PDA

View Full Version : I'm not really sure if Gina Miller et al will regard their Supreme Court thing as

Burney
01-24-2017, 10:51 AM
money well spent, really.

After all, all it has achieved is to ensure there's a vote in Parliament (which the Government will win) and to clarify that there is no need to consult the devolved Parliaments (which will make SNP types cross and amuse the rest of us).

It was clearly conceived of at a time when it was imagined that Parliament might reverse Brexit - or at least water it down - and has been superseded by subsequent events.

All in all, it's basically proved to be a great way to pīss millions of quid in legal fees up the wall.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 10:59 AM
money well spent, really.

After all, all it has achieved is to ensure there's a vote in Parliament (which the Government will win) and to clarify that there is no need to consult the devolved Parliaments (which will make SNP types cross and amuse the rest of us).

It was clearly conceived of at a time when it was imagined that Parliament might reverse Brexit - or at least water it down - and has been superseded by subsequent events.

All in all, it's basically proved to be a great way to pīss millions of quid in legal fees up the wall.

I must admit, I did smile at the devolved Parliament thing. Bit ****ing cheeky of the NI one to threaten to derail everything when they really could doing with getting their own house in order

Norn Iron
01-24-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm happy with the devolved ruling. At least Adams will have less (no) influence on it. Brexit really has ruffled Sinn Fein feathers over here.

Burney
01-24-2017, 11:21 AM
I must admit, I did smile at the devolved Parliament thing. Bit ****ing cheeky of the NI one to threaten to derail everything when they really could doing with getting their own house in order

I'm assuming Nicola Sturgeon has threatened a second independence referendum by now? It's her default response to pretty much everything, after all.

Burney
01-24-2017, 11:24 AM
I'm happy with the devolved ruling. At least Adams will have less (no) influence on it. Brexit really has ruffled Sinn Fein feathers over here.

Presumably because they're worried a hard border would put a dent in their cross border smuggling and money laundering activities?

Tony C
01-24-2017, 12:23 PM
hopefully that's her 5 minutes done and dusted.

who the **** is the other chap? Deir dos Santos

heard he had gone into hiding because of the abuse...

SWv2
01-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Presumably because they're worried a hard border would put a dent in their cross border smuggling and money laundering activities?

Never stopped them before so unlikely.

They still foolishly like to think of a united Ireland and perhaps saw the NI vote (or wish) to remain as part of the EU as somehow being an aid in this respect.

Burney
01-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Never stopped them before so unlikely.

They still foolishly like to think of a united Ireland and perhaps saw the NI vote (or wish) to remain as part of the EU as somehow being an aid in this respect.

No. Although having to run checkpoints would make it more of a challenge, I suppose.

Must admit I always thought it a rather strange idea that NI's loyalists would suddenly abandon 325 years of history and jump into the arms of Dublin just because the UK voted to leave the EU. Suggested people were either delusional or had very little idea of Irish history or political reality.

SWv2
01-24-2017, 12:52 PM
No. Although having to run checkpoints would make it more of a challenge, I suppose.

Must admit I always thought it a rather strange idea that NI's loyalists would suddenly abandon 325 years of history and jump into the arms of Dublin just because the UK voted to leave the EU. Suggested people were either delusional or had very little idea of Irish history or political reality.

Foolish perhaps also to automatically assume every Catholic would vote for the united entity, some may look at economic factors for example and decide to swerve this mad wee country.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 12:54 PM
Foolish perhaps also to automatically assume every Catholic would vote for the united entity, some may look at economic factors for example and decide to swerve this mad wee country.

Did you see yer man from Aslan on thon Late Late Show?

I must say, I'm a sucker for his voice. He looked relatively healthy, as well.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm assuming Nicola Sturgeon has threatened a second independence referendum by now? It's her default response to pretty much everything, after all.

It didn't take long.

"Nicola Sturgeon said after the Supreme Court ruling that it was becoming “ever clearer” that Scotland must have a new independence referendum"

SWv2
01-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Did you see yer man from Aslan on thon Late Late Show?

I must say, I'm a sucker for his voice. He looked relatively healthy, as well.

I am aware he was on but as a general rule I don't watch the show.

He's not well C, in fact the poor man is ****ed.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 01:00 PM
I am aware he was on but as a general rule I don't watch the show.

He's not well C, in fact the poor man is ****ed.

Found the aul' skag a little too moreish for his own good, I understand :-(

IUFG
01-24-2017, 01:02 PM
ffs, that didn't take her long...

SWv2
01-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Found the aul' skag a little too moreish for his own good, I understand :-(

I am unsure if there is a direct link between his drug exploits and his very rare illness however one can perhaps say his lifestyle may not have helped.

I went for an old health check-up recently, a male MOT if you will, as I approach 50. The doctor was very impressed and commented how I had the blood pressure and lungs of a chap of 20.

She was stunningly attractive, early 30s as I discovered, so when the opportunity came and she offered to feel my balls well it was simply too good to be true. I even took my socks off incase one thing led to another.

And I got a free scone.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 01:32 PM
I am unsure if there is a direct link between his drug exploits and his very rare illness however one can perhaps say his lifestyle may not have helped.

I went for an old health check-up recently, a male MOT if you will, as I approach 50. The doctor was very impressed and commented how I had the blood pressure and lungs of a chap of 20.

She was stunningly attractive, early 30s as I discovered, so when the opportunity came and she offered to feel my balls well it was simply too good to be true. I even took my socks off incase one thing led to another.

And I got a free scone.

Did she have a good feel around up your bumhole, sw?

SWv2
01-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Did she have a good feel around up your bumhole, sw?

No, I am younger than you remember.

It was explained to me that such anal checks only really come into play once one passes 50. So there you are one day in July perfectly fine, next day riddled.

Odd I thought.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 02:21 PM
No, I am younger than you remember.

It was explained to me that such anal checks only really come into play once one passes 50. So there you are one day in July perfectly fine, next day riddled.

Odd I thought.

I was told it was 40. It was definitely at 40 that a doctor pushed a wardrobe up my bottom.

Never again, sw. Never again. I'd prefer the bad cance.

Burney
01-24-2017, 02:26 PM
I was told it was 40. It was definitely at 40 that a doctor pushed a wardrobe up my bottom.

Never again, sw. Never again. I'd prefer the bad cance.

I certainly got a note from them saying that. Well they didn't say 'Come in and we'll finger you, but that was certainly what they meant.

SWv2
01-24-2017, 02:32 PM
I certainly got a note from them saying that. Well they didn't say 'Come in and we'll finger you, but that was certainly what they meant.

Given your somewhat unfortunate past in this respect it is perhaps more understandable.

Sir C was simply duped and violated. Probably wasn't even a doctor, cleaner is my guess.

"According to the ACS, men should explore the risks and benefits of the PSA test starting at age 50 if they are at average risk of prostate cancer and have at least a 10-year life expectancy, at age 45 if they are at high risk and at age 40 if they are at very high risk (those with several first-degree relatives who had ..."

Sir C
01-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Given your somewhat unfortunate past in this respect it is perhaps more understandable.

Sir C was simply duped and violated. Probably wasn't even a doctor, cleaner is my guess.

"According to the ACS, men should explore the risks and benefits of the PSA test starting at age 50 if they are at average risk of prostate cancer and have at least a 10-year life expectancy, at age 45 if they are at high risk and at age 40 if they are at very high risk (those with several first-degree relatives who had ..."

'very high risk'. Yes, that would be me then :-(

Burney
01-24-2017, 02:42 PM

Actually, my previous cancer apparently has no bearing on my likelihood of getting prostate cancer. They're both very age-specific cancers. Age-wise, I've jumped out of the testicular frying pan and into the prostate fire.

That said, there's no history of the prostates in my family and I can still pīss like Shergar, so I don't think there's much to worry about.

SWv2
01-24-2017, 02:46 PM
Actually, my previous cancer apparently has no bearing on my likelihood of getting prostate cancer. They're both very age-specific cancers. Age-wise, I've jumped out of the testicular frying pan and into the prostate fire.

That said, there's no history of the prostates in my family and I can still pīss like Shergar, so I don't think there's much to worry about.

Yes, extremely fit doctor explained that I was out of the *******s cancer danger zone but she filled her boots anyway and who am I to piss on her Friday chips as such.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 02:46 PM

I'm not sure pissing like a long-dead horse is a particularly good sign, b

Burney
01-24-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure pissing like a long-dead horse is a particularly good sign, b

How do you know he's dead, la? Hmmmm? :sherlock:

Burney
01-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Yes, extremely fit doctor explained that I was out of the *******s cancer danger zone but she filled her boots anyway and who am I to piss on her Friday chips as such.

Good news is that in a few years, you can get her to finger you arse and fondle your nuts at the same time. Time-saving AND enjoyable! :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 02:54 PM
How do you know he's dead, la? Hmmmm? :sherlock:

err, um - Curly told me