PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'll say it: I hope Manchester City get battered on Saturday.

redgunamo
01-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Now, I'm no AKB but I find it monstrous that Wenger has got so much criticism for not winning the league lately, as though it was ever an easy thing to do.

Sod Spurs; they're not winning the league in any case.

Sir C
01-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Now, I'm no AKB but I find it monstrous that Wenger has got so much criticism for not winning the league lately, as though it was ever an easy thing to do.

Sod Spurs; they're not winning the league in any case.

Tottenham are now going to win the league and it's ALL YOUR BLOODY FAULT.

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2017, 03:15 PM
No - the sticky will save us. All hail the sticky

redgunamo
01-18-2017, 03:17 PM

They do look strong, to be fair :-(

Sir C
01-18-2017, 03:22 PM

I'll tell you what la, our next two look winnable, if Chelsea lose one of theirs and we go to Stamford Bridge 5 points, behind, leave 2 points behind with the momentum and the confidence pushing us on, by that time Welbz will be back to match fitness and..

As you were, I'm talking shíte.

Ash
01-18-2017, 03:35 PM

The Poch Effect will kick in after about 34 games and they knacker themselves out.

Chelsea it is, then.

PSRB
01-18-2017, 03:40 PM

Vertongen out for 10 weeks (6 after meds). They are a Kane injury from a rather large hole in their side.....they do have a very nice, balanced 1st XI though :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
01-18-2017, 03:40 PM
The Poch Effect will kick in after about 34 games and they knacker themselves out.

Chelsea it is, then.

The Europa League will **** them up too
:cloud9:

Ash
01-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Vertongen out for 10 weeks (6 after meds). They are a Kane injury from a rather large hole in their side.....they do have a very nice, balanced 1st XI though :-(

Didn't they do ok with Kane out before? Korean chappie stepped up ISTR.

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2017, 03:51 PM
Didn't they do ok with Kane out before? Korean chappie stepped up ISTR.

After they beat City last time they went on a run of 1 win in 10 games (all comps). Kane came back about half way through that

Ash
01-18-2017, 04:02 PM
After they beat City last time they went on a run of 1 win in 10 games (all comps). Kane came back about half way through that

Wasn't that during their fabulous Champs League campaign?

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Wasn't that during their fabulous Champs League campaign?

It was - it included home and away to Leverkusen, away to Monaco, Liverpool in the EFL Cup and six league games (five draws four defeats, only actually one loss in the league). They've gone on to win 9 of their last 10 games (7 in 8 in the league)

World's End Stella
01-18-2017, 04:09 PM

What kind of f*cking pervert supports Arsenal, knows all that AND speaks German?

Pat Vegas
01-18-2017, 04:10 PM
What kind of f*cking pervert supports Arsenal, knows all that AND speaks German?

Das Knowledge.

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2017, 04:13 PM

I need a drink

redgunamo
01-18-2017, 04:26 PM
I need a drink

We all do, after that. Total vollgeilles Wissen!

redgunamo
01-18-2017, 04:29 PM

Yes, they're ****ers basically.

SWv2
01-18-2017, 05:03 PM

Hold on, 1 win in 10 and they are still second (or third or fourth) in the League*?

*and on current form the best side I would suggest

redgunamo
01-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Hold on, 1 win in 10 and they are still second (or third or fourth) in the League*?

*and on current form the best side I would suggest

That's it! That's why this year's Premier League is so terrific. We and all our rivals keep winning and it's not doing any of us any good.

For example, Manchester United in sixth place, go on a six-game winning streak. After all that, still in sixth place.

It's on :homer:

SWv2
01-18-2017, 05:14 PM
That's it! That's why this year's Premier League is so terrific. We and all our rivals keep winning and it's not doing any of us any good.

For example, Manchester United in sixth place, go on a six-game winning streak. After all that, still in sixth place.

It's on :homer:

No, I disagree.

The way I currently see it I fear the final winner to come from the trio of Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool.

Each of those scenarios are unpleasant and when the least unpleasant scenario is Chelsea then the world is fúcked.

redgunamo
01-18-2017, 05:18 PM
No, I disagree.

The way I currently see it I fear the final winner to come from the trio of Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool.

Each of those scenarios are unpleasant and when the least unpleasant scenario is Chelsea then the world is fúcked.

Yeah, the best defence will win it, so they* are saying. So Chelsea or Spurs it is :-|

*ESPN. But they are American so what do they know of The Beautiful Game.

SWv2
01-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Yeah, the best defence will win it, so they* are saying. So Chelsea or Spurs it is :-|

*ESPN. But they are American so what do they know of The Beautiful Game.

But Chelsea have David Luiz, a player summarily dismissed by all.

redgunamo
01-18-2017, 05:28 PM

Plenty of time to learn how to defend when you play for PSG, imo. I suppose..

He plays within himself nowadays, from what I've seen. That's what every professional ought to do in any case actually.

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2017, 05:29 PM

Not all - Jorge was always a big fan

Re Spurs - it was only six league games in that ten and they drew four, and now they have done 6 in a row as others dropped points. They'll finish fourth

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-18-2017, 07:19 PM

It is the lack of Friday puns that is costing us

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
01-19-2017, 08:13 AM
It is the lack of Friday puns that is costing us
Hmmmm that is real old skool. Who were you on the old old old board then?