World's End Stella
01-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Absolutely laughable how naive this is :hehe:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/38533433

PSRB
01-06-2017, 03:51 PM

:rubchin: Not so sure, probably the 2nd most tested athlete after Bolt. Something would have come up by now......and yes I appreciate his coach has some "history" but still like to think/hope he's clean

World's End Stella
01-06-2017, 04:07 PM
:rubchin: Not so sure, probably the 2nd most tested athlete after Bolt. Something would have come up by now......and yes I appreciate his coach has some "history" but still like to think/hope he's clean

Passing the tests is easy, you stop taking the drugs in advance of the tests so that they clear your system. That's how Ben Johnson, Linford Christie and so many other athletes passed the tests for years. Out of contest testing is fairly easy to avoid as well, although Mo had to miss two tests in the year before London 2012, one away from a 4 year ban.

The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming, I'm afraid PRSB. :judge:

Pat Vegas
01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Passing the tests is easy, you stop taking the drugs in advance of the tests so that they clear your system. That's how Ben Johnson, Linford Christie and so many other athletes passed the tests for years. Out of contest testing is fairly easy to avoid as well, although Mo had to miss two tests in the year before London 2012, one away from a 4 year ban.

If he's training in the US, USADA turn up at any hour to do the test. in and out of competition. You have to disclose where you will be so they are able to find you at anytime.

Ash
01-06-2017, 04:24 PM
If he's training in the US, USADA turn up at any hour to do the test. in and out of competition. You have to disclose where you will be so they are able to find you at anytime.

Unless you're Serena, in which case you lock yourself in the panic room until they've gone away.

Pat Vegas
01-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Unless you're Serena, in which case you lock yourself in the panic room until they've gone away.

:hehe:

There is a fighter in the UFC Tim Kennedy who is also in the national guard. He does the Hunting Hitler show on the History channel.
He saw someone on his drive as he came home and pulled a gun on them. it was one of the Usada testers :hehe:
Then made him wait a bit as he come back from working out so made the Usada fella watch him take a shower.

Pat Vegas
01-06-2017, 04:36 PM

This makes me wonder how there are not more drug test failures in the Premier league.

I find this very odd. You have 20 teams. let's say 25 players per squad. 500 young lads aged earliest 16 and latest mid 30s, athlete
cash on the hip. you'd think you'd at least get a few more recreational drug use failures here and there.

Yet it doesn't seem to happen often. unless they are kept quiet. .

Year Number of Samples Rule Violations
2014-15 2286 9

From the FA.

World's End Stella
01-06-2017, 04:47 PM

Which is probably why he spends time training in remote parts of Africa where it's much harder to access him. In fact, he has trained at a facility in Africa where the chap running the facility was recently charged with - yes you guessed it - the distribution of drugs.

Pat Vegas
01-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Which is probably why he spends time training in remote parts of Africa where it's much harder to access him. In fact, he has trained at a facility in Africa where the chap running the facility was recently charged with - yes you guessed it - the distribution of drugs.

:sherlock:

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9568451.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Sir-Mo-Farah-Attends-Arsenal-Training-Session.jpg

Ash
01-06-2017, 05:09 PM
This makes me wonder how there are not more drug test failures in the Premier league.

I find this very odd. You have 20 teams. let's say 25 players per squad. 500 young lads aged earliest 16 and latest mid 30s, athlete
cash on the hip. you'd think you'd at least get a few more recreational drug use failures here and there.

Yet it doesn't seem to happen often. unless they are kept quiet. .

Year Number of Samples Rule Violations
2014-15 2286 9

From the FA.

As Arsene has said, until you do blood testing the screening is not credible as EPO doesn't show in wee-wee tests.

Mo Britain less Europe
01-07-2017, 12:23 AM
So you're saying all the Kenyans are all drug cheats then? Wow!

Pokster
01-09-2017, 08:00 AM

You won't let this go will you... and yet still no hard evidence.... keep trying

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
01-10-2017, 05:32 AM

Lance Armstrong.

SWv2
01-10-2017, 09:35 AM
As Arsene has said, until you do blood testing the screening is not credible as EPO doesn't show in wee-wee tests.

Strictly speaking I am not sure that is 100% correct.

Burney
01-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Strictly speaking I am not sure that is 100% correct.

The whole of top-level sport is bent. If you think about it, it kind of has to be. Once you accept that premise, everything makes a lot more sense.

SWv2
01-10-2017, 09:51 AM
The whole of top-level sport is bent. If you think about it, it kind of has to be. Once you accept that premise, everything makes a lot more sense.

To different degrees within different sports.

Have to say it does not bother me one jot. The nuances and many definitions of cheating are simply too tiresome to allow oneself to get worked up about.

Burney
01-10-2017, 10:01 AM
To different degrees within different sports.

Have to say it does not bother me one jot. The nuances and many definitions of cheating are simply too tiresome to allow oneself to get worked up about.

I think once you accept that there are those at the very top level using unfair means to win, it becomes naive not to realise that it must be well-nigh impossible to win without those artificial advantages. Thus, you have to assume virtually anyone who wins is bent.

Think about it: Russia was running a state-sponsored doping scheme and only came fourth in the Olympic medals table. What does that suggest to you? It's essentially an arms race that forces everyone to use those means just to compete, so what else are people going to do?

It doesn't particularly bother me, either. What bothers me is the hypocrisy and naivety of imagining that it's only those guys who cheat and that 'our' guys must be fine.

SWv2
01-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Think about it: Russia was running a state-sponsored doping scheme and only came fourth in the Olympic medals table. What does that suggest to you? It's essentially an arms race that forces everyone to use those means just to compete, so what else are people going to do?

It doesn't particularly bother me, either. What bothers me is the hypocrisy and naivety of imagining that it's only those guys who cheat and that 'our' guys must be fine.

I believe the cool current internet / social media thing is do simply reply thus - This ^^

British Cycling. That is all I have to say.

Luis Anaconda
01-10-2017, 10:11 AM
I believe the cool current internet / social media thing is do simply reply thus - This ^^

I'm fairly sure those Irish rowers were on something

Burney
01-10-2017, 10:16 AM

What? How dare you suggest that all our brave, asthmatic cyclists who receive mysterious medical packages whose contents nobody can remember might be in any way suspicious?! How dare you suggest that Sir Braddles Wiggles' sudden 'retirement' may simply be a means of quitting before he gets busted!? These are vile calumnies!

You, sir, are beneath contempt!

IUFG
01-10-2017, 10:16 AM
is a gallon and a half of Guinness performance enhancing?

SWv2
01-10-2017, 10:20 AM
I'm fairly sure those Irish rowers were on something

Steak and spuds.

Those two are just clean mad young lads from West Cork, any person that lives in Ireland would probably know somebody like them.

There was a documentary on RTE about them over Xmas, now very obviously beyond the interviews they are hugely dedicated sportsmen but I am not sure they have had a lot of PR or media training.

Burney
01-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Steak and spuds.

Those two are just clean mad young lads from West Cork, any person that lives in Ireland would probably know somebody like them.

There was a documentary on RTE about them over Xmas, now very obviously beyond the interviews they are hugely dedicated sportsmen but I am not sure they have had a lot of PR or media training.

Yes. I'm sure there's not EPO or other illegal performance enhancing substances in West Cork. They haven't even got the internet yet, have they?

Pat Vegas
01-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Steak and spuds.

one of my old bosses was Irish. he have his steak and potatoes all the time. But whilst having his steak he'd have a pint of milk with it.

SWv2
01-10-2017, 10:57 AM
one of my old bosses was Irish. he have his steak and potatoes all the time. But whilst having his steak he'd have a pint of milk with it.

Perfectly normal behaviour behind closed doors.

I have seen adults do this in restaurants mind you.

Burney
01-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Perfectly normal behaviour behind closed doors.

I have seen adults do this in restaurants mind you.

No adult ought to drink milk. It's wrong.

World's End Stella
01-10-2017, 11:01 AM
What? How dare you suggest that all our brave, asthmatic cyclists who receive mysterious medical packages whose contents nobody can remember might be in any way suspicious?! How dare you suggest that Sir Braddles Wiggles' sudden 'retirement' may simply be a means of quitting before he gets busted!? These are vile calumnies!

You, sir, are beneath contempt!

:clap: asthmatic cyclists :hehe:

Next thing you know, Burney, SW will be wondering why good old Mo went from a virtually nobody in middle distance running, at the relatively advanced age of 26, to the most dominant middle distance runner in the history of sport, only after beginning to work with a coach who is well known for encouraging doping, to the extent that numerous athletes have testified under oath that he taught them how to dope.

Cynical Irisher that he is. :nod:

SWv2
01-10-2017, 11:03 AM
No adult ought to drink milk. It's wrong.

I am afraid I make you wrong there.

Would allow myself a large glass of milk most nights (obviously if not drinking). Cold milk, a rake of biscuits. Job done.

Pat Vegas
01-10-2017, 11:06 AM

Would allow myself a large glass of milk most nights (obviously if not drinking). Cold milk, a rake of biscuits. Job done.

I quite like a glass of milk with a bacon sandwich.

and I am not a fan of a cup of tea or coffee with English breakfast. I'll ask for some juice as I won't ask for milk. plus when I was a kid I didn't trust cafe milk.

Burney
01-10-2017, 11:06 AM
:clap: asthmatic cyclists :hehe:

Next thing you know, Burney, SW will be wondering why good old Mo went from a virtually nobody in middle distance running, at the relatively advanced age of 26, to the most dominant middle distance runner in the history of sport, only after beginning to work with a coach who is well known for encouraging doping, to the extent that numerous athletes have testified under oath that he taught them how to dope.

Cynical Irisher that he is. :nod:

Sure, but these athletics cases are almost irrelevant. It's everywhere. The real game-changer will come if anyone ever blows the lid off football, but I really don't know if there's the will to do so.

World's End Stella
01-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Oreo cookies are what you want here, SW. Nowt better than a load of Oreos and a glass of milk. :nod:

Pat Vegas
01-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Oreo cookies are what you want here, SW. Nowt better than a load of Oreos and a glass of milk. :nod:

I used to do it with chocolate chip cookies when I was a kid.
I'd put em in the glass and mash em up.

I might do it later. :cloud9:

Burney
01-10-2017, 11:10 AM
I quite like a glass of milk with a bacon sandwich.

and I am not a fan of a cup of tea or coffee with English breakfast. I'll ask for some juice as I won't ask for milk. plus when I was a kid I didn't trust cafe milk.

Milk is a drink for children, sw. The mere idea of drinking it these days actually makes me feel rather queer. :-(

Pat Vegas
01-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Milk is a drink for children, sw. The mere idea of drinking it these days actually makes me feel rather queer. :-(

I don't normally even have milk in the fridge. black coffees all round.

but I did to mix my protein shakes with. But had a nice glass the other day.

World's End Stella
01-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Sure, but these athletics cases are almost irrelevant. It's everywhere. The real game-changer will come if anyone ever blows the lid off football, but I really don't know if there's the will to do so.

Yes, true. The Yanks never gave a toss about doping in athletics just as long as they won (see Michael Johnson). However when it turned out that one of baseball's most hallowed records (Roger Maris 61 home runs in a season) was obliterated by two players out of their minds on steroids, it suddenly became a national scandal.

The time is not far off I think when everyone will stop caring and they can just take what they like. If they subsequently do a Florence Griffith Joyner and drop dead at the age of 39 then so be it.

Burney
01-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Yes, true. The Yanks never gave a toss about doping in athletics just as long as they won (see Michael Johnson). However when it turned out that one of baseball's most hallowed records (Roger Maris 61 home runs in a season) was obliterated by two players out of their minds on steroids, it suddenly became a national scandal.

The time is not far off I think when everyone will stop caring and they can just take what they like. If they subsequently do a Florence Griffith Joyner and drop dead at the age of 39 then so be it.

I just think most fans would rather not know if football's bent, tbh. Equally, the authorities won't want to crack down on it, while most of the media does very nicely out of football and won't have much interest in killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. I just think everyone's happier turning a blind eye.