PDA

View Full Version : So German police are saying they have 500 leads on this terrorist chap.

Burney
12-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Which, of course, is pretty much the same as saying they have none.

Remember back when the German authorities were noted for ruthless efficiency? Those were the days.

Sir C
12-21-2016, 09:37 AM

Remember back when the German authorities were noted for ruthless efficiency? Those were the days.

A terrorist, on the run in Germany? You might say he's a most wanted man. #getin #haveit

Rich
12-21-2016, 09:38 AM

Got to feel for poor Naveed B who got chased from the market where he was enjoying his evening. The Gestapo then unleashed the most vicious of their hounds on him. One supposes that he'd have taken an almighty kicking in the prison van, only for the feds to realise that he had nothing to do with it.

Spare a thought for Naveed imo. Obviously the actual perpetrator will be most of the way back to Turkey by now.

Burney
12-21-2016, 09:44 AM
Got to feel for poor Naveed B who got chased from the market where he was enjoying his evening. The Gestapo then unleashed the most vicious of their hounds on him. One supposes that he'd have taken an almighty kicking in the prison van, only for the feds to realise that he had nothing to do with it.

Spare a thought for Naveed imo. Obviously the actual perpetrator will be most of the way back to Turkey by now.

The krauts are such pansies these days that I doubt anyone raised a hand to him. He was probably treated with exemplary courtesy and supplied with halal food for the duration of his stay.

Burney
12-21-2016, 09:46 AM
A terrorist, on the run in Germany? You might say he's a most wanted man. #getin #haveit

Ah, indeed yes. Have you seen 'Our kind of traitor'? It's rather good in spite of Ewan McGregor wandering around looking confused throughout.

Sir C
12-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Ah, indeed yes. Have you seen 'Our kind of traitor'? It's rather good in spite of Ewan McGregor wandering around looking confused throughout.

I'd forgotten about that. I shall order the DVD.

Burney
12-21-2016, 10:13 AM
I'd forgotten about that. I shall order the DVD.

'Order the DVD' :hehe: Why not just order a Laser Disc or a VHS while you're at it?

Get with the times, grandad. It's all streaming and instant gratification these days.

Ash
12-21-2016, 10:17 AM
'Order the DVD' :hehe: Why not just order a Laser Disc or a VHS while you're at it?

Get with the times, grandad. It's all streaming and instant gratification these days.

Streaming is a bit **** imo. And DVD is a laser disk.

Sir C
12-21-2016, 10:23 AM

Useful advice, thanks man.

Burney
12-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Useful advice, thanks man.

:hehe: I must admit I don't miss DVDs one little bit. Like CDs, they lacked gravitas.

Sir C
12-21-2016, 10:41 AM
:hehe: I must admit I don't miss DVDs one little bit. Like CDs, they lacked gravitas.

Yes, and I suppose stealing the artists' work via a series of 1s and 0s doesn't?

I think you're confusing gravitas with cheapness.

Burney
12-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Yes, and I suppose stealing the artists' work via a series of 1s and 0s doesn't?

I think you're confusing gravitas with cheapness.

No, I mean that, unlike other portable forms like books or records, the objects themselves have no aesthetic value. If disposable, non-plastic art can't have that, I much prefer it to have no physical form whatsoever and exist purely digitally.

Sir C
12-21-2016, 10:53 AM
No, I mean that, unlike other portable forms like books or records, the objects themselves have no aesthetic value. If disposable, non-plastic art can't have that, I much prefer it to have no physical form whatsoever and exist purely digitally.

You're just smug because you don't have to pay for it.

That's ok. You needn't feel ashamed and make up absurb babble to excuse your parsimony. The greatest love of all, b, as the poet tells us, is easy to achieve.

Burney
12-21-2016, 10:59 AM
You're just smug because you don't have to pay for it.

That's ok. You needn't feel ashamed and make up absurb babble to excuse your parsimony. The greatest love of all, b, as the poet tells us, is easy to achieve.

Oh if I didn't have my magical box, I'd still prefer the likes of Netflix or legal downloading to the business of buying DVDs. Don't you find them annoying? Does having a physical copy of a film you watched two years ago, didn't much like and will almost certainly never watch again hanging around in a grimly utilitarian little jewel case cluttering up your house never irritate you?

Sir C
12-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Oh if I didn't have my magical box, I'd still prefer the likes of Netflix or legal downloading to the business of buying DVDs. Don't you find them annoying? Does having a physical copy of a film you watched two years ago, didn't much like and will almost certainly never watch again hanging around in a grimly utilitarian little jewel case cluttering up your house never irritate you?

You know, amongst all the things in life I have to plutz about, the existence of DVDs isn't making an impression, no.

Burney
12-21-2016, 11:06 AM
You know, amongst all the things in life I have to plutz about, the existence of DVDs isn't making an impression, no.

Ah, well in that case I shall cease my musings on aesthetics and be about my business. Good day.

barrybueno
12-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Apparently they had to let the original bloke go as he had an allah-bi :gets coat:

Ash
12-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Apparently they had to let the original bloke go as he had an allah-bi :gets coat:

Good effort, Beano.