PDA

View Full Version : Thing about thon Russian ambassador chappie getting slotted...

Burney
12-20-2016, 09:21 AM
...where were his (i.e. Russian) security chaps when all this was going on? Why was a rogue Turkish copper able to shoot him unopposed until Turkish police got there?

All a bit rum if you ask me.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 09:25 AM
...where were his (i.e. Russian) security chaps when all this was going on? Why was a rogue Turkish copper able to shoot him unopposed until Turkish police got there?

Yes, that was my immediate thought when I watched video of the shooter standing over the body giving a bloody lecture: how on earth has he not died in a hail of Makarov rounds?

Last night the head of a department at the Russian foreign ministry was found dead near his flat.

Now Putin are all cosied up, announcing a joint investigation, while Russian MPs brief the press about 'NATO involvement'.

It's all unlikely to end well, imo.

Burney
12-20-2016, 09:30 AM
Yes, that was my immediate thought when I watched video of the shooter standing over the body giving a bloody lecture: how on earth has he not died in a hail of Makarov rounds?

Last night the head of a department at the Russian foreign ministry was found dead near his flat.

Now Putin are all cosied up, announcing a joint investigation, while Russian MPs brief the press about 'NATO involvement'.

It's all unlikely to end well, imo.

Oh, yes. And the timing one day before joint Turkish-Russian talks on Aleppo is pretty suss as well.

Say what you like about Putin, but when it comes to power politics, he really is quite old school.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Oh, yes. And the timing one day before joint Turkish-Russian talks on Aleppo is pretty suss as well.

Say what you like about Putin, but when it comes to power politics, he really is quite old school.

That was supposed to read 'Putin and Erdogan', of course.

One wonders what they've been up to down at the Circus. I expect Control has been on the phone to the Russia House asking why we weren't all over this.

Burney
12-20-2016, 09:38 AM
That was supposed to read 'Putin and Erdogan', of course.

One wonders what they've been up to down at the Circus. I expect Control has been on the phone to the Russia House asking why we weren't all over this.

Pfffft! 'Control' these days is probably too busy securing a publishing deal for his memoirs and a nice lucrative lecture circuit for when he jacks it in.

George, on the other hand, would probably say something quite sharp to Guillam about it, then apologise and polish his glasses on his tie irritably.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 09:40 AM
Pfffft! 'Control' these days is probably too busy securing a publishing deal for his memoirs and a nice lucrative lecture circuit for when he jacks it in.

George, on the other hand, would probably say something quite sharp to Guillam about it, then apologise and polish his glasses on his tie irritably.

Jim Prideaux would have been put on the case. And ended up getting himself shot, the daft bástard.

redgunamo
12-20-2016, 09:43 AM

I think it's because he was just an ambassador. They mostly get a driver and that's it.
Often not even that.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 09:45 AM
I think it's because he was just an ambassador. They mostly get a driver and that's it.
Often not even that.

The Russian ambassador in Turkey doesn't have a security detail? :yikes:

Have you told Control about this?

redgunamo
12-20-2016, 09:48 AM
The Russian ambassador in Turkey doesn't have a security detail? :yikes:

Have you told Control about this?

Hardly anybody would've known the chap from Adam.

Burney
12-20-2016, 09:50 AM
Often not even that.

Seriously? The Russian ambassador in Turkey at a time when the two countries are effectively on opposing sides in a war saunters off to art galleries to wànk on about some pictures without any security?

This seems almost unbelievable to me, I must say.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Hardly anybody would've known the chap from Adam.

Well someone knew who he was, clearly.

I had the Iraqi defence attaché in my office a few months ago and he was surrounded by burly lads in bad suits, and every year when I attend the London Diplomatci Awards at the Langham, the place is positively crawling with chaps speaking to their cufflinks.

I think you're yanking our chains, you naughty boy.

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Well someone knew who he was, clearly.

I had the Iraqi defence attaché in my office a few months ago and he was surrounded by burly lads in bad suits, and every year when I attend the London Diplomatci Awards at the Langham, the place is positively crawling with chaps speaking to their cufflinks.

I think you're yanking our chains, you naughty boy.

When I dined with the Irish ambassador, there was pretty much zero security as far as I could make out. I could have tried to take his bonce off with a butter knife and the only person who could have stopped me was a rather nice lady who writes for The Daily Mail.

Mind you, who's going to bother topping the Irish ambassador? :shrug:

redgunamo
12-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Seriously? The Russian ambassador in Turkey at a time when the two countries are effectively on opposing sides in a war saunters off to art galleries to wànk on about some pictures without any security?

This seems almost unbelievable to me, I must say.

I've had dealings with that sort all my life. They have a driver if they plan to go and get rat-arsed. Mostly no security; their persons are considered sacred, in any case, so no point.

On the whole. .

Sir C
12-20-2016, 10:04 AM
When I dined with the Irish ambassador, there was pretty much zero security as far as I could make out. I could have tried to take his bonce off with a butter knife and the only person who could have stopped me was a rather nice lady who writes for The Daily Mail.

Mind you, who's going to bother topping the Irish ambassador? :shrug:

The Irish have an ambassador? :hehe:

Why?

I'm in a bad mood now. Just the mention of that swamp is enough to make me viscerally angry these days. It's like an obsessive hatred, and it's getting worse.

I need therapy for this matter.

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:05 AM
The Irish have an ambassador? :hehe:

Why?

I'm in a bad mood now. Just the mention of that swamp is enough to make me viscerally angry these days. It's like an obsessive hatred, and it's getting worse.

I need therapy for this matter.

Of course they do. Who else is going to hand out passports of convenience to traitorous sorts like you?

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:06 AM
I've had dealings with that sort all my life. They have a driver if they plan to go and get rat-arsed. Mostly no security; their persons are considered sacred, in any case, so no point.

On the whole. .

Hmmm. Well apparently someone didn't get the memo about this 'sacred' thing.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 10:06 AM
Of course they do. Who else is going to hand out passports of convenience to traitorous sorts like you?

Looks like I won't need to go through with it after all. Apparently I'll be able to pay a fee to keep residency rights? I'll pay.

redgunamo
12-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Hmmm. Well apparently someone didn't get the memo about this 'sacred' thing.

Sure, it can happen.

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:14 AM
Looks like I won't need to go through with it after all. Apparently I'll be able to pay a fee to keep residency rights? I'll pay.

You considered it, though. I can't forget that. :-(

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
12-20-2016, 10:15 AM

While his missus got busy noshing down on some traitor's cock

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:16 AM
While his missus got busy noshing down on some traitor's cock

Yes. Ann. :-(

Poor old George.

Mind you, his cuckoldry was a necessary bit of symbolism for a betrayed generation.

12-20-2016, 10:20 AM

Well as soon as Moscow didn't react with combataive aggression I knew it was a Putin sanctioned assassination.I think we should skip the usual five years of spineless appeasement we have historically shown to this kind of tyrant and go straight to the dust up.

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Well as soon as Moscow didn't react with combataive aggression I knew it was a Putin sanctioned assassination.I think we should skip the usual five years of spineless appeasement we have historically shown to this kind of tyrant and go straight to the dust up.

Hmmm. How, though? Thing is, he knows the US - while capable of crushing him like an insect in conventional military terms - are too pusillanimous to stand up to him (Obama having been spectacularly weak in this regard). Meanwhile, barring us and Johnny Crapaud, the European NATO allies have been happily ignoring their defence spending commitments for decades, happy to huddle under the US umbrella, while the next most significant military force in NATO (i.e. Turkey) isn't about to go to war to bail out the Europeans who have treated them with outright contempt for decades.

So Vlad knows that he can keep pushing and no-one's going to do a damn thing about it.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Hmmm. How, though? Thing is, he knows the US - while capable of crushing him like an insect in conventional military terms - are too pusillanimous to stand up to him (Obama having been spectacularly weak in this regard). Meanwhile, barring us and Johnny Crapaud, the European NATO allies have been happily ignoring their defence spending commitments for decades, happy to huddle under the US umbrella, while the next most significant military force in NATO (i.e. Turkey) isn't about to go to war to bail out the Europeans who have treated them with outright contempt for decades.

So Vlad knows that he can keep pushing and no-one's going to do a damn thing about it.

The plan is to provoke the Russians to invade Turkey. The Paulines will, of course, lose, but they'll give the Ivans a damned hard kicking before they go under, weakening them significantly so that we can find an excuse, (Crimea?) to invade and conquer poor Mr Putin's homeland.

I have this from a very high ranking source.

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:44 AM
The plan is to provoke the Russians to invade Turkey. The Paulines will, of course, lose, but they'll give the Ivans a damned hard kicking before they go under, weakening them significantly so that we can find an excuse, (Crimea?) to invade and conquer poor Mr Putin's homeland.

I have this from a very high ranking source.

The Russians have long coveted Istanbul and dream of returning it to the Orthodox fold, of course. That and the fact that they're mad, obviously. That's what caused the last Crimean War.

Invading Russia, eh? What could possibly go wrong? :hehe:

Sir C
12-20-2016, 10:45 AM
The Russians have long coveted Istanbul and dream of returning it to the Orthodox fold, of course. That and the fact that they're mad, obviously. That's what caused the last Crimean War.

Invading Russia, eh? What could possibly go wrong? :hehe:

I reckon we'll be alright if we avoid the winter.

12-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Hmmm. How, though?

I think start with some smaller scale acts of defiance to his bullishness. The next time he sashays through the Channel, arrest the captain of his leaky old ACC and stop his progress for a week at least. Any planes deliberately violating our air space to be shot down.

Any of his henchman hiding behind diplomatic cover in the UK and suspected of politically motivated crimes to be arrested.

Finally, Roman Abramovich to be expelled from the UK after seizing all his assets - including Chelsea.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 10:48 AM
I think start with some smaller scale acts of defiance to his bullishness. The next time he sashays through the Channel, arrest the captain of his leaky old ACC and stop his progress for a week at least. Any planes deliberately violating our air space to be shot down.

Any of his henchman hiding behind diplomatic cover in the UK and suspected of politically motivated crimes to be arrested.

Finally, Roman Abramovich to be expelled from the UK after seizing all his assets - including Chelsea.

Ash is going to be upset with you, h. He has a puzzling regard for the journalist-oppressing, opponent-murdering tyrannical dictator.

Burney
12-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Ash is going to be upset with you, h. He has a puzzling regard for the journalist-oppressing, opponent-murdering tyrannical dictator.

He's mad for a bit of the old pan-slavic nationalism, is a.

12-20-2016, 11:01 AM
I reckon we'll be alright if we avoid the winter.
I think the real problem with the russkies is how damnably hard the cvnts are.

Defend every village - defend every street in the village - defend every house in the street - defend every room in the house - then proudly die.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 11:08 AM

Defend every village - defend every street in the village - defend every house in the street - defend every room in the house - then proudly die.

Yes, but they're as thick as pigshít and usually píssed on home made potato vodka.

We'll roll through the Polish and Hugarian plains and then split our forces, north to Leningrad and Moscow and south to Stalingrad! Let us join hasnds and sing as we march against the forces of Bolshevism and internation jewry Herb!

Ein! wei! Drei!

Die Fahne hoch
Die Reihen fest geschlossen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWizLfM1L3E

eastgermanautos
12-20-2016, 11:12 AM

You have to understand that Turkey is seething with insurrectionists. I'm not a fan of assassination, of course, but I was pleased that the Russians have some grounds for wiping the smug looks off their faces.

Burney
12-20-2016, 11:14 AM

This trait serves them well in defence - less so in offence.

Russian armies do not have a great record outside Russia.

eastgermanautos
12-20-2016, 11:20 AM
This trait serves them well in defence - less so in offence.

Russian armies do not have a great record outside Russia.

Exactly right. Austerlitz anyone. Napoleon smoked their asses on the day.

Burney
12-20-2016, 11:22 AM
Exactly right. Austerlitz anyone. Napoleon smoked their asses on the day.

Well they fought him to a Pyrrhic victory he could ill afford. In other words, they did what Russia always do when invaded - they traded blood and space for time.

12-20-2016, 12:10 PM
march against the forces of Bolshevism and internation jewry Herb!

Damn it Charlie - you'rea man I believe I could go into battle with an no error! Can we start the adventure by giving that unspeakbale little heebie toerag Monty a good shoeing?

You can lure him to some half cocked celebrity eaterie under the pretence of liking him and I'll be lying in wait to administer the brutalities.

Sir C
12-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Damn it Charlie - you'rea man I believe I could go into battle with an no error! Can we start the adventure by giving that unspeakbale little heebie toerag Monty a good shoeing?

You can lure him to some half cocked celebrity eaterie under the pretence of liking him and I'll be lying in wait to administer the brutalities.

Definitely.

We will rape him, will we?

12-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Definitely.

But of course. Every orifice to be violated. I expect there'll be gold teeth to divvy up too!

Burney
12-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Definitely.

Sounds to me like he'd welcome any action he can get right now. :-(

Ash
12-20-2016, 01:50 PM

'Knew' :hehe:

The climate of irrational Russophobic hysteria is certainly intense when a Turkish terrorist murders the Russian ambassador and people claim to 'know' that the terrorist is magically controlled by Vlado Putin, who is presumably stroking his white cat with one hand while personally hacking the DNC servers with the other.

What 'combative aggression' did Russia show when Turkey shot down one of its airyplanes? None.

Burney
12-20-2016, 02:10 PM

The climate of irrational Russophobic hysteria is certainly intense when a Turkish terrorist murders the Russian ambassador and people claim to 'know' that the terrorist is magically controlled by Vlado Putin, who is presumably stroking his white cat with one hand while personally hacking the DNC servers with the other.

What 'combative aggression' did Russia show when Turkey shot down one of its airyplanes? None.

Cui bono, a? That's always the question you need to ask yourself.

12-20-2016, 02:22 PM

Oh come now Ash. I can hardly be accused of seriously claiming to actually 'know' anything.

Why must you russophiles always get so very tecthy when your man Vlad is even teased a bit. That he is a machievellian brutalist and a murderer is, you'll agree, irrefutable given that he once posed damn near naked on the back of a horse. That and his eyes - just look at them Ash, just look at them! Nastry, cruel narrow slitty little things they are. Man's a wrong 'un bang to rights.

Ash
12-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Cui bono, a? That's always the question you need to ask yourself.

Well, that's the question I asked about the airliner shot down over Ukraine.

Ash
12-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Oh come now Ash. I can hardly be accused of seriously claiming to actually 'know' anything.

Why must you russophiles always get so very tecthy when your man Vlad is even teased a bit. That he is a machievellian brutalist and a murderer is, you'll agree, irrefutable given that he once posed damn near naked on the back of a horse. That and his eyes - just look at them Ash, just look at them! Nastry, cruel narrow slitty little things they are. Man's a wrong 'un bang to rights.

Thing is, Herbs, Russia is currently the only show in town who is consistently opposed to Islamism. The powers that be in the West keep siding with and funding/arming Jihadis when it suits them.

12-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Thing is, Herbs, Russia is currently the only show in town who is consistently opposed to Islamism.

Well Ash, if it is true that they are prepared to stick it to the filthy rag-heeds then I'm with The Bear all the way. Why wasn't I informed of this before?

Sir C
12-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Thing is, Herbs, Russia is currently the only show in town who is consistently opposed to Islamism. The powers that be in the West keep siding with and funding/arming Jihadis when it suits them.

It's strange, really, given that Russia has so much in common with Islamism. Enthusiastic deniers of free speech and oppressors of the gays. Expansionism. Extreme nationalism. You'd think they'd get on.

Burney
12-20-2016, 02:45 PM
Well, that's the question I asked about the airliner shot down over Ukraine.

The airliner being shot down was quite clearly a monstrous fück-up by pro-Russian forces. If you choose to ignore the mountain of evidence to that effect - including the fact that the separatists had been boasting for weeks that they had the requisite missile system in the requisite area (which was controlled by pro-Russian forces at the time), that they took credit for having shot down what they believed was a Ukrainian plane in the area and that this was reported by Russian media at the time (despite the airliner being the only plane shot down that day) - then that's your problem.

Burney
12-20-2016, 02:47 PM

LOL! Russia is fighting jihadis because it suits them, not out of the goodness of their hearts. If you think that in any way makes them our friends, you're as naive as Benjamin Massing.