PDA

View Full Version : I know the mummerings are that Wenger will sign a new two year deal. But if he does

Rich
01-04-2017, 10:40 AM
decide to go at the end of the season, would Eddie Howe appease the fans? He's certainly the bookies favourite for it.

If we can get him (and it's a very big IF based on the fact he got incredibly homesick at Burnley) then I think he could be fantastic. He's eloquent, he demands football be played the 'Arsenal way', he is ruthless with players that speak out against him. My one concern is that he's never managed a 'big' player like Alexis, though I don't think he'll be with us next season. Not sure Wilshere counts as a 'big' player.

If not Eddie, then who? I'd want Simeone and he can bring his mate Antoinne with him.

Burney
01-04-2017, 10:43 AM
decide to go at the end of the season, would Eddie Howe appease the fans? He's certainly the bookies favourite for it.

If we can get him (and it's a very big IF based on the fact he got incredibly homesick at Burnley) then I think he could be fantastic. He's eloquent, he demands football be played the 'Arsenal way', he is ruthless with players that speak out against him. My one concern is that he's never managed a 'big' player like Alexis, though I don't think he'll be with us next season. Not sure Wilshere counts as a 'big' player.

If not Eddie, then who? I'd want Simeone and he can bring his mate Antoinne with him.

Mummerings? Is it 'abuse a late medieval/early modern English word day' today or what? A 'mummer' is an archaic term for an actor or player. You mean 'murmurings'.

Pat Vegas
01-04-2017, 10:43 AM

What are his qualifications? I'd be rather underwhelmed if we came in.
I don't know who the solution is either.

However Wenger will be here forever.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
01-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Mummerings? Is it 'abuse a late medieval/early modern English word day today or what? A 'mummer' is an archaic term for an actor or player. You mean 'murmurings'.

Is it jump on petty typos day man!

Rich
01-04-2017, 10:48 AM
What are his qualifications? I'd be rather underwhelmed if we came in.
I don't know who the solution is either.

However Wenger will be here forever.

Well the team that he won The Championship with was made up, two or three players aside, with players that he picked up in Leauge One.

Still three of the back four last night played in League One. As did Harry Arter, Andrew Surman and Dan Gosling.

I think he wants to take AFCB into Europe so may say no this season anyway.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
01-04-2017, 10:51 AM

If you think simian Simeone has even the remotest chance of passing muster with our board then you have followed Arsenal for even less time than you admit. The man is effectively a savage Rich and would want to park a flotilla of caravans on the Emirates concourse for his enormous and rather smelly extended family.

Burney
01-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Is it jump on petty typos day man!

Nothing petty about sharing knowledge, h. If I hadn't corrected your spelling of gib, you might have gone to your grave not knowing the origin of that saying and embarrassing yourself in written correspondence. I have in fact done you a service.

Burney
01-04-2017, 10:53 AM
If you think simian Simeone has even the remotest chance of passing muster with our board then you have followed Arsenal for even less time than you admit. The man is effectively a savage Rich and would want to park a flotilla of caravans on the Emirates concourse for his enormous and rather smelly extended family.

I've always thought Simeone looks a bit like Ron Perlman in 'The Name of the Rose'.

Rich
01-04-2017, 10:55 AM
I've always thought Simeone looks a bit like Ron Perlman in 'Name of the Rose'.

:hehe: :hehe:

Rich
01-04-2017, 10:56 AM

What of Joachim Low? I like the scarves he wears.

It'll be some nonce from Nippon again, won't it?

Billy Goat Sverige
01-04-2017, 11:32 AM

In a word, no.

I'd have Tuchel, Allegri, and Simeone at the top of the list.

Pat Vegas
01-04-2017, 11:56 AM
I agree. We are supposed to be a big club. therefore big manager imo.
Top Drawer etc.

Rich
01-04-2017, 12:00 PM
I agree. We are supposed to be a big club. therefore big manager imo.
Top Drawer etc.

Yes but Arsenal don't work like other clubs. We'll get the man that fits the philosophy of the club over the man with the big reputation. It is for this reason I think it might be Eddie.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Yes but Arsenal don't work like other clubs. We'll get the man that fits the philosophy of the club over the man with the big reputation. It is for this reason I think it might be Eddie.

We haven't appointed a manager in 20 odds year so nobody knows what they're going to do. "philosophy of the club" :hehe: