Rich
01-11-2017, 10:44 AM
*coming from the west.

Anyway... Snow :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2017, 10:47 AM
*coming from the west.

Pah - had snow for weeks here *. Powdery rubbish which is no good for snowballs though.

*10 days

Pat Vegas
01-11-2017, 10:53 AM
*coming from the west.

Always fun watching the country grind to a halt.

PSRB
01-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Always fun watching the country grind to a halt.

Meh, they always say we'll get loads and we just end up with an afternoon of slushy sleet. Last proper dump was 7 years ago when they said we'll get a light sprinkling and woke up to a foot of the stuff

World's End Stella
01-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Meh, they always say we'll get loads and we just end up with an afternoon of slushy sleet. Last proper dump was 7 years ago when they said we'll get a light sprinkling and woke up to a foot of the stuff

One of my favourite days ever after moving into the village. No f*cker could get out of Shamley Green for the life of them, cars stuck in the B road all over the place. Trains not running, buses not running, superb.

Bacon sarnies with the kids, two hours sledding in the Surrey downs and then 7 consecutive hours in the village pub swilling real ale next to roaring fires.

:cloud9:

Pat Vegas
01-11-2017, 11:16 AM

The media are notorious for their 'Fake Snow' stories.

I remember when snow delayed our little potential superstar Arshavin.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-11-2017, 11:23 AM
*coming from the west.

We've just had a class 2 snow warning issued.

Från onsdag kväll fram till torsdag eftermiddag snöfall som i östra delen av Västernorrland kan ge 15-30 cm. Detta i kombination med tidvis frisk sydostlig vind.

Ash
01-11-2017, 11:26 AM

Which was the year that Stoke at home was called off? A fair bit of sner then ISTR. Highgate looked quite beautiful.

This might be more of a Mr Anaconda question tbf.

Pat Vegas
01-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Which was the year that Stoke at home was called off? A fair bit of sner then ISTR. Highgate looked quite beautiful.

:nod: We always seem to play stoke at home in December. Though statistics tell me otherwise.
It feels like we often play Stoke and Man City in December.

SWv2
01-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Snow is *******s.

I say this based on living where I do, an essentially non-snow friendly environment where the **** falls from the sky and then the **** hits the fan, normal life grinds to an almost slow halt.

Also it is cold and wet and beyond that initial 1 millisecond reaction when you first see it and thinks “oh that’s nice” it is essentially *******s.

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2017, 12:08 PM

2010 - I remember coming back from Australia to a Wintery Wonderland. Shock to the system that was, I can tell you