PDA

View Full Version : Second in the league.When’s that has-been Wenger gonna f*ck off and let one of those

Monty92
01-22-2017, 08:31 PM
young, modern, tactically astute managers like Pochettino, Klopp, Guardiola or Mourinho take over and lead us to glory? :homer:

Ash
01-22-2017, 09:55 PM
young, modern, tactically astute managers like Pochettino, Klopp, Guardiola or Mourinho take over and lead us to glory? :homer:

Right. None of them would win the second-in-January trophy.

Monty92
01-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Right. None of them would win the second-in-January trophy.

"Judge them in May", you mean? :-o

Klopp and Pochettino have failed to finish above Wenger in the four years they've been in England combined.

World's End Stella
01-23-2017, 08:51 AM
"Judge them in May", you mean? :-o

Klopp and Pochettino have failed to finish above Wenger in the four years they've been in England combined.

All while spending far less than Wenger both in fees and wages. And I'm pretty sure it was you who assured us for years that Wenger couldn't possibly compete with City and Chelsea because of their money.

Or have you finally admitted that you were wrong about that?

Lose to Chelsea at their place in two weeks time and it might very well be an 11 point gap and the league will be over for us early in February, Monty. Would you be crowing then, out of interest?

Monty92
01-23-2017, 09:18 AM
All while spending far less than Wenger both in fees and wages. And I'm pretty sure it was you who assured us for years that Wenger couldn't possibly compete with City and Chelsea because of their money.

Or have you finally admitted that you were wrong about that?

Lose to Chelsea at their place in two weeks time and it might very well be an 11 point gap and the league will be over for us early in February, Monty. Would you be crowing then, out of interest?

I thought we couldn't be *expected* to compete.

I'm not crowing now. My point was merely that Liverpool and Spurs in particular are thought to be having very good seasons under exciting young managers while we are thought to be having a mediocre one, and yet we're currently above them both in the table.

SWv2
01-23-2017, 09:20 AM

Good man. Only 9:20 and you have hands down won the award for the least intelligent and most immature post of the day, which in itself is quite an achievement.

Monty - the self styled intelligent follower of football, he who likes to lord it over ordinary fans.

:clap:

World's End Stella
01-23-2017, 09:25 AM
I thought we couldn't be *expected* to compete.

What are you on about now, Monty? And if you weren't intending to 'crow', you did a pretty good imitation.

You are so close to Nicosia in mindset I can't describe it. Yet, I seem to recall you endlessly disparaging him when he was on here. Amazing.

SWv2
01-23-2017, 09:36 AM
What are you on about now, Monty? And if you weren't intending to 'crow', you did a pretty good imitation.

You are so close to Nicosia in mindset I can't describe it. Yet, I seem to recall you endlessly disparaging him when he was on here. Amazing.

As stated:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?597503-I-miss-Nicosia-He-was-like-a-low-ranking-STASI-functionary-patrolling-the&p=4141357#post4141357

Sir C
01-23-2017, 09:42 AM
As stated:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?597503-I-miss-Nicosia-He-was-like-a-low-ranking-STASI-functionary-patrolling-the&p=4141357#post4141357

He makes a valid point, of course; the tone is unnecessarily combative, but there you go, he's a north London hard man and can't help himself.

In short, for the past few years the media as well as many of our own supporters have hailed Spurs (and whichever manager was at the helm) for having such a wonderful season and being so generally brilliant, whilst we are generally decried as mediocre and Wenger as a failure, living on borrowed time. And yet we tend to finish above them in the table.

I suppose we and Wenger are held to a higher standard because of histrical success. Still, this pervading narrative is rather strange.

World's End Stella
01-23-2017, 09:45 AM
As stated:

After 12 consecutive seasons without the league, the large majority of which didn't see us putting in even the slightest challenge, you would have thought that Monty would save his premature crowing for slightly later than the fourth week in January.

Some people just never learn, I suppose.

Monty92
01-23-2017, 09:49 AM
After 12 consecutive seasons without the league, the large majority of which didn't see us putting in even the slightest challenge, you would have thought that Monty would save his premature crowing for slightly later than the fourth week in January.

Some people just never learn, I suppose.

And you'd have thought the people who would swap Pochettino or Klopp for Wenger in a heartbeat would wait for one of them to actually finish above us for once before being so sure that we've got the inferior manager :shrug:

World's End Stella
01-23-2017, 09:59 AM
And you'd have thought the people who would swap Pochettino or Klopp for Wenger in a heartbeat would wait for one of them to actually finish above us for once before being so sure that we've got the inferior manager :shrug:

I expect that many people who think that Klopp and Pochettino are better managers are basing it on a rather more complex piece of analysis than 'have they ever finished ahead of Wenger?'.

Ash
01-23-2017, 10:09 AM

Has AW beaten Mourinho in a competitive match yet?

Monty92
01-23-2017, 10:14 AM
I expect that many people who think that Klopp and Pochettino are better managers are basing it on a rather more complex piece of analysis than 'have they ever finished ahead of Wenger?'.

Oh really? How many years of finishing below him would it take before becoming a relevant datapoint, in your opinion?

Monty92
01-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Has AW beaten Mourinho in a competitive match yet?

I can understand why people consider Mourinho the superior manager. Just not sure why it's so clear-cut with Poch and Klopp.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Oh really? How many years of finishing below him would it take before becoming a relevant datapoint, in your opinion?
Well, one of the two managers you mentioned has yet to complete a full season in the Premier League so a bit harsh to castigate him for not finishing above Wenger yet isn't it?

Burney
01-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Well, one of the two managers you mentioned has yet to complete a full season in the Premier League so a bit harsh to castigate him for not finishing above Wenger yet isn't it?

Yeah, but he is a stupid-looking cünt, though, with his **** beard, glasses and teeth. Cünt.

PSRB
01-23-2017, 10:27 AM
I can understand why people consider Mourinho the superior manager. Just not sure why it's so clear-cut with Poch and Klopp.

Surely spurs can't keep getting every decision go their way?

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Yeah, but he is a stupid-looking cünt, though, with his **** beard, glasses and teeth. Cünt.

Highly religious and advertises non-alcoholic beer over here :judge: Wrong 'un b

I must say I am finding it much easier to hate Pochettino these days (if not spell it). I actually believe his mother may be a whore

Burney
01-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Highly religious and advertises non-alcoholic beer over here :judge: Wrong 'un b

I must say I am finding it much easier to hate Pochettino these days (if not spell it). I actually believe his mother may be a whore

I didn't know these things about Klopp. They explain much.

I have no strong feelings about Pochettino beyond the fact that he is a dirty Argie and therefore a filthy drug cheat. His mother is of course a whore. It is the sine qua non of all Tottenham managers - apart from Martin Jol's mother, of course, who rode a horse.

PSRB
01-23-2017, 10:36 AM
I didn't know these things about Klopp. They explain much.

I have no strong feelings about Pochettino beyond the fact that he is a dirty Argie and therefore a filthy drug cheat. His mother is of course a whore. It is the sine qua non of all Tottenham managers - apart from Martin Jol's mother, of course, who rode a horse.

That still puts a smile on my face. Missed opportunity for a smilie though

World's End Stella
01-23-2017, 10:36 AM

That was never a penalty when Walker pushed Sterling :clap: