PDA

View Full Version : She's no moore

Pat Vegas
01-25-2017, 09:11 PM
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/arts/television/mary-tyler-moore-dead.html

eastgermanautos
01-26-2017, 04:35 AM
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/arts/television/mary-tyler-moore-dead.html

Don't be a mooreon.

Burney
01-26-2017, 09:25 AM

Now this is an odd one since I distinctly remember her dying before. I even seem to remember the obituaries.

A sort of Déjà mort, if you will.

PSRB
01-26-2017, 09:34 AM
Now this is an odd one since I distinctly remember her dying before. I even seem to remember the obituaries.

:nod: and quite some time ago

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 09:35 AM

A Quincy moment - I swear I read obituaries for Jack Klugman about five years before he died. And Ian Lavender who isn't even dead yet.

I just remember Lou Grant came from Mary-Tyler Moore's show. I liked Lou Grant - is he dead yet (Ed Asner has opposed to the character, of course)

Burney
01-26-2017, 09:39 AM
A Quincy moment - I swear I read obituaries for Jack Klugman about five years before he died. And Ian Lavender who isn't even dead yet.

I just remember Lou Grant came from Mary-Tyler Moore's show. I liked Lou Grant - is he dead yet (Ed Asner has opposed to the character, of course)

Apparently, he's not dead. I'm amazed, frankly. Here he is talking about liking spunk. :-\

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/01/25/ed-asner-mary-tyler-moore/97065260/

Burney
01-26-2017, 09:39 AM
:nod: and quite some time ago

I think we need to investigate this phenomenon of people dying twice, psrb. Are they just doing it for the publicity?

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 09:41 AM
I think we need to investigate this phenomenon of people dying twice, psrb. Are they just doing it for the publicity?
Good grief

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 09:54 AM

It's almost certainly a liberal, elite media conspiracy, b

Sir C
01-26-2017, 09:57 AM

He is a dirty Commie, la :-(

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 09:59 AM

Ian Lavender?

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:00 AM

Yup. And he loves spunk.

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Ian Lavender?

I heard something on Radio 4 yesterday while driving to the effect that Nigel Havers goes around banging on motorist's windows in South Ken telling them to turn off their engines when they're stationary in traffic to prevent pollution. Happily, Havers reported with great sadness in his voice that rather a lot of them tell him to fück off in no uncertain terms. :hehe:

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Ian Lavender?

He's dead, isn't he?

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Yup. And he loves spunk.

NTTAWWI. Loving spunk, I mean, not being a dirty commie.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2017, 10:09 AM
I heard something on Radio 4 yesterday while driving to the effect that Nigel Havers goes around banging on motorist's windows in South Ken telling them to turn off their engines when they're stationary in traffic to prevent pollution. Happily, Havers reported with great sadness in his voice that rather a lot of them tell him to fück off in no uncertain terms. :hehe:

Don't modern cars do that anyway

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:09 AM
He's dead, isn't he?

:nono: Lavender lives! Although on what is an interesting question, since he hasn't been in anything for decades as far as I know.

Presumably those Dad's Army royalty cheques must keep him in cat food.

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:10 AM
Don't modern cars do that anyway

They do if you remember to put them into neutral and take your feet off the pedals, yes. Must admit I find it quite hard to do that in mine.

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:13 AM
:nono: Lavender lives! Although on what is an interesting question, since he hasn't been in anything for decades as far as I know.

Yes, no sign of him since Porridge.

Wait, that was a different dead chap, wasn't it?

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:16 AM

Yes. That was Richard Beckinsale. He's been dead since 1979.

Do you think it's always been this hard to keep up with who's dead?

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:19 AM

Oh, apparently, Lavender was in Eastenders until 2005 playing a gay friend of Wendy Richard's character.

Blimey, but she was a boot-faced old bulldyke and no mistake. :-(

Pokster
01-26-2017, 10:22 AM

He was in Eastenders for a while

Sir C
01-26-2017, 10:24 AM
Yes. That was Richard Beckinsale. He's been dead since 1979.

Do you think it's always been this hard to keep up with who's dead?

I suppose 'celebrity culture' took off in the 70s, didn't it? So all those old gits will be dying now, that's why it's hard to keep track.

What do you think the odds are like for Geldof this year?

Burney
01-26-2017, 10:28 AM
I suppose 'celebrity culture' took off in the 70s, didn't it? So all those old gits will be dying now, that's why it's hard to keep track.

What do you think the odds are like for Geldof this year?

Too much to hope for. He's been a bit quiet, though, since he made such a cünt of himself on that boat, so that's good at least.

In fact, 2017 has been a bit slow for celeb deaths. Mary Tyler Moore doesn't really count.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 01:27 PM

Lavender still is in Eastenders playing a drip

Viva Prat Vegas
01-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Good grief

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

vg la

Ash
01-26-2017, 02:12 PM

I had thought he was dead too. Was suprised to see him playing an old general in the Dads Army fillum.