PDA

View Full Version : I can't be bothered to read all the Brexit stuff today. has some sort of time frame

Pat Vegas
01-17-2017, 03:55 PM
been put in place?

Sir C
01-17-2017, 04:02 PM
been put in place?

Yes, the wossname will be done in 73 days, then there will be 2 years of 'negotiations' and after that there will be a vote in parliament and after that there will be 'phased' changes.

It's all nonsense. It's never going to happen. They'll kick the can down the road until everyone has something better to worry about.

Pat Vegas
01-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Yes, the wossname will be done in 73 days, then there will be 2 years of 'negotiations' and after that there will be a vote in parliament and after that there will be 'phased' changes.

It's all nonsense. It's never going to happen. They'll kick the can down the road until everyone has something better to worry about.

So at least another 2 and a half years of rubbish exchange rates then?

Burney
01-17-2017, 04:03 PM

You're wrong about this, you know? I know you always say that, but you're wrong in this case.

Burney
01-17-2017, 04:05 PM
So at least another 2 and a half years of rubbish exchange rates then?

Actually, the exchange rate at the moment is looking better than it has for ages - rather proving what I said earlier about letting the markets get their panic out of the way early by briefing the press ahead of time.

Sir C
01-17-2017, 04:07 PM
You're wrong about this, you know? I know you always say that, but you're wrong in this case.

Fudge fudge fudge fudge. Even if we officially 'leave' the EU, there will be so many fudged conditions that things will remain essentially the same.

Obviously I could be wrong, I have no crystal ball. Nor, oddly, do you. So we'll just have to wait and see.

SWv2
01-17-2017, 04:12 PM
My only view on your so called Brexit is one of sympathy.

Sympathy for the poor bastárds who are charged with erecting borders between the 26 and 6 counties on this island.

I expect a large banner shall be erected simply stating "GLWTPIMO".

Sir C
01-17-2017, 04:14 PM

Sympathy for the poor bastárds who are charged with erecting borders between the 26 and 6 counties on this island.

They'll get some Poles in to do the job.

Oh.

Sir C
01-17-2017, 04:15 PM
Actually, the exchange rate at the moment is looking better than it has for ages - rather proving what I said earlier about letting the markets get their panic out of the way early by briefing the press ahead of time.

I'm not sure a point here or there is going to do him much good tbh.

Luis Anaconda
01-17-2017, 04:16 PM

I believe the North are having a few governmental issues at the moment - good time to invade, take her back

Sir C
01-17-2017, 04:17 PM
I believe the North are having a few governmental issues at the moment - good time to invade, take her back

Lols, a bunch of píssed up Micks up against a steaming horde of bowler-hatted mental cases? :hehe:

How's that going to work out then?

Burney
01-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Fudge fudge fudge fudge. Even if we officially 'leave' the EU, there will be so many fudged conditions that things will remain essentially the same.

Obviously I could be wrong, I have no crystal ball. Nor, oddly, do you. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Of course, but I think you underestimate the political force behind it now. Oddly, I was thinking the other day that your scenario would have been much more plausible had Remain voters not quite so comprehensively lost their shït after the vote. By doing so, they actually helped to entrench everyone's positions much further and made compromise much more difficult. I just think that too many bridges have been burned for it not to happen now.

Burney
01-17-2017, 04:19 PM

It's having its best day since 2008. :shrug:

Pat Vegas

Actually the exchange rate with Canadian dollar was a concern when I had my original plan. That's out the window.
It was £1 = $1.82 for a long time now it's $1.62ish

We do have a small mortgage in Italy. so the payments each month have only varied about £20 a month during this Brexit phase.

as usual I make it all about myself :)

are there events that would possibly make buying a house a bit more affordable? as this doesn't seem to have been affected so far.

Luis Anaconda
Lols, a bunch of píssed up Micks up against a steaming horde of bowler-hatted mental cases? :hehe:

How's that going to work out then?

Probably more interesting than the Premier League at the moment

Pat Vegas
01-17-2017, 04:20 PM
It's having its best day since 2008. :shrug:

I thought it's best increase on the dollar since 2008

SWv2

Send in the Irish Army.

:-|

Sir C
Of course, but I think you underestimate the political force behind it now. Oddly, I was thinking the other day that your scenario would have been much more plausible had Remain voters not quite so comprehensively lost their shït after the vote. By doing so, they actually helped to entrench everyone's positions much further and made compromise much more difficult. I just think that too many bridges have been burned for it not to happen now.

You may be right, but I suspect that people's ire will fade as the months go by and eventually everyone will just be pissed off with the whole thing. Maybe.

Burney
01-17-2017, 04:21 PM

Just do what the Frogs do and let us have border posts at your airports and ports instead and - hey presto - no need for a hard border.

Alternatively, you could just abandon this rather silly independence idea and come back to daddy like good little boys and girls. ;-)

redgunamo
01-17-2017, 04:23 PM

Are you not enjoying the PL then? I think it's terrific, especially chuckling at Pep (despite the fact he and Bravo will no doubt sort themselves out in time).

We're in with a great chance too.

Burney
01-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Send in the Irish Army.

:-|

Did you see this, sw? Personally, I'm outraged. Are you paying us for this service?

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/royal-air-force-asked-defend-ireland/

redgunamo
01-17-2017, 04:26 PM

*******s !!!!

Sir C
01-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Did you see this, sw? Personally, I'm outraged. Are you paying us for this service?

Jesus Q Christ. And after they betrayed us to Hitler.

Spongers.

Burney
01-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Jesus Q Christ. And after they betrayed us to Hitler.

Spongers.

I guess it makes sense to shoot them down over Ireland rather than let them endanger anywhere important.

Luis Anaconda
01-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Are you not enjoying the PL then? I think it's terrific, especially chuckling at Pep (despite the fact he and Bravo will no doubt sort themselves out in time).

I think I overdosed a bit on football over Christmas, r. Seemed to be about two games a day on. I also watched both EFL cup semi final first legs :Hide: In the pub of course. Could summon no enthusiasm for Sunday's games. Though will always watch ours

SWv2
01-17-2017, 04:40 PM

You may try and paint it as protecting us but in reality you are simply protecting yourselves.

Wd us for getting some free protection though I doubt many of these lunatic terrorists have any beef with us.

SWv2
01-17-2017, 04:40 PM

Good man R, a genuine LOL moment in a sea of misery and Brexit fuelled concern.

redgunamo
01-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Good man R, a genuine LOL moment in a sea of misery and Brexit fuelled concern.

If Manchester City think they can win the Premier League with *that* defence, why not us?

And I reckon Bayern Munich will want to watch out and all.

redgunamo
01-17-2017, 05:51 PM
I think I overdosed a bit on football over Christmas, r. Seemed to be about two games a day on. I also watched both EFL cup semi final first legs :Hide: In the pub of course. Could summon no enthusiasm for Sunday's games. Though will always watch ours

Oh, right. Fair enough then.

Personally, I overdosed on the mother- in-law's plum pudding.

And I'd happily do it all again tomorrow. Delicious.