PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have charities you donate too?

Pat Vegas
01-05-2017, 11:36 AM
:fashquestions:

Billy Goat Sverige
01-05-2017, 12:01 PM

I gave the Romanian gypo sitting outside my supermarket a bag of plastic bottles and cans i was going to put in the recycling machine. About £4 worth. That's my good deed done for the year.

PSRB
01-05-2017, 12:08 PM

:nod: The National Lottery

IUFG
01-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Idiot Tax .

PSRB
01-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Idiot Tax .

I used to think that but as Sir C pointed out, a fair whack goes to charity and for the sake of a couple of quid, there is always that tiny chance and the hope that goes it with it of winning a fair amount. The problem is of course that people who can't afford even a few quid a week are pumping money into something they have almost 0% chance of winning

Ironically, the one person I know who won a considerable sum was already very wealthy

World's End Stella
01-05-2017, 12:50 PM
HMRC

And f*ck me but do they ask for contributions. :-(

Ash
01-05-2017, 02:16 PM

The Zoological Society of London

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
01-05-2017, 02:21 PM
RSPB. Dogs Trust.

SWv2
01-05-2017, 02:28 PM
No.

Enough going on supporting my own family.

I hate those ****ers that try and cajole you into regular donating on the street, should be illegal or at very least legal to tell them to **** off.

Ash
01-05-2017, 02:32 PM
I hate those ****ers that try and cajole you into regular donating on the street, should be illegal or at very least legal to tell them to **** off.

Chuggers? They're just trying to earn a living (#redg) and is it not legal to tell 'em to fùck off over there?

SWv2
01-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Chuggers? They're just trying to earn a living (#redg) and is it not legal to tell 'em to fùck off over there?

I am not sure you are “allowed” to just verbally abuse any person on the street A, perhaps not illegal in the strictest sense but quite sure plod / An Garda Siochana could pull you up on some minor by-law or other.

Professional beggars A. No better than the Roma / Romanian / whatever sat beside the cash machine on Upper Street.

PSRB
01-05-2017, 02:47 PM
I am not sure you are “allowed” to just verbally abuse any person on the street A, perhaps not illegal in the strictest sense but quite sure plod / An Garda Siochana could pull you up on some minor by-law or other.

Professional beggars A. No better than the Roma / Romanian / whatever sat beside the cash machine on Upper Street.

Never understood why they sit by cash machines, I'm clearly there because I have no cash and no, I'm not going to give you a note when I get some!

redgunamo
01-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Never understood why they sit by cash machines, I'm clearly there because I have no cash and no, I'm not going to give you a note when I get some!

At least it means you have money. From their point of view, I mean.

PSRB
01-05-2017, 02:58 PM

Sit near a pub, always come out of there with a load of shrapnel in my pocket which I'll happily donate*

*I won't. I have an issue with the homeless which involves me being sucker punched and having my head kicked in on Oxford Street as I wouldn't give him my pizza

redgunamo
01-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Sit near a pub, always come out of there with a load of shrapnel in my pocket which I'll happily donate*

*I won't. I have an issue with the homeless which involves me being sucker punched and having my head kicked in on Oxford Street as I wouldn't give him my pizza

Well, quite. They probably know the response they'll get will be somewhat .. unpredictable.

Risk v Reward and a' that..

Viva Prat Vegas
01-05-2017, 03:03 PM

It means he has notes
Notes are not spare change

Tony C
01-05-2017, 06:59 PM
St Lukes Hospice...when I moved to a new place last summer I donated a lot of old furniture for their charity shop.

Just one thing though...according to my annual tax return £92 has gone towards Overseas Aid....does this count as charity? I think it does which means everyone can feck right off about me not being charitable....£92 in overseas aid...Jesus fkin Christ....so every time I work I'm paying for some kid in Africa.

There's the amount that went to the Eu budget...grrrrr #brexit

Mo Britain less Europe
01-05-2017, 10:26 PM
I don't give much to charity. Poppy Day is the one I observe religiously.

But in my will if my wife goes first, most of my money will go to charities and cultural institutions.

eastgermanautos
01-06-2017, 06:36 AM

Can't ever turn your back on these nutters, PSRB. That's rule one for survival in tha citay.

PSRB
01-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Can't ever turn your back on these nutters, PSRB. That's rule one for survival in tha citay.

I was very, very drunk