PDA

View Full Version : I need the seasoned drinkers of Awimb to assist me.

Pat Vegas
12-21-2016, 12:33 PM
I feel hollow inside. I got back yesterday and have been drinking heavily since Friday. But I have to work today and tomorrow.

For some reason it was all whisky. my lips are all dried and cracked.

Even Macallan Chairman release with the top boss.

I had a nice sleep last night but I am dying now. What's the fix?

Mo Britain less Europe
12-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Drink lots of water, eat lots of starchy food.

Sir C
12-21-2016, 12:51 PM
I feel hollow inside. I got back yesterday and have been drinking heavily since Friday. But I have to work today and tomorrow.

More booze.

Rich
12-21-2016, 12:51 PM

Beers. 3 pints of ale and you'll notice a slight improvement. 5 and you'll be flying again.

Ash
12-21-2016, 01:23 PM
Beers. 3 pints of ale and you'll notice a slight improvement. 5 and you'll be flying again.

:hehe: I remember when a second glass of wine was a big night out for you, but you've upped your game since then. wd lad.

Burney
12-21-2016, 01:46 PM
More booze.

Hmm. Whisky is no drink for amateurs, f. Let this be a lesson for you.
I doubt you've the constitution for beer at the moment, so would recommend a couple of stiff Bloody Marys.

IUFG
12-21-2016, 01:53 PM
hair of the dog, innit.

To hijack this thread a little, I have found a bottle of Absinthe in the cupboard.

I know about the sugar thing but anyone got any recommendations for how I can make this mouthwash taste any better?

Rich
12-21-2016, 01:55 PM
:hehe: I remember when a second glass of wine was a big night out for you, but you've upped your game since then. wd lad.

Hmm, indeed. That's what the stresses of the working world do to a man.

Pat Vegas
12-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Hmm. Whisky is no drink for amateurs, f. Let this be a lesson for you.
I doubt you've the constitution for beer at the moment, so would recommend a couple of stiff Bloody Marys.

I'm afraid you are correct. it all started very nicely then it all kicked in an started feeling incredibly worse for wear. then I had burning lips for 2 days and now they have gone all cracked.
This may be a combination of the whole weekend,

Sir C
12-21-2016, 01:57 PM
hair of the dog, innit.

To hijack this thread a little, I have found a bottle of Absinthe in the cupboard.

I know about the sugar thing but anyone got any recommendations for how I can make this mouthwash taste any better?

Get yourself hammered on the good stuff first, then neck the absinthe when you can't taste anything any more.

IUFG
12-21-2016, 01:57 PM
sound advice imo

eastgermanautos
12-21-2016, 01:59 PM

Sorry bro. I'd have liked to have joined you but we have not heard back from CAA. Not till after the hols. As one piece of possibly favorable news, Assassins Creed got poor reviews. This may mean that Justin Kurzel is within reach, whereas if it had blown the covers off the door, he'd likely have been too lofty. :thumbup:

Good news is I'm in Londinium in early Jan!

Sir C
12-21-2016, 02:01 PM
sound advice imo

Absinthe gets quite trippy, apparently.

Enjoy.

Burney
12-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Absinthe gets quite trippy, apparently.

Enjoy.

Yes. The Green Fairy and all that. Didn't they take the psychotropic stuff out of it, though? 'Cos it was poisonous or some such guff?

Burney
12-21-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm afraid you are correct. it all started very nicely then it all kicked in an started feeling incredibly worse for wear. then I had burning lips for 2 days and now they have gone all cracked.
This may be a combination of the whole weekend,

You need some spirits with a nice watery mixer. Something that doesn't taste too alcoholic. Vodka and orange would do as well as a Bloody Mary. Just as long as you get both the precious, life-giving alcohol and some fluids into your system.

IUFG
12-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Bonus12345

Sir C
12-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes. The Green Fairy and all that. Didn't they take the psychotropic stuff out of it, though? 'Cos it was poisonous or some such guff?

Did they? Dull búggers. All part of the greyification of life, I supose.

Burney
12-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Did they? Dull búggers. All part of the greyification of life, I supose.

Yes. What's the world coming to when a grown fellow isn't allowed to ingest neurotoxins under his own recognisance?

redgunamo
12-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Give it to a woman.

hair of the dog, innit.

redgunamo
12-21-2016, 08:10 PM
I didn't know actually drinking the foul swill was compulsory nowadays :-(

Get yourself hammered on the good stuff first, then neck the absinthe when you can't taste anything any more.