PDA

View Full Version : I'm somewhat confused by the fact that Indians appear to have chosen a Sikh mascot

Burney
12-20-2016, 11:21 AM
to tell people to stop shítting everywhere. :rubchin:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/20/delhi-mascots-to-blow-the-whistle-on-public-defecation

Now if they could stop shítting on our cricket team, that would be nice, too.

eastgermanautos
12-20-2016, 11:22 AM
to tell people to stop shítting everywhere. :rubchin:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/20/delhi-mascots-to-blow-the-whistle-on-public-defecation

Now if they could stop shítting on our cricket team, that would be nice, too.

Geronimo was taken. Ba-dum-dum-tish.

Burney
12-20-2016, 11:24 AM

This line made me laugh.

“Uncle, you wear a tie around your neck, shoes on your feet, but you still defecate in the open. What kind of progress is this?”

IUFG
12-20-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure the blowing of a whistle will stop someone who is mid-crimp tbh.

And do I read that it is fine to **** anywhere in the poorer areas (about 99% of the land)?

Burney
12-20-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure the blowing of a whistle will stop someone who is mid-crimp tbh.

And do I read that it is fine to **** anywhere in the poorer areas (about 99% of the land)?

I think I'd find it rather off-putting if a robot started whistling and telling me off in Hindi.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
12-20-2016, 12:21 PM

EGA - you frequently post stuff that I simply do not understand. I'm not sure if you're such a clever chap that your stuff simply flies over my head or you're some kind of chump that perpetually spouts errant p!ss.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 12:23 PM
EGA - you frequently post stuff that I simply do not understand. I'm not sure if you're such a clever chap that your stuff simply flies over my head or you're some kind of chump that perpetually spouts errant p!ss.

Pssst... he's a yank, mate.

The average American male has the IQ of a small child or Bonobo and is usually ripped to the títs on Valium, so what they say makes little or no sense to a right-thinking Englishman.

Burney
12-20-2016, 12:28 PM

The average American male has the IQ of a small child or Bonobo and is usually ripped to the títs on Valium, so what they say makes little or no sense to a right-thinking Englishman.

To be fair, time differences mean we rarely see our American chums at their best on here. I've always assumed anything Chief or ega say during the daytime is fuelled by a meth or coke binge. :shrug:

12-20-2016, 12:33 PM

Oh I see, that now makes perfect sense. His propensity for spouting incomprehensible gibbersih had led me to ponder if he had, perhaps, been kicked in the head by a horse as a small child.

Do you suppose he wears a preposterously large hat C?

Burney
12-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Oh I see, that now makes perfect sense. His propensity for spouting incomprehensible gibbersih had led me to ponder if he had, perhaps, been kicked in the head by a horse as a small child.

Do you suppose he wears a preposterously large hat C?

I once went to a well-known shop in Austin where they sold such hats, shirts and preposterous cowboy boots. None of the locals were buying these things ironically or anything. Very strange.

Ash
12-20-2016, 01:15 PM

Speaking of which, I miss Snin. :-(

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Another reason to never, ever, ever visit India.

I had an American chap recently tell me about some golden triangle or some such in India that was his greatest ever holiday.

I pointed out that it was a filthy, backward, misogynistic **** hole where you could easily end up with a life altering disease by simply eating the wrong thing.

We agreed to disagree but I don't think he forgave me. :-)

Burney
12-20-2016, 02:21 PM

I had an American chap recently tell me about some golden triangle or some such in India that was his greatest ever holiday.

I pointed out that it was a filthy, backward, misogynistic **** hole where you could easily end up with a life altering disease by simply eating the wrong thing.

I have to say that a chap who goes on holiday in Dubai probably ought not to be using the insult 'backward, misogynistic shïthole' about other holiday destinations.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 02:23 PM

It is all the things you mention, undoubtedly, but for some reason it gets under your skin and draws you back. I've been three times; I've been revolted, disgusted, accosted, insulted and poisoned, but on the other hand I've met with unbelievablke kindness and hospitality and I've seen and experienced things beyond your imagining. I will be returning next year.

That is the beauty oif travel, wes. It broadens the mind.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 02:26 PM
I have to say that a chap who goes on holiday in Dubai probably ought not to be using the insult 'backward, misogynistic shïthole' about other holiday destinations.

I don't go on holiday in Dubai, I go on holiday in Fujairah. To a five star resort which serves wonderful food that never makes you ill and insulates you from the locals. Horses for courses n all that.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 02:28 PM
It is all the things you mention, undoubtedly, but for some reason it gets under your skin and draws you back. I've been three times; I've been revolted, disgusted, accosted, insulted and poisoned, but on the other hand I've met with unbelievablke kindness and hospitality and I've seen and experienced things beyond your imagining. I will be returning next year.

That is the beauty oif travel, wes. It broadens the mind.

Well yeah, but you can experience all those things in countries where you don't have to worry about your wife being assaulted and the food is both wonderful and safe.

So why go to India then? BTW, I would say the same thing about Africa. I shall never frequent either simply because there are far more interesting, beautiful, safer places.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 02:36 PM
I don't go on holiday in Dubai, I go on holiday in Fujairah. To a five star resort which serves wonderful food that never makes you ill and insulates you from the locals. Horses for courses n all that.

'5 star resort' :hehe:

Back in the day, the hotel star rating system was easily comprehensible. Stars from 1 - 4 were awarded for facilities, tea-making facilities, a bar, a restaurant, room service, a swimming pool - these things were all considered and a rating awarded. 5 stars were given to hotels with all the 4 star facilities but with the addition of truly exceptional service. Until the 1980s these Great Hotels were obvious. In London, the Ritz, Savoy and Claridges. In Paris, the Crillon and Georges V, in Amsterdam, Krasnapolsky and l'Europe, in Berlin Vier Jahreszeiten - these eminent establishments built reputations for luxury and service over generations.

Then wealth became democratised and people of the lower orders were allowed access to foreign travel. The lower orders go on holiday to places like Dubai and don't recognise or understand quality, they just want everything as vulgar as possible, and so 5 stars were awarded to these hideous, foul, utlimately vulgar shítpits to attract a certain clientele. And it worked :-(

I cannot tell you how much the death of quality and glamour pains me. I hope you're happy with what you have done to the world.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Well yeah, but you can experience all those things in countries where you don't have to worry about your wife being assaulted and the food is both wonderful and safe.

So why go to India then? BTW, I would say the same thing about Africa. I shall never frequent either simply because there are far more interesting, beautiful, safer places.

I'm sorry but I cannot engage in this conversation with you. You are either a fúcking mental case or you're yanking my chain.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 03:37 PM
'5 star resort' :hehe:

Back in the day, the hotel star rating system was easily comprehensible. Stars from 1 - 4 were awarded for facilities, tea-making facilities, a bar, a restaurant, room service, a swimming pool - these things were all considered and a rating awarded. 5 stars were given to hotels with all the 4 star facilities but with the addition of truly exceptional service. Until the 1980s these Great Hotels were obvious. In London, the Ritz, Savoy and Claridges. In Paris, the Crillon and Georges V, in Amsterdam, Krasnapolsky and l'Europe, in Berlin Vier Jahreszeiten - these eminent establishments built reputations for luxury and service over generations.

Then wealth became democratised and people of the lower orders were allowed access to foreign travel. The lower orders go on holiday to places like Dubai and don't recognise or understand quality, they just want everything as vulgar as possible, and so 5 stars were awarded to these hideous, foul, utlimately vulgar shítpits to attract a certain clientele. And it worked :-(

I cannot tell you how much the death of quality and glamour pains me. I hope you're happy with what you have done to the world.

As you may know, I have been to Manoir Quat Saisons many times. I won't bother with the list 3 Michelin star restaurants I have eaten in or the truly luxurious hotels in which I have stayed. And I can assure you that the service and food at the hotel in Fujairah is exceptional. I would also freely admit it has too many 'vulgar' people for someone as snobby as you.

But I don't share your hatred of the working class so am more than happy to have 7-10 days of relaxation, wonderful weather and excellent drink and food there every year. If you can't enjoy yourself without exclusivity, than that's your problem.

I won't think any less of you for it, I promise. :-)

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry but I cannot engage in this conversation with you. You are either a fúcking mental case or you're yanking my chain.

People like Africa for two reasons only. Firstly, the animals. OK, I get it, it's cheetah and you can't find cheetahs in the wild in England. So f*cking what, it's just a f*cking animal. You'll get a better and more interesting view from Attenborough's programs but without the associated danger, bad food and **** accommodation. Secondly, because it makes insecure white people feel superior. But I'm not insecure so I have no need to feel superior.

Africa is ****. FACT

Sir C
12-20-2016, 03:46 PM
People like Africa for two reasons only. Firstly, the animals. OK, I get it, it's cheetah and you can't find cheetahs in the wild in England. So f*cking what, it's just a f*cking animal. You'll get a better and more interesting view from Attenborough's programs but without the associated danger, bad food and **** accommodation. Secondly, because it makes insecure white people feel superior. But I'm not insecure so I have no need to feel superior.

Africa is ****. FACT

Well done. You have taken ignorance to previously undiscovered heights.

Enjoy the wonders of Dubai.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Well done. You have taken ignorance to previously undiscovered heights.

Enjoy the wonders of Dubai.

Oooh nicely hooked. I was slightly worried that I had overplayed my hand a bit there. :-)

12-20-2016, 04:22 PM
I don't go on holiday in Dubai, I go on holiday in Fujairah.

It's all UAE Wes - 5 star chintz in a desert ****hole built for the likes of you by the most appallingly exploited slave labour.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 04:30 PM
It's all UAE Wes - 5 star chintz in a desert ****hole built for the likes of you by the most appallingly exploited slave labour.

Yes, there is that angle. But if you're going to promote India and Africa as holiday destinations I'm not convinced you should play the morality card.

12-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Yes, there is that angle. But if you're going to promote India and Africa as holiday destinations I'm not convinced you should play the morality card.

I have no desire to visit India for any kind of holiday but, after extensive research* and consulting with nigerian colleagues, I think I can say that Ghana is a safe, clean and friendly country to visit.

For the record, the same colleagues have cautioned me to never set foot in Nigeria or practically any other african country unless I am staying with locals; way too dangerous apparently.

*bit of bumphing around on the interflap