PDA

View Full Version : This Trump thing is genuinely hilarious.

Burney
01-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Trump opponents spend a year complaining about fake news and misinformation and then leap gleefully onto a blatantly false 'dossier' that reputable news outlets have passed on because it doesn't meet any of the criteria necessary for ethical publication and that even the people who've published it admit is almost certainly böllocks. Said critics then say things like 'What's sauce for the goose...' while apparently failing to appreciate how utterly they undermine their position by doing so.

The world really is quite fun at the moment. :hehe:

Ash
01-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Trump opponents spend a year complaining about fake news and misinformation and then leap gleefully onto a blatantly false 'dossier' that reputable news outlets have passed on because it doesn't meet any of the criteria necessary for ethical publication and that even the people who've published it admit is almost certainly böllocks. Said critics then say things like 'What's sauce for the goose...' while apparently failing to appreciate how utterly they undermine their position by doing so.

Unsurprisingly John McCain's fingerprints are literally on the dossier.

Burney
01-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Unsurprisingly John McCain's fingerprints are literally on the dossier.

Oh, it's been around for ages. The CIA have been showing it to anyone they can. It seems that basically everyone has seen it, but only Buzzfeed have been stupid enough to publish it following encouragement by CNN.

Pat Vegas
01-11-2017, 10:26 AM

I notice this 'Fake news' term thrown around a lot.

It's the new 'conspiracy theory' which automatically dismisses any item as tin foil hat wearing nonsense.

so easy to throw it about. anything you don't like just call it 'Fake news'

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Oh, it's been around for ages. The CIA have been showing it to anyone they can. It seems that basically everyone has seen it, but only Buzzfeed have been stupid enough to publish it following encouragement by CNN.

I just saw the word buzzfeed and ignored the story

Burney
01-11-2017, 10:30 AM
I notice this 'Fake news' term thrown around a lot.

It's the new 'conspiracy theory' which automatically dismisses any item as tin foil hat wearing nonsense.

so easy to throw it about. anything you don't like just call it 'Fake news'

Sure, but when you have something that doesn't meet a single one of the criteria necessary for ethical publication, has no source, clear factual errors and no corroborating evidence whatsoever, I'd say it's appropriate.

SWv2
01-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Sure, but when you have something that doesn't meet a single one of the criteria necessary for ethical publication, has no source, clear factual errors and no corroborating evidence whatsoever, I'd say it's appropriate.

Fake news is the basis on which the majority of football transfer reporting is founded.

Pat Vegas
01-11-2017, 10:39 AM

For sure. I haven't read the article in question but if it's complete nonsense it will just add extra strength to the 'Fake News' term. quite handy for future occurrences.

Chief Arrowhead
01-11-2017, 04:15 PM

I find many flaws in this report. It never details whether Trump was pissing on the hookers or they were pissing on him. Critical details missing, imo.

Burney
01-11-2017, 04:30 PM
I find many flaws in this report. It never details whether Trump was pissing on the hookers or they were pissing on him. Critical details missing, imo.

Well they seem just to have been pissing on the bed because Obama and his missus once slept in it. Thing is, it's not even good fake news.

Chief Arrowhead
01-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Well they seem just to have been pissing on the bed because Obama and his missus once slept in it. Thing is, it's not even good fake news.

Tell you what, if the media gimps keep this up, in 2020 Trump will win 48 states. Since the election I've had many folks tell me that they weren't all that keen on Trump but voted #NeverHillary, but after all the **** since then they are strong supporters. I include myself in that category as well. It's shocking to me that they still don't get it. If they would just back off the crap and evaluate Trump on his actions in a rational manner, then they might get people to question his moves. But doing it like this only raises their support for him.