redgunamo
01-09-2017, 12:38 PM
How was your weekend?

Recovering from New York, even though we came back weeks ago, I thought :-(

Good morning to you, too, P.

IUFG
01-09-2017, 12:39 PM
morning, f.

It was ok until I watched The Arsenal. What another bag of ****e...

Still, I have leftover Chicken Bengal for lunch :eat:

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2017, 12:43 PM
How was your weekend?

Good thanks, p - very cold here. Got down to about -15 at one point but lots of snow. So an excuse to stay indoors and drink in other words. I've also just noticed my new avatar - someone has been a busy boy over Christmas

Burney
01-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Good thanks, p - very cold here. Got down to about -15 at one point but lots of snow. So an excuse to stay indoors and drink in other words. I've also just noticed my new avatar - someone has been a busy boy over Christmas

It's mild here. Another win for Brexit imo. :nod:

PSRB
01-09-2017, 12:48 PM

Snow forecast for later in the week, wednesday onwards

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2017, 12:50 PM

:vsign: How are the Express filling their pages if there is no cataclysmic weather on the way

Actually it is 0 at the moment - feels mild

IUFG
01-09-2017, 12:51 PM
bloody forriners and their snow, etc

Billy Goat Sverige
01-09-2017, 12:52 PM
How was your weekend?

Didn't do much. Dragged my boy around on his sledge for an hour or so on Saturday. His lips started to turn blue at one point so it was time to take him home :hehe:

Ash
01-09-2017, 01:08 PM
:vsign: How are the Express filling their pages if there is no cataclysmic weather on the way

With copious exclamation marks and impending cataclysmic weather, I think.

redgunamo
01-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Didn't do much. Dragged my boy around on his sledge for an hour or so on Saturday. His lips started to turn blue at one point so it was time to take him home :hehe:

That's actually an honest, decent pass-time, if you live somewhere that has proper snowfall.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-09-2017, 01:24 PM
That's actually an honest, decent pass-time, if you live somewhere that has proper snowfall.

He loved it for the most part. Just gutted he's not old enough yet to have an excuse to buy one of these.

http://www.snowracers.net/images/sno_action1.jpg

Ash
01-09-2017, 02:41 PM
How was your weekend?

Was talking to someone who lives in Belsize Park. He was wondering why the lifts at the station are numbered 2,3 and 4. Where is lift #1? I conjectured that lift #1 might possibly be a staff lift which passengers can't see.

What sayeth thou?

Pat Vegas
01-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Was talking to someone who lives in Belsize Park. He was wondering why the lifts at the station are numbered 2,3 and 4. Where is lift #1? I conjectured that lift #1 might possibly be a staff lift which passengers can't see.

What sayeth thou?

That's a good question. Though London Underground is not a popular topic today.

I don't know the answer.
Though there is Belsize park deep level shelter next to it. Not that may have anything to do with it.

Ash
01-09-2017, 03:03 PM
That's a good question. Though London Underground is not a popular topic today.

Tell you what, Clive. Those RMT lads need to stop fannying about and go in hard - let the bosses know they're there. A two week strke would see whether this city has got any backbone or not.

Burney
01-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Tell you what, Clive. Those RMT lads need to stop fannying about and go in hard - let the bosses know they're there. A two week strke would see whether this city has got any backbone or not.

Thing is, they know they can't actually push it that hard. If they do, they would give LU nothing to lose and create the public will for the introduction of driverless trains (which should have happened years ago) and that would be the end of their nice, cushy, wildly overpaid little gig.

Pat Vegas
01-09-2017, 03:06 PM

It really does show how vulnerable this city is. London is very unique. I am sure a similar strike in New York would chaos.

If most stations don't have any staff already how come they are not open today?

Brave picket types at Kings Cross this morning. I am sure they have been called all sorts of things. Squard of cunds probably.

Pat Vegas
01-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Thing is, they know they can't actually push it that hard. If they do, they would give LU nothing to lose and create the public will for the introduction of driverless trains (which should have happened years ago) and that would be the end of their nice, cushy, wildly overpaid little gig.

I was reading today they were arguing that 80 positions are unfilled for station staff.

Where does one apply? they can't.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2017, 03:13 PM
It really does show how vulnerable this city is. London is very unique. I am sure a similar strike in New York would chaos.

If most stations don't have any staff already how come they are not open today?

Brave picket types at Kings Cross this morning. I am sure they have been called all sorts of things. Squard of cunds probably.

Is it much different than if there is a little bit of snow, though? Was making my way home in the early hours of Sunday morning after a considerable amount of snow had fallen in a short period of time on top of what was quite a snow covered place. Night bus was still bang on time. Such a luxury

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Southern jessies don't like it up em. A phrase I heard on multiple occasions on Saturday evening during the game. Needless to say, we had the last laugh

Burney
01-09-2017, 03:15 PM
I was reading today they were arguing that 80 positions are unfilled for station staff.

Where does one apply? they can't.

It's a closed shop, so you can't, no.

Thing is with unions in this country is that they all eventually get greedy and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. It'll happen with the RMT sooner or later, at which point several million commuters will laugh their heads off.

Ash
01-09-2017, 04:27 PM

This dispute isn't about drivers pay, though, it's about numbers of station staff.

Not sure how Mr Khan thought he was going to get both zero strike days and no fare increases.

Pat Vegas
01-09-2017, 04:34 PM
This dispute isn't about drivers pay, though, it's about numbers of station staff.

Not sure how Mr Khan thought he was going to get both zero strike days and no fare increases.

My weekly travel is now £1 more expensive a week.
I am not sure how this is happening.

Burney
01-09-2017, 04:41 PM

The premises for their strikes are invariably irrelevant. They'll always find a reason simply in order to flex their muscles and remind everyone who's boss. The point is that the whole thing needs to be broken and started again with workers being paid sensible amounts, with sane levels of holiday and benefits. There is no more disgraceful example of what happens when unions are afforded too much power and control than the London Underground. They single-handedly demonstrate everything bad about the union movement in the modern world.