PDA

View Full Version : Do people actually send off the warranty thing you get with appliances?

Pat Vegas
01-13-2017, 11:14 AM
I was a having a tidy up and found I keep all sort of other crap that I don't need.
Receipts for everything.

My tool box is also full of random bits and bobs that I will never use such as those things they give you to attach furniture to the wall. :hehe: I never do that.
This give you an indication i buy cheap furniture.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 11:16 AM
I was a having a tidy up and found I keep all sort of other crap that I don't need.
Receipts for everything.

My tool box is also full of random bits and bobs that I will never use such as those things they give you to attach furniture to the wall. :hehe: I never do that.

Are you nesting, P, preparing for the patter of tiny paws?

Pat Vegas
01-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Are you nesting, P, preparing for the patter of tiny paws?

Nah otherwise I would use those bolts to attach things to the walls.

I am trying to be more organised as I can never find anything. Putting up the Christmas decorations I could not find the extension chord I bought the previous Christmas so had to get another one. Now I have found the original.

I'm not a hoarder but I keep the strangest things I just found old windscreen wipers from my previous car in the cupboard. what the hell do I want them for.

PSRB
01-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Receipts for everything.

I've just killed yet another tumble dryer, might actually bother with a warranty this time :furious:

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:25 AM
I've just killed yet another tumble dryer, might actually bother with a warranty this time :furious:

Did you put trainers in it? That usually does the trick. As does stuffing them to bursting with wet sheets

PSRB
01-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Did you put trainers in it? That usually does the trick. As does stuffing them to bursting with wet sheets

The latter, although it was clothes......and surely that's the whole point of the sodding appliance

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:32 AM
The latter, although it was clothes......and surely that's the whole point of the sodding appliance

So basically you've burnt out the motor because the drum couldn't actually turn round? :hehe:

Billy Goat Sverige
01-13-2017, 11:34 AM
Receipts for everything.

We did it for the baby's pram but that was a three year one. For electrical stuff i usually bin them.

SWv2
01-13-2017, 11:38 AM
I would have thought the concept of “sending off” warranty is now a thing of the past with surely all retailers sending you online to do so.

Essentially a means of capturing data to allow them (or selected partners) to market products and services to you. The old style paper format warranty cards with the tiny wee almost hidden opt-out boxes were gold dust to less scrupulous operators in the DM business.

PSRB
01-13-2017, 11:40 AM
So basically you've burnt out the motor because the drum couldn't actually turn round? :hehe:

Well no, not quite.....it turns and spins but no heat, which for a dryer is pretty ****ing useless

Pat Vegas
01-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Well no, not quite.....it turns and spins but no heat, which for a dryer is pretty ****ing useless

You might as well us it as a massive salad spinner.

Dryers are a mystery to me. Mine has random results. You can put something on for hours and it doesn't seem to get dry.
Yet just another 30 mins does the trick.

Then my mind plays tricks on me with stuff like sheets I can never quite sure if they are dry or if it's just because they are a bit steamy. or the seem dry you take it out and there is a wet patch.

Also i find it odd that I can operate all sorts of electronics but simple instructions by wife for the washing machine go over my head.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-13-2017, 11:44 AM
I would have thought the concept of “sending off” warranty is now a thing of the past with surely all retailers sending you online to do so.

Essentially a means of capturing data to allow them (or selected partners) to market products and services to you. The old style paper format warranty cards with the tiny wee almost hidden opt-out boxes were gold dust to less scrupulous operators in the DM business.

That's true. I once did a warranty thing online for my dad and now i get emails from Morphy Richards every ****ing morning.

PSRB
01-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Dryers are a mystery to me. Mine has random results. You can put something on for hours and it doesn't seem to get dry.
Yet just another 30 mins does the trick.

Then my mind plays tricks on me with stuff like sheets I can never quite sure if they are dry or if it's just because they are a bit steamy. or the seem dry you take it out and there is a wet patch.

Also i find it odd that I can operate all sorts of electronics but simple instructions by wife for the washing machine go over my head.

I'm actually going to fork out for a decent one, rather than one that provides results like you've just mentioned

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm actually going to fork out for a decent one, rather than one that provides results like you've just mentioned

Can I suggest leaving it to your missus in future? Women understand these things. I still won't touch the washing machine. It terrifies me.

PSRB
01-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Can I suggest leaving it to your missus in future? Women understand these things. I still won't touch the washing machine. It terrifies me.

Obviously I would normally but she's been away on a course and I've been left to fend for myself. So far, killed the tumble dryer, washing machine wouldn't turn on (fixed), both kids have conjuntivitis and the baby had a temperature of 39.3 last night, so I've had **** all sleep

Pat Vegas
01-13-2017, 11:51 AM

we used to have a washer dryer.
I may have got the dryer time and the temperature mixed up once.

plus the stupid machine has too many options.
Easy iron, **** off.

I just stick it on number 7 every time.

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Obviously I would normally but she's been away on a course and I've been left to fend for myself. So far, killed the tumble dryer, washing machine wouldn't turn on (fixed), both kids have conjuntivitis and the baby had a temperature of 39.3 last night, so I've had **** all sleep

So your wife will come home to diseased kids, wet clothes, a dead tumble dryer and a frazzled husband?

That'll teach her to duck out on her responsibilities imo.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 12:09 PM
So your wife will come home to diseased kids, wet clothes, a dead tumble dryer and a frazzled husband?

That'll teach her to duck out on her responsibilities imo.

Oh, no, it won't. Women's Lib and a' that.

Ash
01-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Oh, no, it won't. Women's Lib and a' that.

Has it reached Redgunamo Towers though?

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Has it reached Redgunamo Towers though?

No. Grown-ups are in charge here; those of men that appreciate "consequences".