in the country.

Pokster
01-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Problem is that the pound is now where it ought to be rather than at the artificially inflated level it was at before. T

The problem is that the growth is caused by the consumer spending while pushing borrowing up to record levels... construction is not doing well and the risk is that rates go up and the consumer is left being unable to repay their debts...tricky times b

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:29 AM
The problem is that the growth is caused by the consumer spending while pushing borrowing up to record levels... construction is not doing well and the risk is that rates go up and the consumer is left being unable to repay their debts...tricky times b

Housing white paper due on Monday, p. Construction is going to boom, BOOM I tell you!

Pokster
01-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Housing white paper due on Monday, p. Construction is going to boom, BOOM I tell you!

I won't hold my breath

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 10:30 AM

Great more unaffordable housing :banghead:

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:31 AM
I won't hold my breath

:clap: Classic chip-pissing there, p. It's important never to allow a spark of optimism or happiness to go unstamped on.

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:31 AM

Oh, sure. People have forgotten quite how extraordinary it has been to be living through a period of near-zero interest rates. The shift back will need to be very gradual if we're not going to have chaos.

World's End Stella
01-26-2017, 10:32 AM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A weak pound means a happy WES, what with me having a USD pension and shares in this marvelous investment bank I work for.

And on a slightly less selfish basis, the economy seems to be liking a weak pound.

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 10:33 AM
:clap: Classic chip-pissing there, p. It's important never to allow a spark of optimism or happiness to go unstamped on.

Ah Sir C. Remember those new Gibson models we saw recently.

The one that looked ace is actually a weird amazon exclusive and cheap as chips. (for a gibson and not the same chips Pokster has pissed on) :shrug:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gibson-USA-2017-Melody-Maker/dp/B01LRWJQ3Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 10:34 AM

A weak pound means a happy WES, what with me having a USD pension and shares in this marvelous investment bank I work for.

And on a slightly less selfish basis, the economy seems to be liking a weak pound.

Yeah but it's **** if you pop back to Canada for a holiday. I used to love the double money. I came back with 2 suitcases of **** after my trip in 2011.

But actually it was a lot cheaper for my cousin to visit recently than in the past.

Pokster
01-26-2017, 10:37 AM

Not chip pissing, I was just passing on the facts about today's upbeat figures

Burney

Surely the world's construction efforts will be largely consumed by The Donald's 2,000 mile wall?

Have to say, he's a gibbering loon of his word. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
Not chip pissing, I was just passing on the facts about today's upbeat figures

Sounds like fake news

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Ah Sir C. Remember those new Gibson models we saw recently.

The one that looked ace is actually a weird amazon exclusive and cheap as chips. (for a gibson and not the same chips Pokster has pissed on) :shrug:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gibson-USA-2017-Melody-Maker/dp/B01LRWJQ3Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hmm, why so cheap I wonder?

I'm buying no more guitars though. No more.

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:39 AM

Do you ever actually play yours?

Pat Vegas
01-26-2017, 10:42 AM

I read it's a stripped down model. The tuners are no brand far east types.
pick ups although called 'Gibson Pro bucker' are the same as fender use on their cheap range and the pots are korean. Though it is still made in the USA.

But these are easily changed. Probably gibson making something affordable that's not epiphone to temp some of the several thousands buying fakes from china.

I won't buy one though I want a strat for my collection but in no rush to buy one. Though I really like the look of black model.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Surely the world's construction efforts will be largely consumed by The Donald's 2,000 mile wall?

Have to say, he's a gibbering loon of his word. :hehe:

The brass balls on the fellow. You have to sort of tip your hat at the level of self-confidence that gives not one single fúck what anyone says.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Do you ever actually play yours?

Very, very rarely, and very, very badly. Probably no more, actually.

Still, I like to have them to look at.

Pokster
01-26-2017, 10:44 AM

That is the problem, lower pound means higher inflation, higher inflation leaves less disposable income, less disposable income leads to lower consumer spending unless they borrow more..... The BOE would love to raise rates but I can't see how they can for the next 18 months as the consumer spending bubble will burst, and that is what is keeping the economy afloat

Burney
The brass balls on the fellow. You have to sort of tip your hat at the level of self-confidence that gives not one single fúck what anyone says.

I have to say I quite like it. I think politics needs this kind of shake-up now and again. I mean you wouldn't want this sort of thing going on permanently, but a few years of it could be quite edifying.

Pat Vegas
Very, very rarely, and very, very badly. Probably no more, actually.

Still, I like to have them to look at.

it seems extremely fashionable to have a guitar in the corner.

Every bloody advert on tv seems to have one when showing a home setting.

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:50 AM
it seems extremely fashionable to have a guitar in the corner.

Every bloody advert on tv seems to have one when showing a home setting.

Yes. Semiotically, it denotes that the person is talented, creative, artistic and hip, thus making them aspirational figures. It started in the 1990s, I think.