PDA

View Full Version : Mince pies

SWv2
12-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Where do we stand on these things?

Just had my first and as ever, year after year, I find myself undecided.

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:18 AM

Generally I find them dry, miserable excuses for a sweet snack. This year I'm going to make my own.

PSRB
12-23-2016, 10:26 AM

Meh.....the perfect description for them

Burney
12-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Generally I find them dry, miserable excuses for a sweet snack. This year I'm going to make my own.

I like Waitrose Blumenthal wons and that's it. However, those in the know tell me they aren't really mince pies, which may explain why I like them.

Ash
12-23-2016, 10:27 AM

Don't eat many but don't mind the odd one or two. At this time of year it is traditional for AWIMB to bitch and whine about the inadequacies of the unholy trio of mince pies, christmas pud and christmas cake.

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Don't eat many but don't mind the odd one or two. At this time of year it is traditional for AWIMB to bitch and whine about the inadequacies of the unholy trio of mince pies, christmas pud and christmas cake.

In my youth I rather enjoyed christmas pudding, but mainly as a vehicle for large dollops of cream.

Now I can't really bear the thought tbh.

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:30 AM
I like Waitrose Blumenthal wons and that's it. However, those in the know tell me they aren't really mince pies, which may explain why I like them.

Why aren' they 'really' mince pies then?

I'm not going to lie to you, I've bought some pastry and a jar of mincemeat, to which I will add a decent amount of brandy, so I shall be assembling rather than really making.

You saw the final last night?

Ash
12-23-2016, 10:32 AM
In my youth I rather enjoyed christmas pudding, but mainly as a vehicle for large dollops of cream.

I don't really eat puddings and sweet things anyway, as I'd rather fill myself up on meat and veg. I have a small amount of pud out of politeness seeing as someone has taken the trouble to prepare the bloody thing with, as you say, plenty of cream.

SWv2
12-23-2016, 10:34 AM

Were you a fat ******* as a kid? I imagine you were.

Burney
12-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Why aren' they 'really' mince pies then?

I'm not going to lie to you, I've bought some pastry and a jar of mincemeat, to which I will add a decent amount of brandy, so I shall be assembling rather than really making.

You saw the final last night?

They've got lemon curd in them as well as mincemeat, which makes them nice.

I did see it. Pleased for the little Scotcher as he seemed nice and was very good. Besides, he lives in Glasgow with five brats and a massive sow of a wife, so he needed something good to happen in his life.

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:36 AM
They've got lemon curd in them as well as mincemeat, which makes them nice.

I did see it. Pleased for the little Scotcher as he seemed nice and was very good. Besides, he lives in Glasgow with five brats and a massive sow of a wife, so he needed something good to happen in his life.

Looking at the thing he is married to ruined it for me. The state of it! And he must have poked it five times. Utterly, utterly foul. No, I'm afraid I lost all respect for the sectarian violence enthusiast when I saw the bloater that carries his name.

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Were you a fat ******* as a kid? I imagine you were.

No, far from it. Why would you imagine such a thing? Should you be imagining my body when I was a child? I'm not sure that's a particularly healthy habit you've got into there.

And stop touching yourself.

SWv2
12-23-2016, 10:39 AM
No, far from it. Why would you imagine such a thing? Should you be imagining my body when I was a child? I'm not sure that's a particularly healthy habit you've got into there.

And stop touching yourself.

A simple question. I am shocked how your twisted mind has turned an innocent exhange on it's head.

I will wager you volunteer as a Santa in your local shopping centre.

Burney
12-23-2016, 10:40 AM
Looking at the thing he is married to ruined it for me. The state of it! And he must have poked it five times. Utterly, utterly foul. No, I'm afraid I lost all respect for the sectarian violence enthusiast when I saw the bloater that carries his name.

He ought probably to stop feeding her.

And definitely stop fùcking her. :-(

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:41 AM
A simple question. I am shocked how your twisted mind has turned an innocent exhange on it's head.

I will wager you volunteer as a Santa in your local shopping centre.

Sadly my days of disguising myself with a false beard and lifting strangers' children onto my lap are over, sw.

SWv2
12-23-2016, 10:53 AM
He ought probably to stop feeding her.

And definitely stop fùcking her. :-(

I watched the episode the other night where the contestants were in Oslo.

Now I am as adventurous as the next man but quite frankly they can **** off with their shaved reindeer hearts and wee ants.

Dirty Oslo *******s.

Viva Prat Vegas
12-23-2016, 10:56 AM
Sadly my days of disguising myself with a false beard and lifting strangers' children onto my lap are over, sw.

The scars of Rolf run deep

Sir C
12-23-2016, 10:57 AM
The scars of Rolf run deep

Yes. Well that and the restraining order :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
12-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Yes. Well that and the restraining order :-(

Ho ho hoooooo

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-23-2016, 11:37 AM

They are utter Crap imo

redgunamo
12-23-2016, 12:26 PM

I like them actually. But, as with all food, it really all depends on what you wash it down with.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
12-23-2016, 12:55 PM

Served warm, with a massive dollop of Rodda's Cornish clotted cream, I find them acceptable.

eastgermanautos
12-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Served warm, with a massive dollop of Rodda's Cornish clotted cream, I find them acceptable.

You gotta fvcking drowned them in cream or ice cream, and then yeah, they pretty much kick ass.

Mo Britain less Europe
12-23-2016, 09:19 PM
I grew up thinking they were made of minced meat. I was horrified when I saw what's inside them. UGh!