PDA

View Full Version : 11 years ago since we signed young Theo....

Pokster
01-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Makes me feel old

Sir C
01-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Makes me feel old

Whetever happened to him? He hasn't been playing recently, has he?

I thought he used to be good.

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Makes me feel old
Coming up to 18 years since we signed Jermaine Pennant, which I noticed last night as he signed for Bury :old:

Burney
01-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Coming up to 18 years since we signed Jermaine Pennant, which I noticed last night as he signed for Bury :old:

I wonder if he's learnt to read yet? :rubchin:

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2017, 10:12 AM
I wonder if he's learnt to read yet? :rubchin:

That was my first thought. Clearly not if he's signed for Bury. "Just initial here, J, it will be fine"

SWv2
01-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Makes me feel bald

So on the whole would we say Theo has been a success or not?

Burney
01-20-2017, 10:14 AM

He has sort of been OK. :shrug: Not as good as one might have hoped, but not bad, either.

World's End Stella
01-20-2017, 10:16 AM

Not, sadly.

We've paid enough money in fees and wages that you would expect a player who has had more of an impact on our club than he has.

See also Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Sir C
01-20-2017, 10:19 AM

11 years in the first team squad, a regular starter (injuries permitting) for much of that time.

Not too shabby, I'd say. Put it this way, had that been my career, I'd have been well pleased with it.

SWv2
01-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Not, sadly.

We've paid enough money in fees and wages that you would expect a player who has had more of an impact on our club than he has.

See also Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The latter cost more from memory and indubitably has been even less of a success than the new coffee machine earning straight backed wing "I want to be a striker" wizard.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
01-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Yes. Tempered by injuries of course but his presence has been vital in securing the 4th place trophies plus the couple of cups we've won during his time with us.

SWv2
01-20-2017, 10:26 AM
11 years in the first team squad, a regular starter (injuries permitting) for much of that time.

Not too shabby, I'd say. Put it this way, had that been my career, I'd have been well pleased with it.

Are you assessing the career from his perspective - “11 years in the first team squad” = successful career.

Or from the perspective of a fan/supporter?

The lad came with such a heightened media coverage and hype, not his fault of course. Moments of brilliance and very good finishing but on balance perhaps more moments of frustration and “Walcott you ****”.

Sir C
01-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Are you assessing the career from his perspective - “11 years in the first team squad” = successful career.

Or from the perspective of a fan/supporter?

The lad came with such a heightened media coverage and hype, not his fault of course. Moments of brilliance and very good finishing but on balance perhaps more moments of frustration and “Walcott you ****”.

I think I'm just assessing it objectively, really. He's played 364 times for the Arsenal and 47 times for England, and he's still only 27. That's a career for which most professional footballers would gladly sacrifice a limb, or child.

Pat Vegas
01-20-2017, 10:32 AM

For a man who claimed he couldn't read or write.

I want to know how he filled in his hotel registration card that I gave him. :sherlock:

Pat Vegas
01-20-2017, 10:33 AM
I think I'm just assessing it objectively, really. He's played 364 times for the Arsenal and 47 times for England, and he's still only 27. That's a career for which most professional footballers would gladly sacrifice a limb, or child.

That may be impressive but he still doesn't have the coffee machine he wants.

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2017, 10:34 AM

I want to know how he filled in his hotel registration card that I gave him. :sherlock:

Any idiot can do that, p

Burney
01-20-2017, 10:34 AM

Is it more of this fake news we keep hearing about, f?

Sir C
01-20-2017, 10:35 AM
That may be impressive but he still doesn't have the coffee machine he wants.

I thought he scored the goal that was required to force Mel to follow through with her promise? God knows where she'll lay her hands on the 300 quid required though :-(

Pat Vegas
01-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Is it more of this fake news we keep hearing about, f?

:nod:

Though on the flip side he game me some free tickets :cloud9:
I had a good deal during those days. Another bloke who worked for Arsenal used to stay all the time on the cheap and in return I got plenty of free tickets :cloud9: that's when we were good.

I used to get hassled by the regulars at Highbury asking me how I got the tickets.

Burney
01-20-2017, 10:40 AM
I thought he scored the goal that was required to force Mel to follow through with her promise? God knows where she'll lay her hands on the 300 quid required though :-(

Fück coffee machines. She should offer to fulfil his most outlandish sexual fantasies in return for goals scored.

Pat Vegas
01-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Fück coffee machines. She should offer to fulfil his most outlandish sexual fantasies in return for goals scored.

Yeah but he's got this fetish for a saucy barista.

Burney
01-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Yeah but he's got this fetish for a saucy barista.

Actually, thinking about it, I suspect that Theo's most outlandish sexual fantasy is doing it with the light on. :-(

Sir C
01-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Actually, thinking about it, I suspect that Theo's most outlandish sexual fantasy is doing it with the light on. :-(

Is that even legal? :yikes:

Burney
01-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Is that even legal? :yikes:

Only if you're both wearing blindfolds and can't see any naughty bits.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
01-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Whetever happened to him? He hasn't been playing recently, has he?

I thought he used to be good.

I seem to remember we were all rather excited to see that he could run like a greyhound. We then discovered his ability to control a football was probably inferior to that particular beast.