PDA

View Full Version : Football news!

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
01-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Arsene Wenger has been charged by the FA. Bástards. He said sorry - what more do they want?
“Arsene Wenger has been charged for misconduct following Arsenal’s game against Burnley on Sunday [22 January 2017].

“It is alleged that in or around the 92nd minute, he used abusive and/or insulting words towards the fourth official. It is further alleged that following his dismissal from the technical area, his behaviour in remaining in the tunnel area and making physical contact with the fourth official amounted to improper conduct.

“He has until 6pm on 26 January 2017 to respond to the charge.”

SWv2
01-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Arsene Wenger has been charged by the FA. Bástards. He said sorry - what more do they want?

You can't go round pushing officials, even if you are nearly 70.

3 game ban and a big fine. Bouldie in charge.

01-23-2017, 04:27 PM

Pfft. He barely touched the ickle snowflake.

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 04:29 PM

Wenger Out!
oh.

SWv2
01-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Pfft. He barely touched the ickle snowflake.

Did Pardew do something similar a few seasons back or am I imagining things?

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 04:33 PM

:nod: 2 match ban 20k fine

I see some are screaming for an example to be made out of wenger.

banning any contact at all whilst he is banned, 6 match ban :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 04:51 PM

Pardew head butted a player - naughty

SWv2
01-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Pardew head butted a player - naughty

Perhaps confusing him with another who pushed an official.

World's End Stella
01-23-2017, 04:54 PM
I don't understand why Taylor became involved once Wenger went up the tunnel.

If he doesn't think Wenger is far enough away, report him. Confronting Wenger like that was pathetic and stupid and Taylor should be on the end of a charge as well.

I have every faith in Mike Riley. Oh yes I do.

01-23-2017, 04:55 PM

Di Canio in 1998?

SWv2
01-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Di Canio in 1998?

No, that was too obvious. A mean more old man handbags on the touchline.

I could be mistaken of course.

Wenger has form in this area - Mourinho, Jol, Pardew. Throw the book at him and then release him at the end of the season.

In summary, Wenger out.

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 05:24 PM

No Pardew pushed the 4th official in a match against Spurs I think.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 09:02 AM

Nope - you are right. Pardew got done for pushing a linesman as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLHhDdH6giQ

Arguably much worse - two game ban

Pokster
01-24-2017, 09:33 AM
I don't understand why Taylor became involved once Wenger went up the tunnel.

If he doesn't think Wenger is far enough away, report him. Confronting Wenger like that was pathetic and stupid and Taylor should be on the end of a charge as well.

I have every faith in Mike Riley. Oh yes I do.

Because he is sent to the stands... not to stand 10 yards form where he was anyway... AW knows the rules and was being a cock

Sir C
01-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Because he is sent to the stands... not to stand 10 yards form where he was anyway... AW knows the rules and was being a cock

It wasn't made clear to him whether he had been sent off or simply asked to leave the technical area. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 09:44 AM

I fairly sure ten yards from where he was is actually the stands. All very unclear

Pokster
01-24-2017, 09:46 AM
It wasn't made clear to him whether he had been sent off or simply asked to leave the technical area. :shrug:

What??? Is there a rule asking a manager to leave the technical area but remain by the pitch? Or are you just making it up?

SWv2
01-24-2017, 09:46 AM

One and the same, no?

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 09:55 AM
What??? Is there a rule asking a manager to leave the technical area but remain by the pitch? Or are you just making it up?

Well, the law is very unclear - hence it has led to much confusion in the past (Wenger and Mourinho at Old Trafford for instance; and David Moyes at Real Sociedad, moved back into the stands when he was sent off in one game, the ref told him to move, he went about 10 seats to his right and a couple of rows back and that was deemed fine :shrug: )The laws say:

"The referee may at his discretion expel [the team official] from the field and its immediate surrounds"

Without defining immediate surrounds

Sir C
01-24-2017, 09:55 AM
One and the same, no?

Apparently not, given that the gentleman in question was left unclear on the matter.

Sir C
01-24-2017, 09:56 AM

There!!! seems to have been some!!!!! confusion???????????

SWv2
01-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Apparently not, given that the gentleman in question was left unclear on the matter.

Ignorance is never a position to take when guilty of an offence.

World's End Stella
01-24-2017, 10:19 AM

Well yes but that really wasn't the point I was making. The point was that even if Wenger had violated the rules (and it seems unclear as to whether he had) it is not Taylor's place to stand in front of Wenger insisting he leave thereby instigating a confrontation.

It was his place to inform Wenger that he needed to move farther back and let him know that he risked a charge of some kind were he not to do so. At that point Taylor should have left Wenger alone and returned to the side of the pitch.

In short, Taylor was also a tw@t.

Pokster
01-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Well yes but that really wasn't the point I was making. The point was that even if Wenger had violated the rules (and it seems unclear as to whether he had) it is not Taylor's place to stand in front of Wenger insisting he leave thereby instigating a confrontation.

It was his place to inform Wenger that he needed to move farther back and let him know that he risked a charge of some kind were he not to do so. At that point Taylor should have left Wenger alone and returned to the side of the pitch.

In short, Taylor was also a tw@t.

Why isn't it the 4th officials job to make sure AW moved back? Who's job is it? The stewards?

World's End Stella
01-24-2017, 10:29 AM
Why isn't it the 4th officials job to make sure AW moved back? Who's job is it? The stewards?

Good lord :hehe:

Pokster
01-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Good lord :hehe:

So who's job is it then?...to try to shift the blame from AW on this seems odd to me, he admits he was in the wrong

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2017, 10:37 AM
So who's job is it then?...to try to shift the blame from AW on this seems odd to me, he admits he was in the wrong

Bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind

Pokster
01-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind

Leave your sexual thrills out of this