PDA

View Full Version : Just on the Taylor thing, I'm not sure people realise just how good John Barnes was.

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:09 AM
He was head and shoulders above most other players in the league for most of the 1980s. When we were playing Liverpool, you always shat yourself a bit when he was on the ball in a way you didn't with others.

So, in short, well done John Barnes.

SWv2
01-13-2017, 11:12 AM
He was head and shoulders above most other players in the league for most of the 1980s. When we were playing Liverpool, you always shat yourself a bit when he was on the ball in a way you didn't with others.

Did well in the New Order video also.

Football content: Good player but an utter ****. See the entire Liverpool team of that era. Every one of them.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 11:14 AM

I thought you were on about "Sir" Luther Blissett :homer:

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:18 AM
Did well in the New Order video also.

Football content: Good player but an utter ****. See the entire Liverpool team of that era. Every one of them.

I'm trying to think who I hated most in those sides. Steve Nicol, Ronnie Moran, Ray Houghton and Steve McMahon were all cünts. Rush's habit of metronomically scoring goals over and over again was quite cüntish, but he himself was too boring a human to hate properly.

Overall, though, I think it has to be either Aldridge or Grobelaar who was the biggest cünt.

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:20 AM

Well he wasn't half a bad player to find in your youth setup either.

Of course the almost-certainly apocryphal story when he went to Milan was that the order had been to sign the black guy from Watford and they came back with the wrong black guy. :hehe:

SWv2
01-13-2017, 11:33 AM

Of course the almost-certainly apocryphal story when he went to Milan was that the order had been to sign the black guy from Watford and they came back with the wrong black guy. :hehe:

Aldridge, without any doubt.

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Aldridge, without any doubt.

He was distressingly scouse. And he was a sort of less good but more irritating version of Ian Rush.

Mind you, Grobelaar was -a war criminal who took bungs and thought he was fücking fantastic. I think I have to give him the cünt crown.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 11:39 AM

It's certainly possible, isn't it.

SWv2
01-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Kolo / Yaya ?

Burney
01-13-2017, 11:45 AM

It would certainly explain a lot. Although Luther got the last laugh because John Barnes never had an anarcho-syndicalist writers' collective who actually wrote rather a decent novel about the wars of religion in Early Modern Europe named after him, did he?

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2017, 11:55 AM

:hehe: I'm glad I read this before posting a similar thing in the other thread

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm trying to think who I hated most in those sides. Steve Nicol, Ronnie Moran, Ray Houghton and Steve McMahon were all cünts. Rush's habit of metronomically scoring goals over and over again was quite cüntish, but he himself was too boring a human to hate properly.

Overall, though, I think it has to be either Aldridge or Grobelaar who was the biggest cünt.
Ronnie Whelan surely - and he was the biggest ****. I always quite liked Bruce - being the weak link in a very strong team helped

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Kolo / Yaya ?

Kimble/Kumble?

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2017, 12:05 PM

Beardsley as well - magnificent player, tends to be forgotten these days, but was one of the best. Shame they never really got to play in Europe while at the top of their game. Mind you, also quite serves them right as they went to play for the team responsible for getting us banned

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 12:05 PM
It would certainly explain a lot. Although Luther got the last laugh because John Barnes never had an anarcho-syndicalist writers' collective who actually wrote rather a decent novel about the wars of religion in Early Modern Europe named after him, did he?

Neither did Barnes get to sing backing vocals on Bowie's "Young Americans" LP. Well done Luther, imo.

Burney
01-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Beardsley as well - magnificent player, tends to be forgotten these days, but was one of the best. Shame they never really got to play in Europe while at the top of their game. Mind you, also quite serves them right as they went to play for the team responsible for getting us banned

Yes. In combination they could be devastatingly good. Many's the time I cursed them for it, of course.

SWv2
01-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Ronnie Whelan surely - and he was the biggest ****. I always quite liked Bruce - being the weak link in a very strong team helped

If it brings any solace to you let me make you aware that RW is still a massive, grade A ****.

His frequent pundit appearances on Irish television would have one swearing more than usual (and then clearly having to apologise / point out that it is not clever etc).

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2017, 12:17 PM
If it brings any solace to you let me make you aware that RW is still a massive, grade A ****.

His frequent pundit appearances on Irish television would have one swearing more than usual (and then clearly having to apologise / point out that it is not clever etc).
I am well aware of this unfortunately - the Whelan bit, not your profanities

Burney
01-13-2017, 12:19 PM
I am well aware of this unfortunately - the Whelan bit, not your profanities

My abiding memory will always be of him in the background during the 0-2 in 89 when the ref's talking to someone else and Whelan is in the background with his gob open looking like a total fücking mong.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-13-2017, 12:25 PM
****er Whelan listens to the linesman talking the the referee after the first goal
He goes for a pressure talk with the linesman after the goal has been given

Burney
01-13-2017, 12:29 PM
****er Whelan listens to the linesman talking the the referee after the first goal
He goes for a pressure talk with the linesman after the goal has been given

That's it. It's a while since I watched it due to VHS having ceased to be a viable format.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Liverpool cunds were Aldridge,Dalglish,Moran,Whelan,Mcmahon,Nicol,Barne s,diverRush,Vension,Hanson

Peter and Bruce were not cunds

IUFG
01-13-2017, 12:36 PM
No Jan Molby in there?

IUFG
01-13-2017, 12:41 PM
I was at the Southampton game after Grobelaar was given his suspended ban.

Paul Dickov took the worst pelanty I have ever seen.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-13-2017, 12:41 PM
His pens always scared me

Burney
01-13-2017, 12:44 PM
I was at the Southampton game after Grobelaar was given his suspended ban.

Paul Dickov took the worst pelanty I have ever seen.

I remember that. It was a dire game and that should've got us three points. We had the blue strip then, I think.

I assume we're saying Dickov missed on purpose and not just because he was shíte?

IUFG
01-13-2017, 12:47 PM
iirc (drink had been taken) Dickov started the ball well to the right of the right hand upright and bent it away . . .

in short, Dickov was dodgy*. There, I've said it.

* or ****

Viva Prat Vegas
01-13-2017, 12:49 PM
I remember that. It was a dire game and that should've got us three points. We had the blue strip then, I think.

I assume we're saying Dickov missed on purpose and not just because he was shíte?

It was a **** day
Jimmy Carter fell over when he was warming up :hehe:

Viva Prat Vegas
01-13-2017, 12:50 PM
iirc (drink had been taken) Dickov started the ball well to the right of the right hand upright and bent it away . . .

in short, Dickov was dodgy*. There, I've said it.

* or ****

Dickov missed because he was pissed ?

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2017, 12:50 PM
No Jan Molby in there?

Good lad, Jan - actually an Arsenal fan. Remember he causing a fuss when he said a few years back that he looked for Arsenal scores before Liverpool ones these days

IUFG
01-13-2017, 01:16 PM
A pissed person could have made a better strike imo

IUFG
01-13-2017, 01:21 PM
found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5khcIRCTj0

4:06 the camera angle makes it look better than it was :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2017, 01:33 PM
found it

Jesus wept - never seen that before. He must have missed that deliberately

Burney
01-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Yes. Going for the right hand corner by hitting it with the outside of your right foot is - to put it extremely charitably - a high-risk manoeuvre. :hehe:

Ash
01-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Yes. Going for the right hand corner by hitting it with the outside of your right foot is - to put it extremely charitably - a high-risk manoeuvre. :hehe:

Not if you practice it enough imo. #littlemozart

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 02:40 PM

Grobbelaar's people leaned on him, do you mean?

PSRB
01-13-2017, 03:04 PM

McMahon, all day, every day

Burney
01-13-2017, 03:13 PM
McMahon, all day, every day

The question of who was the biggest cünt in 80s/90s LFC is certainly prompting some lively debate. Seems we all have our favourites.

IUFG
01-13-2017, 03:23 PM
yep he was particularly odious

PSRB
01-13-2017, 03:41 PM
yep he was particularly odious

Just a **** Souness

Burney
01-13-2017, 03:48 PM
Just a **** Souness

Souness was more terrifying than he was an actual cünt imo. He seemed to be permanently in the grip of a psychotic episode.

PSRB
01-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Souness was more terrifying than he was an actual cünt imo. He seemed to be permanently in the grip of a psychotic episode.

Souness was also an exceptionally talented player as well as being quite terrifying

World's End Stella
01-13-2017, 03:52 PM
found it

Jaysus lord has the PL ever seen a worse player than Frances Benali, god he was shocking :hehe:

For those of you who haven't played at a sufficiently high level, Dickov shaped his body and foot to hit it into the top left corner but tried to play it with the outside of his foot into the top right corner.

He got the first bit right, and the second bit badly wrong.

redgunamo
Souness was also an exceptionally talented player as well as being quite terrifying

He's terrific on the telly. And was a proper midfielder* too.

*Not a fanny dancer.

SWv2

Good pundit as it goes.

IUFG
01-13-2017, 03:57 PM
mad as a box of frogs imo

Ash
01-13-2017, 04:12 PM
He's terrific on the telly. And was a proper midfielder* too.

*Not a fanny dancer.

:nod: Speaks with clarity, precision and menace.

*Elbowy cùnt.

redgunamo
01-13-2017, 04:23 PM
:nod: Speaks with clarity, precision and menace.

*Elbowy cùnt.

:nono: Twelve stones of Highland barbed wire, as Bill McClaren would say.