PDA

View Full Version : Charles, you have some explaining to do

World's End Stella
01-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Unless I am mistaken, you posted a photo on Facebook over the holiday period of you preparing a goose for roasting. Specifically, I believe you had just removed the breast. A noble and sensible undertaking, of course.

The issue is that you seemed to have done so - wait for this - while wearing white, rubber gloves in what is a clear affront to any sense of manliness.

Explain yourself man!

Happy New Year to you and yours, of course.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Unless I am mistaken, you posted a photo on Facebook over the holiday period of you preparing a goose for roasting. Specifically, I believe you had just removed the breast. A noble and sensible undertaking, of course.

The issue is that you seemed to have done so - wait for this - while wearing white, rubber gloves in what is a clear affront to any sense of manliness.

Explain yourself man!

Happy New Year to you and yours, of course.

May you and yours enjoy health and prosperity in 2017.

I'm afraid I am not prepared to discuss my endeavours in the kitchen over the holiday period, since I prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for a changing cast of between 6 and 11 each day between 24th and 30th December. By new year's eve I was shagged out and never wish to see a saucepan again.

World's End Stella
01-03-2017, 10:09 AM
May you and yours enjoy health and prosperity in 2017.

I'm afraid I am not prepared to discuss my endeavours in the kitchen over the holiday period, since I prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for a changing cast of between 6 and 11 each day between 24th and 30th December. By new year's eve I was shagged out and never wish to see a saucepan again.

Deflection - I'm not letting you get away with it that easily.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Deflection - I'm not letting you get away with it that easily.

I was wearing a chef's jacket which was bought for my by a dear friend, since departed this life, so you can rip into her as you please.

Those disposable latex gloves are really very useful. You know what it's like pulling the lumps from fat from inside a goose, do you? It's like putting your hands into an oil slick. Far quicker to pop on a pair of gloves than spend 10 minutes trying to scrub the grease from your hands.

They're also good if you have to chop large amounts of garlic and chilli. No stinky hands for me.

Burney
01-03-2017, 10:19 AM
I was wearing a chef's jacket which was bought for my by a dear friend, since departed this life, so you can rip into her as you please.

Those disposable latex gloves are really very useful. You know what it's like pulling the lumps from fat from inside a goose, do you? It's like putting your hands into an oil slick. Far quicker to pop on a pair of gloves than spend 10 minutes trying to scrub the grease from your hands.

They're also good if you have to chop large amounts of garlic and chilli. No stinky hands for me.

Not to mention the unfortunate business of chopping chillies and then absent-mindedly picking one's nose or - worse - handling one's gentleman. :-(

Sir C
01-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Not to mention the unfortunate business of chopping chillies and then absent-mindedly picking one's nose or - worse - handling one's gentleman. :-(

Absolutely. And washing one's hands seems to have little effect on this unfortunate matter.

I love my latex gloves. And you get to do that satisfying 'snap' thing as you pull them on, whilst advising the wife that it's time to assume the position.

Oh how she laughs.

Burney
01-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Absolutely. And washing one's hands seems to have little effect on this unfortunate matter.

I love my latex gloves. And you get to do that satisfying 'snap' thing as you pull them on, whilst advising the wife that it's time to assume the position.

Oh how she laughs.

Yes. Do you do that thing where you blow it up first? That's fun.

I'm not sure I genuinely enjoyed a single meal over Christmas. Largely because I was cooking all but one and am sick of doing so. I'm tempted to order a chinky tonight.
My daughter and her cousins cooked Christmas dinner, bless them. At one point I had to rescue the sprouts, which E seemed to think she could fry without first par-boiling them. :-\

Sir C
01-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Yes. Do you do that thing where you blow it up first? That's fun.

I'm not sure I genuinely enjoyed a single meal over Christmas. Largely because I was cooking all but one and am sick of doing so. I'm tempted to order a chinky tonight.
My daughter and her cousins cooked Christmas dinner, bless them. At one point I had to rescue the sprouts, which E seemed to think she could fry without first par-boiling them. :-\

I felt similar, yes. The one thing I really enjoyed was a dish of extremely garlicky dauphinoise, but otherwise it was all too hectic to enjoy, really.

Norn Iron
01-03-2017, 10:36 AM

I used latex glove yesterday to clear out my shower drain thingy. It's probably the worst job in the world. I can barely stomach it, disgusting.

Sir C
01-03-2017, 10:37 AM
I used latex glove yesterday to clear out my shower drain thingy. It's probably the worst job in the world. I can barely stomach it, disgusting.

Whatever do you do in your shower, n?

Burney
01-03-2017, 10:40 AM

It seems unfair to make a bald man clear hair out of the shower drain. After all, you have almost certainly contributed less to the problem than other members of the household.

World's End Stella
01-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Oh how she laughs.

Out of respect for you and Burney I'm going to pretend I never read any of this.

Big girl's blouses - the pair of ya