PDA

View Full Version : What's the best thing you drank over the holidays AWMIB?

World's End Stella
01-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Overall, my holiday red wine experience contained too many disappointing bottles, so I'm going to have to go with the old standby.

Bottle of Bolly on Christmas Eve. Quite exceptional.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Overall, my holiday red wine experience contained too many disappointing bottles, so I'm going to have to go with the old standby.

The '85 Pommard was rather good. Other than that I kept it simple, really. Ordinary clarets and quite a lot of brandy.

SWv2
01-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Boom.

An Irish "craft beer", indeed a Session IPA which means you can more or less drink if from the moment you get up in the morning.

Ash
01-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Boom.

An Irish "craft beer", indeed a Session IPA which means you can more or less drink if from the moment you get up in the morning.

So a bit like shandy then, except that as an IPA it tastes of herbal disinfectant.

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:24 PM

I had a 1998 Brane-Cantenac all to myself.

I basically spent the evening rolling it around my mouth and saying 'Mmmmm' appreciatively - much like your mum at a bukkake party.

SWv2
01-03-2017, 02:25 PM
So a bit like shandy then, except that as an IPA it tastes of herbal disinfectant.

Apparently ....

"Boom, Our Session IPA is golden in colour with tropical fruits and light caramel on the nose. The palate continues the tropical fruit them with flavours of Lychee, Mango and Kiwi from our blend of American hops balanced by the delicate yet complex malt bill. The finish is smooth and dry with the tropical aromas continuing to shine.

Available in 12 x 500ml Bottle / 30l Keg / 20l Cask – ABV 4.5%"

Can't really vouch for any of the above references.

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:26 PM

Craft beers have basically ruined IPA with their absurd over-flavouring. I've pïssed more drinkable fluids than most modern so-called IPAs.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Boom.

We're talking about the anniversary of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, sw. Beer isn't really a celebratory drink, is it? You don't see lads who've just won a Grand Prix waving a pint of bitter around, do you? You can drink beer any time, any day.

Indeed, did Jesus Christ himself turn water into beer? No, sw, he did not. He turned water into a very drinkable Chateau Musar, if we are to believe the evangalist.

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Apparently ....

"Boom, Our Session IPA is golden in colour with tropical fruits and light caramel on the nose. The palate continues the tropical fruit them with flavours of Lychee, Mango and Kiwi from our blend of American hops balanced by the delicate yet complex malt bill. The finish is smooth and dry with the tropical aromas continuing to shine.

Available in 12 x 500ml Bottle / 30l Keg / 20l Cask – ABV 4.5%"

Can't really vouch for any of the above references.

Lychee, mango and kiwi. American Hops. Fück. Right. Off.

SWv2
01-03-2017, 02:30 PM
We're talking about the anniversary of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, sw. Beer isn't really a celebratory drink, is it? You don't see lads who've just won a Grand Prix waving a pint of bitter around, do you? You can drink beer any time, any day.

Indeed, did Jesus Christ himself turn water into beer? No, sw, he did not. He turned water into a very drinkable Chateau Musar, if we are to believe the evangalist.

I also had various red wines, champagne, proseccos, gin, aperol, cider and other types of beer including English, Welsh and Belgian.

One of the Welsh was disgusting, ****ed it down the sink.

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:31 PM

I doubt it. He'd have had to go all the way to the Bekaa valley for Musar. It was probably that filthy sweet Jewish wine they have. A drink that in my opinion explains why Jews drink so little, relatively speaking.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 02:36 PM
I also had various red wines, champagne, proseccos, gin, aperol, cider and other types of beer including English, Welsh and Belgian.

One of the Welsh was disgusting, ****ed it down the sink.

Well, it sounds as if you had quite the bibulous break, sw. I'm sure you can handle it, of course.

Remember, help is available. The first step to recovery is admiotting to yourself that you have a problem.

Do you have a problem, sw? No, don't deny it to me, answer yourself.

If I have helped, that is reward in itself. Goodspeed on your journey towards sobriety, rebuilding some connection to your family (once their scars, physical and mental, have healed, of course) and becoming a full, useful member of society for the first time.

Imagine never soiling your trousers in public again! :cloud9:

Sir C
01-03-2017, 02:38 PM
I doubt it. He'd have had to go all the way to the Bekaa valley for Musar. It was probably that filthy sweet Jewish wine they have. A drink that in my opinion explains why Jews drink so little, relatively speaking.

You know nothing of Our Lord's vinous adventures, b. You have rejected his Word. Open your heart and invite Lord Jesus inside and he will share these details with you, as well.

Ash
01-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Apparently ....

"Boom, Our Session IPA is golden in colour with tropical fruits and light caramel on the nose. The palate continues the tropical fruit them with flavours of Lychee, Mango and Kiwi from our blend of American hops balanced by the delicate yet complex malt bill. The finish is smooth and dry with the tropical aromas continuing to shine."

Ireland's changed, man. I'm sure Roy Keane wouldn't approve of that sort of thing.

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Well, it sounds as if you had quite the bibulous break, sw. I'm sure you can handle it, of course.

Remember, help is available. The first step to recovery is admiotting to yourself that you have a problem.

Do you have a problem, sw? No, don't deny it to me, answer yourself.

If I have helped, that is reward in itself. Goodspeed on your journey towards sobriety, rebuilding some connection to your family (once their scars, physical and mental, have healed, of course) and becoming a full, useful member of society for the first time.

Imagine never soiling your trousers in public again! :cloud9:

I've decided to start making Negronis at home when summer comes round again. It will mean buying Cinzano, which will be a bit embarrassing, of course, but I think it'll be worth it.

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:41 PM
You know nothing of Our Lord's vinous adventures, b. You have rejected his Word. Open your heart and invite Lord Jesus inside and he will share these details with you, as well.

I'll invite him anywhere he likes if he can produce Chateau Musar on demand.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 02:41 PM
I've decided to start making Negronis at home when summer comes round again. It will mean buying Cinzano, which will be a bit embarrassing, of course, but I think it'll be worth it.

You can order it off thinternet, of course.

I've made Negronis at home. You end up getting ****ed up.

It looks like we can swear now.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 02:42 PM

Tits worked.

*******s.

Cock.

****er.

Ash
01-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Beer isn't really a celebratory drink, is it? You don't see lads who've just won a Grand Prix waving a pint of bitter around, do you?

Next time you're at Brands Hatch giving the Seven a run-out check out the Kentagon. There's a big phote of a jolly old fella (team boss, probably) in a tweed jacket celebrating a win with a proper old pint of bitter, in a dimpled glass with a handle.

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Tits worked.

*******s.

Cock.

****er.

Can we **** as like you ********

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:45 PM

I very much enjoyed them on balmy nights in Sicily. I do wonder whether the effect will be quite the same on a pleasantly warm evening in Hertfordshire, though.

World's End Stella
01-03-2017, 02:51 PM
I had a 1998 Brane-Cantenac all to myself.

I basically spent the evening rolling it around my mouth and saying 'Mmmmm' appreciatively - much like your mum at a bukkake party.

Ah, well chosen. I had a Brane-Cantenac last year, forget the vintage but I did precisely that it was so good. Boyd-Cantenac this year, 2009 and despite the high rankings I was slightly underwhelmed. I did manage a Volnay PC that was very good.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Next time you're at Brands Hatch giving the Seven a run-out check out the Kentagon. There's a big phote of a jolly old fella (team boss, probably) in a tweed jacket celebrating a win with a proper old pint of bitter, in a dimpled glass with a handle.

:hehe: I had breakfast in there one day last January before the start of a track session. It was dark, and freezing, and raining. I pretty well **** myself before I even got on the track.

A Hairy Old Day.

World's End Stella
01-03-2017, 02:53 PM

If he had it would have been a waste of time. Musar is rubbish, a wine for people who don't understand wine.

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2017, 04:27 PM

The coke I've just had with dinner. Possibly, the first non-alcoholic thing I've had for a week. Anyway off to the pub now

Pat Vegas
01-03-2017, 04:43 PM

Delicious ice cold Coca Cola in a glass bottle.

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Delicious ice cold Coca Cola in a glass bottle.

It's like we're twins, p

eastgermanautos
01-03-2017, 05:17 PM
It's like we're twins, p

White Russians my n!gga. All day long. I got fvcking hammered off that stuff.