PDA

View Full Version : I see Sky Arts have pulled the thing where Joseph Fiennes plays Michael Jackson

Burney
01-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Not sure when we got so sensitive about the depiction of dead páedophiles, but there you go.

As a compromise I would propose they do one about Jimmy Savile and have Lenny Henry play him. Then it's all fair.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Not sure when we got so sensitive about the depiction of dead páedophiles, but there you go.

As a compromise I would propose they do one about Jimmy Savile and have Lenny Henry play him. Then it's all fair.

Oh, shame. Brian Cox looked terrific as Brando and that saucy old bird from "Grease" ("Stockyard" Something?) seemed to work well as late-vintage Elizabeth Taylor, imo.

Oh, and Eddie Marsan!

Burney
01-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Oh, shame. Brian Cox looked terrific as Brando and that saucy old bird from "Grease" ("Stockyard" Something?) seemed to work well as late-vintage Elizabeth Taylor, imo.

Oh, and Eddie Marsan!

It does seem incredibly spineless to have gone to all the trouble of making it and publicising it only to pull it a few days before it airs.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 03:51 PM
It does seem incredibly spineless to have gone to all the trouble of making it and publicising it only to pull it a few days before it airs.

Americans don't like it up 'em clearly.

Fiennes is British, of course, but how many of *our* icons have been portrayed by Yanks, like that Streep shrew playing Lady Thatcher.

And do you hear us complaining.

SWv2
01-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Probably replace it with some Andre Rieu *******s.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Probably replace it with some Andre Rieu *******s.

OK, what have you got against him? Arsenal legend, imo. Is it because he's English?

Or German?

Dutch even?

http://images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/58/photos/96000/620x/20096.jpg

SWv2
01-13-2017, 03:59 PM
OK, what have you got against him?

I have nothing against him, he just seems to be on Sky Arts an awful lot, too often some may say.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 04:09 PM
I have nothing against him, he just seems to be on Sky Arts an awful lot, too often some may say.

I was just trying to be funny. They both look the same, to me :-(

Ash
01-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Fiennes is British, of course, but how many of *our* icons have been portrayed by Yanks, like that Streep shrew playing Lady Thatcher.

Tyrion Lannister*.

(*made-up character, but still English)

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Jaime Lannister*.

(*made-up character, but still English)

Heimdall too. Made-up Scandanavian, ruined by Hollywood.

And the British obviously.

Burney
01-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Americans don't like it up 'em clearly.

And do you hear us complaining.

I just finished watching The Crown, in which Jon Lithgow absolutely bum-rapes the corpse of Churchill with his portrayal. Truly dreadful.

Otherwise rather good, though. Mind you, my view may be coloured somewhat by the fact that the actress who plays Princess Margaret is an absolute cracker :love:

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 04:43 PM
I just finished watching The Crown, in which Jon Lithgow absolutely bum-rapes the corpse of Churchill with his portrayal. Truly dreadful.

Otherwise rather good, though. Mind you, my view may be coloured somewhat by the fact that the actress who plays Princess Margaret is an absolute cracker :love:

Oh dear. Just watched the trailer :-|

Burney
01-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Oh dear. Just watched the trailer :-|

Yes, but...

Seriously, though, it's pretty well written and the lady playing HMTQ does rather a good job, as does thon Dr Who chap as Pheelip.

eastgermanautos
01-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Yes, but...

Seriously, though, it's pretty well written and the lady playing HMTQ does rather a good job, as does thon Dr Who chap as Pheelip.

She's aight. Nothing *so fvkcing unbelievable. Steered clear of that on netflix, me.