PDA

View Full Version : Noble of Obama to wait until the end of his presidency before revealing his true

Monty92
01-19-2017, 09:24 AM
feelings about BLM/social justice movements in general. F*cking pussy too worried about being cast as an Uncle Tom to speak out when it mattered.

Said at his last press conference yesterday:

“Both [of my daughters] have grown up in an environment where I think they could not help be but patriotic, to love this country deeply, to see that it’s flawed but see that they have responsibilities to fix it, and that they need to be active citizens and they have to be in a position to talk to their friends and their teachers and their future co-workers in ways that try to shed some light as opposed to generate a lot of sound and fury.

“I expect that’s what they’re going to do. They don’t mope, and what makes me proudest about them is they don’t get cynical. They don’t assume because their side didn’t win, or because the values they care about don’t seem as if they were vindicated, that automatically America has somehow rejected them or rejected their values.”

Burney
01-19-2017, 09:32 AM
feelings about BLM/social justice movements in general. F*cking pussy too worried about being cast as an Uncle Tom to speak out when it mattered.

Said at his last press conference yesterday:

“Both [of my daughters] have grown up in an environment where I think they could not help be but patriotic, to love this country deeply, to see that it’s flawed but see that they have responsibilities to fix it, and that they need to be active citizens and they have to be in a position to talk to their friends and their teachers and their future co-workers in ways that try to shed some light as opposed to generate a lot of sound and fury.

“I expect that’s what they’re going to do. They don’t mope, and what makes me proudest about them is they don’t get cynical. They don’t assume because their side didn’t win, or because the values they care about don’t seem as if they were vindicated, that automatically America has somehow rejected them or rejected their values.”

Yes, it has to be said that his actions on leaving office have thus far displayed a degree of petulance that is remarkably unattractive.

The pardoning of Bradley Manning is little short of disgraceful and done purely as an act of virtue-signalling. Although I suppose that is at least appropriate given that virtue signalling was his route into the White House.

Monty92
01-19-2017, 09:48 AM
Yes, it has to be said that his actions on leaving office have thus far displayed a degree of petulance that is remarkably unattractive.

The pardoning of Bradley Manning is little short of disgraceful and done purely as an act of virtue-signalling. Although I suppose that is at least appropriate given that virtue signalling was his route into the White House.

I heard Obama claim Manning's original sentence was disproportionate compared with other sentences given for comparable crimes. No idea if that's true.

Burney
01-19-2017, 09:53 AM
I heard Obama claim Manning's original sentence was disproportionate compared with other sentences given for comparable crimes. No idea if that's true.

Even if it is, it's not a valid reason to let him off 80% of a sentence, is it?

Mo Britain less Europe
01-19-2017, 09:56 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00801/mark_noble105afp_801160c.jpg

Monty92
01-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Even if it is, it's not a valid reason to let him off 80% of a sentence, is it?

I guess he would say that given the identity of the incoming President, it was a choice between leniency and a gross injustice. The better of two evils.

Saying that, I also read that he’s released an Allan from Guantanamo who has openly declared he will rejoin Al Queda and fight the US as soon as he can.

Burney
01-19-2017, 10:11 AM
I guess he would say that given the identity of the incoming President, it was a choice between leniency and a gross injustice. The better of two evils.

Saying that, I also read that he’s released an Allan from Guantanamo who has openly declared he will rejoin Al Queda and fight the US as soon as he can.

I take the view that, in addition to being an act of treason, the leaks risked and very possibly cost lives. To me, that justifies an extremely harsh sentence and - if we're honest - there is no way this pardon would have been granted if Manning were just a straight bloke.

By the way, I see you've taken to prodding Richard Herring on twitter. I must admit I gave up since he is impermeable to any sort of reason.

Ash
01-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Although I suppose that is at least appropriate given that virtue signalling was his route into the White House.

The massive investment, erm, sponsorship from General Dynamics was quite handy, I expect.

Monty92
01-19-2017, 10:26 AM
I take the view that, in addition to being an act of treason, the leaks risked and very possibly cost lives. To me, that justifies an extremely harsh sentence and - if we're honest - there is no way this pardon would have been granted if Manning were just a straight bloke.

By the way, I see you've taken to prodding Richard Herring on twitter. I must admit I gave up since he is impermeable to any sort of reason.

Yes, and you may also have noticed that despite seemingly spending hours each day whining about Brexit, he claimed he didn't have time to watch a ten minute video that showed up the misleading manipulation of the Remain campaign at its very worst.

Possibly the worst thing about Twitter is that it's encouraged comedians you always liked to talk about politics. Often I think the more controversial ones likes Frankie Boyle play up their leftie credentials as a way to counterbalance the claims they are gratuitously offensive.

Burney
01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
The massive investment, erm, sponsorship from General Dynamics was quite handy, I expect.

Oh, yes, but that's just the business. They all do that (apart from The Donald, of course).

No, I'm saying that Obama very deliberately and shrewdly harnessed the guilty white liberal vote and it was that that essentially put him and kept him in office despite him not really doing much.

Burney
01-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Yes, and you may also have noticed that despite seemingly spending hours each day whining about Brexit, he claimed he didn't have time to watch a ten minute video that showed up the misleading manipulation of the Remain campaign at its very worst.

Possibly the worst thing about Twitter is that it's encouraged comedians you always liked to talk about politics. Often I think the more controversial ones likes Frankie Boyle play up their leftie credentials as a way to counterbalance the claims they are gratuitously offensive.

My favourite one is when he bangs on about how we ought never to have been allowed a vote on Brexit, but somehow manages to convince himself that it's right for the Scots to have a vote on independence. He justifies this on the grounds that it's somehow a simple thing to break up a 300 year-old union, but impossibly complicated to break up a 40 year-old one. He just ends up sounding like a thick cünt, but can't see it, of course.

It's very annoying and is apt to put one off, but one has to just learn to appreciate what people do and sort of ignore who they are insofar as possible. That said, I have sort of stopped bothering with comedians since Brexit and now Trump.

Sir C
01-19-2017, 10:33 AM

It's not just comedians. Philippe Auclair spends all day wining about how Brexit apparently directed at him, personally, and that it's so unfair that he is going to be put into a concentration camp just outside Leominster. Or deported.

Burney
01-19-2017, 10:36 AM
It's not just comedians. Philippe Auclair spends all day wining about how Brexit apparently directed at him, personally, and that it's so unfair that he is going to be put into a concentration camp just outside Leominster. Or deported.

The hysteria is remarkable. Do people really imagine we're going to start pitchforking foreigners onto cattle trucks and dumping them in Calais? Mind you, the attitude from the same people to the story that OAP expats might get sent back is remarkably lacking in such sympathy, I note.

That said, Leominster's rather nice. I wouldn't mind being put in a camp there.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-19-2017, 10:39 AM

That **** arseblog is always retweeting stuff about trump or brexit.

Burney
01-19-2017, 10:45 AM
That **** arseblog is always retweeting stuff about trump or brexit.

I really can't remember a more divisive issue in British politics. Even the Thatcher years weren't like this. I perceive it in myself as well. I am now disinclined to listen to or consume the output of certain people I once respected on the basis that they have shown themselves to be utterly irrational and rabid on the subject of Brexit.

Ash
01-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Oh, yes, but that's just the business. They all do that (apart from The Donald, of course).

As redg pointed out, Trump made his money the honest way - by inheriting it. I guess thats why he thinks he can flick V signs at the corporates who expect to own him because normally they would have bought him.