PDA

View Full Version : This morning, I am mostly contemplating the significant difference that exists

Burney
12-23-2016, 10:36 AM
between consuming a bottle of 12.5% wine and one of 14.5%.

Happy Christmas.

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:39 AM
between consuming a bottle of 12.5% wine and one of 14.5%.

Happy Christmas.

It's huge, isn't it? I've taken to drinking some Argentinian Malbec from Ocado as every day swilling wine. It's 12.5% and you can guzzle gallons of the stuff with no ill effects the following day.

Burney
12-23-2016, 10:43 AM
It's huge, isn't it? I've taken to drinking some Argentinian Malbec from Ocado as every day swilling wine. It's 12.5% and you can guzzle gallons of the stuff with no ill effects the following day.

Indeed. My quaffing wine of choice is a light, fruity Spanish number. Last night, however, I attacked a big, hairy-arsed Burgundy someone bought me and am distinctly thick of head this morning. :-(

Rich
12-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Indeed. My quaffing wine of choice is a light, fruity Spanish number. Last night, however, I attacked a big, hairy-arsed Burgundy someone bought me and am distinctly thick of head this morning. :-(

I bought some Shiraz from a cellar door in South Africa a couple of weeks ago. The bloody stuff is 15.5%. Really spicy on the nose and has an incredibly powerful taste. I started with this last night and then moved on to a more subtle 13.5% Valpolicella.

Head is definitely a little fuzzy this morning.

PSRB
12-23-2016, 11:34 AM

Have a very thick head from our Christmas party last night. I was also called an evil, Tory, Brexiteer......which made me chuckle

Sir C
12-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Have a very thick head from our Christmas party last night. I was also called an evil, Tory, Brexiteer......which made me chuckle

oh wd p. Top work :clap:

PSRB
12-23-2016, 11:41 AM
oh wd p. Top work :clap:

I just assumed she was trying to come on to me :shrug:

Burney
12-23-2016, 11:41 AM

I expect to get a lot of that sort of shït from my Remainer extended family this Xmas. I shall give them both barrels, of course.

Burney
12-23-2016, 11:42 AM
I just assumed she was trying to come on to me :shrug:

Brexytime?

Monty92
12-23-2016, 11:43 AM

In the nick of time, I had my best meal of 2016 on Wednesday at The Dairy in Clapham.

£45 for their Tasting Menu.

PSRB
12-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Brexytime?

Vg, b..........

Sir C
12-23-2016, 11:45 AM
In the nick of time, I had my best meal of 2016 on Wednesday at The Dairy in Clapham.

£45 for their Tasting Menu.

Glad to hear it m. I've heard good things about it, obviously. I was booked to go in the summer but had to cancel.

I'm off tasting menus, to be honest. But I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Monty92
12-23-2016, 11:48 AM
I expect to get a lot of that sort of shït from my Remainer extended family this Xmas. I shall give them both barrels, of course.

My cousin's a nuclear scientist at Aldermasten but also a raving leftie. I'm gunning for him on Boxing Day.

Burney
12-23-2016, 11:50 AM
My cousin's a nuclear scientist at Aldermasten but also a raving leftie. I'm gunning for him on Boxing Day.

They let lefties work at AWE? :yikes:

This country's fücked in the head, ffs! :shakehead: