PDA

View Full Version : FFS, he's not dying or was ever going to!

PSRB
01-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Hull fans are being encouraged to show support for Mason by taking part in a minute's applause during Thursday's EFL Cup semi-final against Manchester United at the KCOM Stadium.

The club wants fans to applaud in the 25th minute to represent the number of Mason's shirt.

His team-mates will warm up on the pitch before the game wearing T-shirts with 'Mason 25' on.

You're not Liverpool!!!

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 02:22 PM
Hull fans are being encouraged to show support for Mason by taking part in a minute's applause during Thursday's EFL Cup semi-final against Manchester United at the KCOM Stadium.

The club wants fans to applaud in the 25th minute to represent the number of Mason's shirt.

His team-mates will warm up on the pitch before the game wearing T-shirts with 'Mason 25' on.

You're not Liverpool!!!
Yes - now he is in the clear can we go back to remembering he is a horrible little ****

Pat Vegas
01-24-2017, 02:24 PM

You're not Liverpool!!!

It's a serious matter PSRB. This sort of brain injury can cause all sorts of issues later in life.

It can effect people in any number of ways. For example an issue could be losing the ability to save a penalty.
Though that shouldn't effect him.

SWv2
01-24-2017, 02:30 PM
I am afraid while we as a club are willingly stood back and allowing banners of a player’s pet dogs to be hung from our stadium walls (levels?) we are in no position whatsoever to criticise the antics of another club.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I am afraid while we as a club are willingly stood back and allowing banners of a player’s pet dogs to be hung from our stadium walls (levels?) we are in no position whatsoever to criticise the antics of another club.

It's a bit of fun, sw.

It's only a game, you know.

SWv2
01-24-2017, 02:34 PM
It's a bit of fun, sw.

It's only a game, you know.

I know, which is why I applaud the efforts of Hull FC sending a message of support to a stricken member of the family.

The dog thing distresses me all the same.

Ash
01-24-2017, 02:40 PM

I really don't understand why some folks are getting so upset about this banner. The player, who is basically a big puppy himself, seems to like it.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 02:41 PM
I know, which is why I applaud the efforts of Hull FC sending a message of support to a stricken member of the family.

I think it's a rather sweet gesture.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 02:41 PM
It's a serious matter PSRB. This sort of brain injury can cause all sorts of issues later in life.

It can effect people in any number of ways. For example an issue could be losing the ability to save a penalty.
Though that shouldn't effect him.
After eight minutes of medical attention, Mason was slid gently on to the stretcher. Dawson, ever the caring captain, checked on Mason again as he was carried toward the tunnel. Fans could now see how stricken Mason was. Rivalry was placed to one side as Hull and Chelsea fans united in sympathetic, concerned applause for the midfielder. As news filtered out that he had been taken to St Mary’s Hospital, and was then undergoing an operation, social media was filled with people posting support and prayers.

Football didn’t matter in a moment like this. The history books will record Chelsea won 2-0 with goals from Costa and Cahill but all that matters was what befell Mason. Premier League footballers are often perceived as enjoying a gilded existence, but Mason has worked hard to rise towards the top, playing for Tottenham, gaining an England cap against Italy in 2015, and being a valued member of Hull’s midfield as they fight relegation. He is one of those trusted professionals who won’t let the side down on or off the pitch.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 02:44 PM
After eight minutes of medical attention, Mason was slid gently on to the stretcher. Dawson, ever the caring captain, checked on Mason again as he was carried toward the tunnel. Fans could now see how stricken Mason was. Rivalry was placed to one side as Hull and Chelsea fans united in sympathetic, concerned applause for the midfielder. As news filtered out that he had been taken to St Mary’s Hospital, and was then undergoing an operation, social media was filled with people posting support and prayers.

Football didn’t matter in a moment like this. The history books will record Chelsea won 2-0 with goals from Costa and Cahill but all that matters was what befell Mason. Premier League footballers are often perceived as enjoying a gilded existence, but Mason has worked hard to rise towards the top, playing for Tottenham, gaining an England cap against Italy in 2015, and being a valued member of Hull’s midfield as they fight relegation. He is one of those trusted professionals who won’t let the side down on or off the pitch.

That's rather lovely, la. You should consider journalism as a career.

Probably too late now, but still.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 02:45 PM
That's rather lovely, la. You should consider journalism as a career.

Probably too late now, but still.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

PSRB
01-24-2017, 03:23 PM
I think it's a rather sweet gesture.

:shrug: Me too. I would draw the line at a minutes silence when one of them karks it though. Mind you, Erik Lamela is currently out of the spurs side saying he's too grief stricken over the death of his dog!!

Burney
01-24-2017, 03:31 PM
:shrug: Me too. I would draw the line at a minutes silence when one of them karks it though. Mind you, Erik Lamela is currently out of the spurs side saying he's too grief stricken over the death of his dog!!

I like the fact that the title of this thread makes it look as if you're annoyed he's not dead. :hehe:

PSRB
01-24-2017, 03:32 PM
I like the fact that the title of this thread makes it look as if you're annoyed he's not dead. :hehe:

oops, it does rather :hehe:

World's End Stella
01-24-2017, 03:34 PM

I read that on the 6:47 train to London Waterloo - had it not been so rammed with passengers I may have upchucked.

God it was awful.

SWv2
01-24-2017, 04:43 PM

He has been out for a few months with a hip injury?

PSRB
01-24-2017, 04:46 PM
He has been out for a few months with a hip injury?

Well yes but not as interesting as this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/23/revealed-absent-spurs-star-erik-lamela-struggling-get-death/

SWv2
01-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Well yes but not as interesting as this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/23/revealed-absent-spurs-star-erik-lamela-struggling-get-death/

No, not as interesting but for a brief second I genuinely thought the world was ****ed.

:hehe: