PDA

View Full Version : Other than the sheer novelty value, anyone else find themselves largely unmoved by

Monty92
01-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Giroud’s goal? :shrug:

Sir C
01-03-2017, 10:27 AM

Well it was a delicious move and one must applaud the athleticism of the improvised finish, but the whole feel of the thing was ruined for me because of the cross being so poor.

Burney
01-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Well it was a delicious move and one must applaud the athleticism of the improvised finish, but the whole feel of the thing was ruined for me because of the cross being so poor.

Also, the aesthetic of the finish was destroyed because it went in off the crossbar.

Monty92
01-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Also, the aesthetic of the finish was destroyed because it went in off the crossbar.

You think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2aU9m4nW8

Burney
01-03-2017, 10:51 AM
You think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2aU9m4nW8

Yes. Unless the ball flies into some part of the net unobstructed, it's not a great goal. FACT.

Ash
01-03-2017, 01:56 PM

In many ways I preferred Aguero's goal yesterday. Tight angle with two blokes on the line. Booom!

PSRB
01-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Yes. Unless the ball flies into some part of the net unobstructed, it's not a great goal. FACT.

Disagree completely, almost always improved by going in off the bar/post. Honourable exception being Trevor Brooking's England goal getting stuck in the stanchion

Pokster
01-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Disagree completely, almost always improved by going in off the bar/post. Honourable exception being Trevor Brooking's England goal getting stuck in the stanchion

I like shots that go in off the crossbar, but not so much when they go in off the post

Burney
01-03-2017, 02:09 PM
I like shots that go in off the crossbar, but not so much when they go in off the post

No. If it strikes woodwork, it is by its nature nearly a miss, therefore to some extent lucky and thus aesthetically imperfect.

SWv2
01-03-2017, 02:09 PM
It was a good goal but the reaction has been extreme. Bang average professional footballer scores good goal, there is your headline.

A shockingly poor match overall, Palace being possibly the worst side I have had the misfortune to sit down and watch this season.

Gentle doff of the cap to Xhaka for a subtlety sublime performance again.

And what the **** is that?!?

Pokster
01-03-2017, 02:18 PM
It was a good goal but the reaction has been extreme. Bang average professional footballer scores good goal, there is your headline.

A shockingly poor match overall, Palace being possibly the worst side I have had the misfortune to sit down and watch this season.

Gentle doff of the cap to Xhaka for a subtlety sublime performance again.

And what the **** is that?!?

You were lucky that your kids didn't watch the Watford Spurs game, now Watford put on the worst display I have ssen for years

IUFG
01-03-2017, 02:53 PM
ah, the lad in the crowd at 28/29 seconds doing the bowing then flicking the V's to the Scousers :hehe: