PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Army fillum.

Ash
12-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Anyone see this? I watched it the other night and thought Michael Gambon was superb as Godfrey, the Mainwaring chappie did a very good Mainwaring, but Bill Nighy as Wilson was basically playing Bill Nighy. Others a bit meh though Hodges was good.

Sir C
12-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Anyone see this? I watched it the other night and thought Michael Gambon was superb as Godfrey, the Mainwaring chappie did a very good Mainwaring, but Bill Nighy as Wilson was basically playing Bill Nighy. Others a bit meh though Hodges was good.

I haven't seen it but I'm off Toby Jones.

Everyone loves Toby Jones.

Fúck Toby Jones. There, I said it.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
12-21-2016, 03:37 PM
No - I was going to but got rather put off by the reviews. Was the story any good?

Ash
12-21-2016, 03:46 PM
No - I was going to but got rather put off by the reviews. Was the story any good?

Not especially. But they never were, really. Not especially bad either. It was always more about characters imo, and storylines in farce are always a bit ... well, farcical really. I wouldn't advise going out of your way to see it but it was on Sky Movies so I gave it a whirl.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
12-21-2016, 06:04 PM
Not especially. But they never were, really. Not especially bad either. It was always more about characters imo, and storylines in farce are always a bit ... well, farcical really. I wouldn't advise going out of your way to see it but it was on Sky Movies so I gave it a whirl.
:thumbup: I'll wait til it's on Netflix.