PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else enjoying watching 'Team Sky' implode like this?

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Still some way to go, of course, but watching the sanctimonious, holier than thou, duplicitous muppets make themselves look like cheating c*nts (even if they aren't) is most amusing.

So the package that a member of 'Team Sky' brought with them across Europe contained a decongestant that could have been bought locally for a fiver? :hehe:

Yeah, course it did, Sir Dave.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Still some way to go, of course, but watching the sanctimonious, holier than thou, duplicitous muppets make themselves look like cheating c*nts (even if they aren't) is most amusing.

So the package that a member of 'Team Sky' brought with them across Europe contained a decongestant that could have been bought locally for a fiver? :hehe:

Is this about bicycling?

:hehe:

Burney
12-20-2016, 09:58 AM

Not really, as it's cycling and I don't give a shît. Although I am constantly struck by how many of these top cyclists seem to suffer from constant runny noses/asthma.

However, I'm all for anything that makes it clear that top-level sport is rotten with performance enhancing drug use. On which note, I was amused that someone ascribed Mo Farah's failure to win Sports Personality of the Year to the fact that he may not be perceived as British.

Nothing to do with the strong suspicion that he's a fücking cheat then, no? :hehe:

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 10:06 AM
Not really, as it's cycling and I don't give a shît. Although I am constantly struck by how many of these top cyclists seem to suffer from constant runny noses/asthma.

However, I'm all for anything that makes it clear that top-level sport is rotten with performance enhancing drug use. On which note, I was amused that someone ascribed Mo Farah's failure to win Sports Personality of the Year down to the fact that he may not be perceived as British.

Nothing to do with the strong suspicion that he's a fücking cheat then, no? :hehe:

Oh yes, my feelings exactly. I couldn't give a rat's ass about cycling but - like you - I enjoy watching the charade that many of these sports have become be revealed to all.

Do people in the UK really think that the magic elixir of having the Olympics in London resulted in unprecedented success for the British cycling and athletics? That British athletes in those sports, with virtually no history of success, suddenly became that good that quickly and were able to beat athletes from countries that were clearly doping i.e. Kenya and Russia, without doping themselves?

Watching the whole thing fall apart will greatly amuse me. Team Sky in particular because of the sanctimonious nature of their management. Not sure how long he'll be 'Sir Dave'. :hehe:

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Oh yes, my feelings exactly. I couldn't give a rat's ass about cycling but - like you - I enjoy watching the charade that many of these sports have become be revealed to all.

Do people in the UK really think that the magic elixir of having the Olympics in London resulted in unprecedented success for the British cycling and athletics? That British athletes in those sports, with virtually no history of success, suddenly became that good that quickly and were able to beat athletes from countries that were clearly doping i.e. Kenya and Russia, without doping themselves?

Watching the whole thing fall apart will greatly amuse me. Team Sky in particular because of the sanctimonious nature of their management. Not sure how long he'll be 'Sir Dave'. :hehe:

I actually find the willing suspension of disbelief on the matter extraordinary. But it's no different to football, where nobody really wants to hear that it's bent, so they ignore it. The one that really amazes me is rugby. Have you seen these people? They're 16 stone, can run 100m in even time, can absorb superhuman hits and keep running for 80 minutes.

Yeah, no cheating there, I'm sure. :hehe:

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 10:19 AM
I actually find the willing suspension of disbelief on the matter extraordinary. But it's no different to football, where nobody really wants to hear that it's bent, so they ignore it. The one that really amazes me is rugby. Have you seen these people? They're 16 stone, can run 100m in even time, can absorb superhuman hits and keep running for 80 minutes.

Yeah, no cheating there, I'm sure. :hehe:

Yes, rugby is a good spot. Take a look at the physiques of rugby players now to even 20 years ago and there is a massive difference which not even improved training techniques can explain.

So there is now an issue with concussions in rugby even though they've been playing it for over a hundred years? Yes, well that's because it used to played by players who weren't 16 stone, steroid infested freaks who can run through walls.