PDA

View Full Version : Blimey. To read some people on Twitter, you'd think that at some point this afternoon

Burney
01-20-2017, 09:43 AM
the world will be plunged into perpetual darkness, a big, burning eye will appear over the White House and there will be Orcs everywhere.

People really need to calm the fück down :hehe:

Sir C
01-20-2017, 09:50 AM
the world will be plunged into perpetual darkness, a big, burning eye will appear over the White House and there will be Orcs everywhere.

People really need to calm the fück down :hehe:

Yes, it would appear that not only is winter coming, but the Huns are at the gate.

:hehe:

I was chatting to a chap yesterday who was bemoaning the coming effects of Brexit. I suggested that, whilst times may appear a little uncertain, the sun will continue to rise and to set, business will continue to be transacted, life will go on, and a way through will be found. He looked at me as if I was mentally deficient and changed the subject :hehe:

Burney
01-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Yes, it would appear that not only is winter coming, but the Huns are at the gate.

:hehe:

I was chatting to a chap yesterday who was bemoaning the coming effects of Brexit. I suggested that, whilst times may appear a little uncertain, the sun will continue to rise and to set, business will continue to be transacted, life will go on, and a way through will be found. He looked at me as if I was mentally deficient and changed the subject :hehe:

Yes, it's interesting that, given their penchant for identifying pseudo trends that The Guardian hasn't to my knowledge yet published an article about the modern trend to a sort of irrational, unbridled, doom-laden, bedwetting pessimism that is totally impervious to reason. It's like being surrounded by people in the grip of a perpetual panic attack, ffs.

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2017, 10:14 AM

It was minus 12 when I got up and there are Huns everywhere -I'd call that bad

Burney
01-20-2017, 10:15 AM
It was minus 12 when I got up and there are Huns everywhere -I'd call that bad

Any White Walkers?

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Any White Walkers?
I think they just refer to them as Austrians here, b