PDA

View Full Version : We only seem to concede goals at home in the league recently.

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 01:04 PM
by pens.

If only Cech could save one now and again.

Sir C
01-23-2017, 01:09 PM
by pens.

Past it, the Czech mercenary, isn't he? :-(

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Past it, the Czech mercenary, isn't he? :-(

I thought he may have suffered another brain incident yesterday.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:21 PM
by pens.

Seven pens given away in the league this season - quite some going. Closest Cech got to saving one was yesterday

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Seven pens given away in the league this season - quite some going. Closest Cech got to saving one was yesterday

Although only two by defenders:

Kos against Spurs; Monreal against Bournemouth at home
Others were Cech (Hull and Sunderland); Xhaka (Stoke and Bournemouth, away); Coquelin yesterday

Won 5 and drawn 2 of those

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 01:26 PM

Others were Cech (Hull and Sunderland); Xhaka (Stoke and Bournemouth, away); Coquelin yesterday

Is it correct that the only goals we let in at home in the last 5 league games have been by pens?

I think our defense is better than people give us credit for. Tottenham get lots of praise for their CB pairing.

Ash
01-23-2017, 01:26 PM

Unbeaten when we concede a penalty? So all we have to do if we are losing is ....

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Unbeaten when we concede a penalty? So all we have to do if we are losing is ....

:nod: play Mustafi and give away a Pen every game and we'll win the league.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:32 PM

:hehe: Arsene clearly knows

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Is it correct that the only goals we let in at home in the last 5 league games have been by pens?

I think our defense is better than people give us credit for. Tottenham get lots of praise for their CB pairing.

Swansea was the last time we conceded from open play in the league this season.

Kos really doesn't get enough praise definitely. Thought he was superb yesterday

Sir C
01-23-2017, 01:35 PM
:hehe: Arsene clearly knows

For some reason I felt a twinge of optimism yesterday afternoon. Perhaps we really are good enough to challenge this season!

Then I realised that, to have any hope of doing so, we have to win at Stamford Bridge.

:hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:38 PM
For some reason I felt a twinge of optimism yesterday afternoon. Perhaps we really are good enough to challenge this season!

Then I realised that, to have any hope of doing so, we have to win at Stamford Bridge.

I know - rather annoying isn't it. Just have to settle for the Champions League win instead

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 01:41 PM

Strange things can happen Sir C. We won there once and Andre Santos was playing, he even scored. ( how quickly I forgot that he actually existed)

keeping up our tradition of full backs scoring surprise goals at Stamford Bridge.
I say tradition I can think of 3.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Strange things can happen Sir C. We won there once and Andre Santos was playing, he even scored. ( how quickly I forgot that he actually existed)

keeping up our tradition of full backs scoring surprise goals at Stamford Bridge.
I say tradition I can think of 3.

Winterburn, Silvinho, Santos? Oddly not Cole. Dixon got an absolute belter there as well but may have been before your time

Sadly not on here but he got a decent one against them at home as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox97ty3HfiI

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:56 PM
Winterburn, Silvinho, Santos? Oddly not Cole. Dixon got an absolute belter there as well but may have been before your time

Sagna also scored his first goal for us against them as well but we lost that one

Pat Vegas
01-23-2017, 01:57 PM

Yep those were the wons I was thinking of. I awlays thought the Winterburn and Silvinho ones were very similar.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Yep those were the wons I was thinking of. I awlays thought the Winterburn and Silvinho ones were very similar.

ooo - here's the Dixon one from 1992 - 25 years ago :yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fB7q7mh-M
I was right in line with the Silvinho one when he hit it :cloud9:

redgunamo
01-23-2017, 02:01 PM

Lauren in the Cup?

Viva Prat Vegas
01-23-2017, 02:02 PM
ooo - here's the Dixon one from 1992 - 25 years ago :yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fB7q7mh-M
I was right in line with the Silvinho one when he hit it :cloud9:

Lauren scored at the Bridge when we kept knocking Chelsea out of the cup

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Lauren in the Cup?

:clap: Forgot that one - that was a superb night. A football team is Patrick Vieira and 9 others

Sir C
01-23-2017, 02:07 PM
:clap: Forgot that one - that was a superb night. A football team is Patrick Vieira and 9 others

Don't google lauren chelsea video if you're at work.