PDA

View Full Version : TPP Gone

Ash
01-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Killed by Trump. AWIMB's favourite commentator Owen Jones says Trump didn't kill it. Even though he did.

Hopefully TTIP is next to go.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-25-2017, 10:31 AM
Killed by Trump. AWIMB's favourite commentator Owen Jones says Trump didn't kill it. Even though he did.

He's going to need a new biro soon.

Monty92
01-25-2017, 10:38 AM
He's going to need a new biro soon.

This whole freak out over him cutting funding for overseas NGOs that endorse abortion seems a bit overblown. Turns out every Republican President has done exactly the same as soon as they've entered office, so it's hardly a radical move.

And anyway, it doesn't even affect the ability of these groups to directly fund abortions, as the money for that specific purpose is ring-fenced.

SWv2
01-25-2017, 10:38 AM
I heard on the radio earlier that he is expected today to make some formal announcement about building the wall.

:hehe:

Good man Donald.

Monty92
01-25-2017, 10:40 AM
I heard on the radio earlier that he is expected today to make some formal announcement about building the wall.

Good man Donald.

Yes, that'll be the same wall (or "fence" as she described it) that Hilary also advocated.

Sir C
01-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Good man Donald.

I don't knwo why everyone's so upset about a wall now, given that they started building the bloody thing in 2006.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Good man Donald.

Today is immigrant day, SW. Executive orders will be signed for building the wall and restricting immigration for arabs.

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2017, 10:43 AM

TTIP has been dead in the water for months - so he may put stones to its pocket and make it sink, but can't claim to have killed it

Pokster
01-25-2017, 10:56 AM
I don't knwo why everyone's so upset about a wall now, given that they started building the bloody thing in 2006.

A few hundred miles of it already exists doesn't it... it just can't change the flow of rivers, or something like that, seems to be 1 of the obstacles to it

Ash
01-25-2017, 10:58 AM
TTIP has been dead in the water for months - so he may put stones to its pocket and make it sink, but can't claim to have killed it

I wasn't suggesting he would be the one to bury it. I just want it gone.

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2017, 11:00 AM
I wasn't suggesting he would be the one to bury it. I just want it gone.

Yes - I know. You may have mentioned it before :)

Ash
01-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Yes - I know. You may have mentioned it before :)

Well, as any marketing or PR wonk will tell you, no-one ever got their point across by only mentioning it once. Corporate Johnnies suing governments to get their own way? It's capitalism gone mad, I tell thee.