PDA

View Full Version : SportsWimb. Have you been sent off in a match?

Pat Vegas
01-24-2017, 11:03 AM
or ejected from any other sports?

Why?

Rich
01-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Why?

I was banned for playing for Dorset for a few games after a mis-understanding between the umpire and I.

Also sent off from a six-a-side game of football after a disagreement with the referee over a corner decision. Things were said that shouldn't have been said.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 11:09 AM

Why?

Several times, I fear.

Once, happily, for gobbing on a bishop's shoe.

Burney
01-24-2017, 11:12 AM

Why?

Can't say I have. Although last year I had to physically intervene to stop an Australian team mate abusing a 16 year-old kid - for which he was banned for the rest of the season.

Burney
01-24-2017, 11:13 AM
Several times, I fear.

Once, happily, for gobbing on a bishop's shoe.

Bath and Wells? Croydon?

Sir C
01-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Bath and Wells? Croydon?

Oh I don't remember. Catholic chap, of course.

Burney
01-24-2017, 11:19 AM
Oh I don't remember. Catholic chap, of course.

Oh, dear. I'd assumed it was a protestant. :-( That's you hellbound, then. You can't go around gobbing on God's representatives, you dirty bástard.

Pat Vegas
01-24-2017, 11:30 AM
Can't say I have. Although last year I had to physically intervene to stop an Australian team mate abusing a 16 year-old kid - for which he was banned for the rest of the season.

When I played Ice hockey I got thrown out the game a couple of times. not really my fault.

and I got sent off in a work football match. as I forgot to bring shorts I was wearing jogging pants and someone on the sideline of the apposing team called me a poof.

so I may have called him a cund. unfortunately he was the general manager of another hotel in the same company.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Oh, dear. I'd assumed it was a protestant. :-( That's you hellbound, then. You can't go around gobbing on God's representatives, you dirty bástard.

He was the other parish's manager, so fúck him.

It was a great victory for St. John Fisher.

IUFG
01-24-2017, 11:41 AM
about a dozen times playing football over 12-13 years. Though I am no Granit Xhaka, I'll have you know.

probably about half of them were for continued dissent when I was a young, gobby little ****e.

now, sadly, I'm just an old, gobby ****e

Sir C
01-24-2017, 11:42 AM
about a dozen times playing football over 12-13 years. Though I am no Granit Xhaka, I'll have you know.

probably about half of them were for continued dissent when I was a young, gobby little ****e.

now, sadly, I'm just an old, gobby ****e

:clap: A sending off a year, that's some good work i.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 11:44 AM

I had a few times when captaining sides - normally based on the fact that if anyone had the right to abuse the opposition it was me

Burney
01-24-2017, 11:50 AM
I had a few times when captaining sides - normally based on the fact that if anyone had the right to abuse the opposition it was me

This bloke was a lunatic, though. He'd take against a batsman for no discernible reason and just relentlessly sledge them for the entire game. At the end of every over, he'd be up in their face squaring up to them. It just got tiresome and embarrassing in this case, so I grabbed the back of his shirt, told him to stop being a prick and pulled him away.

He was a nice lad off the pitch. :shrug:

IUFG
01-24-2017, 11:53 AM
My cultured left foot was used for things other than slide rule passes, sc

Pokster
01-24-2017, 12:03 PM

Why?

Once, and I wasn't even there.... couldn't play one Sunday so they got a keeper in who wasn't registered.... he was sent off but gave my name, so i got fined and banned

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 12:28 PM
This bloke was a lunatic, though. He'd take against a batsman for no discernible reason and just relentlessly sledge them for the entire game. At the end of every over, he'd be up in their face squaring up to them. It just got tiresome and embarrassing in this case, so I grabbed the back of his shirt, told him to stop being a prick and pulled him away.

He was a nice lad off the pitch. :shrug:
Always the way

SWv2
01-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Neither red nor yellow card, ever.

I was once given a yellow card for continued dissent in a Sunday morning game however as I was playing under a false name I am not counting this.

PSRB
01-24-2017, 12:36 PM

Why?

Yes, told the ref he was either a ****ing cheat or utterly useless

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Yes, told the ref he was either a ****ing cheat or utterly useless

I was playing inside five aside once at University and one of the opposition kept bodychecking me - never any attempt to play the ball and the referee gave nothing. I was incredible hungover* and in a bad mood, anyway. About the fourth time it happened I really lost my rag with the bloke picked him up and threw him at the ref. The ref looked very sheepish and actually apologised to me at the end of the game

*possibly still drunk

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-24-2017, 12:46 PM

Why?

I could never piss of referee enough to get booked, let alone sent off. I used to be the one guy that fouled opponent and picked them up, shook their hands. When a ref was getting it from team mates or opponents, I would be the one that made piece. I used to get away with a lot.

IUFG
01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
some of us learn the hard way, abr.

I did once get sent off because during me explaining to the referee why he was wrong in his decision to incorrectly award a corner because the last touch of the ball came "off her" (whilst pointing to a opponent sporting a rather girly ponytail), it all kicked off.

I'm still not sure what the actual reason for my dismissal was.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 12:53 PM

I did once get sent off because during me explaining to the referee why he was wrong in his decision to incorrectly award a corner because the last touch of the ball came "off her" (whilst pointing to a opponent sporting a rather girly ponytail), it all kicked off.

You could have claimed to be simply rejecting patriarchal conventions of cisnormativity, i.

IUFG
01-24-2017, 12:56 PM
you only had straights or queers in those days, sc.

simpler, happier times.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 01:13 PM
you only had straights or queers in those days, sc.

simpler, happier times.

Yes, I played with a poove once who used to do hand stands in the shower to get a good blast up his bum crack.

I've no idea if he was interested in football.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-24-2017, 06:43 PM

I never ever told the referee why I thought he was wrong. I always asked him why he gave that decision. They were always willing.. You would be amazed how often, while explaining, refs would tie themselves in knots. I would imagine that the thought of looking a bit silly was much less preferable to having some uncouth yob screaming abuse at a ref. The number of decision I could get going my way.