PDA

View Full Version : I really not sure the President-elect should be on Twitter, at least not without

PSRB
01-09-2017, 12:21 PM
a professional PR/Marketing team.

http://news.sky.com/story/streep-tells-globes-that-trump-disabled-mockery-broke-my-heart-10722773

redgunamo
01-09-2017, 12:33 PM

http://news.sky.com/story/streep-tells-globes-that-trump-disabled-mockery-broke-my-heart-10722773

It's actually genius strategery.

The only people who take it seriously are the very people he's trolling anyway and none of what he says there carries any real weight, legally or politically. It's Twitter, after all, not the Old Bailey; essentially harmless banter.

Still, it allows him to dominate the news cycle, as and when he pleases, and forces his opponents to respond, just to stay in the game, often on topics they'd rather not draw wider attention to their positions and views on.

And it encourages his supporters.

In short, well done, The Donald, imo.

IUFG
01-09-2017, 12:34 PM
meh. He'll probably be impeached within 6 months...

PSRB
01-09-2017, 12:35 PM

Quite, he's going to post something in a fit of pique that he really shouldn't

redgunamo
01-09-2017, 12:35 PM

Exactly. Just as well to go for it.

Burney
01-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Personally, I'm a massive fan of the Donald's twitter efforts. He upsets all the right people, which is really the point of him.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Quite frankly, anyone who overuses the exclamation mark as much as he does should be banned from holding high office, anyway

Burney
01-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Quite frankly, anyone who overuses the exclamation mark as much as he does should be banned from holding high office, anyway

I actually love the fact that his tweets are written exactly as he speaks - or vice versa. This, for instance:

I never "mocked" a disabled reporter (would never do that) :hehe:

Meryl Streep can fûck off. Donald's much more entertaining.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2017, 12:47 PM
I actually love the fact that his tweets are written exactly as he speaks - or vice versa. This, for instance:

:hehe:

Meryl Streep can fûck off. Donald's much more entertaining.
Yes - he has a language all of his own, which is quite impressive.

You just see the headline "Streep slams Trump" and thought - "Yeah - that's going to make a difference". At least Hugh Laurie did it humorously

Tony C
01-09-2017, 12:51 PM
bit of a dilemma for Twitter...can't lifetime ban him like they did Sir Milo...they spent most of last year unverifing and banning anyone with strong Republican / Trump views.

redgunamo
01-09-2017, 01:17 PM

Not easy, LA. He owns the building; it has his name on the front and everything.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
01-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Trump impeached? Unless he's caught in flagrante delecto with a disabled orphan child I think he's untouchable. He's Nosher Powell in "Eat The Rich".

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Trump impeached? Unless he's caught in flagrante delecto with a disabled orphan child I think he's untouchable. He's Nosher Powell in "Eat The Rich".

:hehe: Without the charm, maybe, but a very good comparison, h

Ash
01-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Or visisted by the man on the grassy knoll.

PSRB
01-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Or visisted by the man on the grassy knoll.

Highly unlikely, he's mad for as much NSA, CIA stuff as he can get......Hillary is more likely to suffer that fate!

Ash
01-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Highly unlikely, he's mad for as much NSA, CIA stuff as he can get......Hillary is more likely to suffer that fate!

Um, it's primarily the CIA that are claiming the Russians hacked the DNC Servers, which is being reported as hacking the election itself, despite the evidence contradicting this claim (from Assange & our old pal Craig Murray). Trump has pledged to reform the CIA, reducing its size and changing its role. The CIA is at the very centre of the regime-change policy which Trump supposedly intends to stop. They are very much part of the swamp he wants to drain.

PSRB
01-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Um, it's primarily the CIA that are claiming the Russians hacked the DNC Servers, which is being reported as hacking the election itself, despite the evidence contradicting this claim (from Assange & our old pal Craig Murray). Trump has pledged to reform the CIA, reducing its size and changing its role. The CIA is at the very centre of the regime-change policy which Trump supposedly intends to stop. They are very much part of the swamp he wants to drain.

Was MI6 that tipped them off

Chief Arrowhead
01-09-2017, 05:39 PM

When the mantra began, "17 intelligence agencies have verified that the Russians.." my first thought was... "What the eff do we have 17 different spy agencies for?" .. and all of them have reached the exact same conclusion? so THAT'S why something like the Iraq WMD and Benghazi debacle can happen. Government groupthink.

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
01-10-2017, 12:31 AM
We should all be prepared for the worst and not be shocked by it.

He will no doubt nuke any country refusing to pay for and build one of his golf courses or hotels

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
01-10-2017, 12:32 AM
When the mantra began, "17 intelligence agencies have verified that the Russians.." my first thought was... "What the eff do we have 17 different spy agencies for?" .. and all of them have reached the exact same conclusion? so THAT'S why something like the Iraq WMD and Benghazi debacle can happen. Government groupthink.

Do you assume they all do exactly the same thing or that they might just have different remits?