PDA

View Full Version : A woman has left a screaming baby with me under the instructions that I must keep it

Monty92
12-19-2016, 03:10 PM
alive for the next four hours. Apparently the fact that said baby is technically my daughter should mean I take on this responsibility uncomplainingly.

I do not recall signing up for this sh*t :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
12-19-2016, 03:14 PM
alive for the next four hours. Apparently the fact that said baby is technically my daughter should mean I take on this responsibility uncomplainingly.

I go on parental leave in February. He's still a whiny little **** at the moment so i hope there's some progress in the next two months.

Monty92
12-19-2016, 03:16 PM
I go on parental leave in February. He's still a whiny little **** at the moment so i hope there's some progress in the next two months.

how old is he?

Billy Goat Sverige
12-19-2016, 03:24 PM
how old is he?

Just turned one. He's in that crawl/climbing phase and has a new bruise on his head at least once a week. Starting to get worried they think we're child abusers :-|

SWv2
12-19-2016, 03:45 PM

Is this new / additional parental leave or did you just not bother when the kid was born?

I am aware you Scandi types have very progressive ways of doing these things.

Monty92
12-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Is this new / additional parental leave or did you just not bother when the kid was born?

:hehe: As if encouraging fathers to stay at home with their baby is in any way "progressive".

Saying that, I just managed to get mine to sleep, and as it screamed in my face I was only fleetingly tempted to stab it in the throat :competentdad:

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
12-19-2016, 04:06 PM
:hehe: As if encouraging fathers to stay at home with their baby is in any way "progressive".

Wait until you have to do a really messy nappy and get all of the crap out of her little lady bits :-(

Good noncing opportunity for the likes of you though M!

PSRB
12-19-2016, 04:17 PM

Saying that, I just managed to get mine to sleep, and as it screamed in my face I was only fleetingly tempted to stab it in the throat :competentdad:

My eldest threw her teddy at a glass of milk I was holding for her, went all over me. I took one look at her and chucked the rest over her.......there was quite a lot more milk in the glass than I'd thought :-\ :baddad:

Billy Goat Sverige
12-19-2016, 09:13 PM

Didn't bother when he was born. My girlfriend took 14 months and will save some days and i've got 60 days paid to use so i might spread them out over 4-6 months. I'll use three or four days a week.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-19-2016, 10:09 PM

Do you know this woman. It would be a bit disappointing if you did?

Burney
12-19-2016, 11:44 PM

Oh, my daughter - who is now 18 and a really excellent person of whom I am enormously proud - did very well to survive the first few weeks of her life when her mother was taken back into hospital.
Had it not been for my mother turning up like the 7th Cavalry and letting me sleep, I'm not sure I'd have given much for her chances of survival.
Anyone who tells you men are built for nurturing or the care of infants is a ****ing idiot. FACT.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 08:52 AM

You signed up for it when you impregnated your girlfriend, Monty old bean. And if you hadn't realised that meant dealing with a screaming child then you were guilty of some seriously naive African parenting.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 08:57 AM
Oh, my daughter - who is now 18 and a really excellent person of whom I am enormously proud - did very well to survive the first few weeks of her life when her mother was taken back into hospital.
Had it not been for my mother turning up like the 7th Cavalry and letting me sleep, I'm not sure I'd have given much for her chances of survival.
Anyone who tells you men are built for nurturing or the care of infants is a ****ing idiot. FACT.

:hide: So if I told you that I never once became frustrated with my children when they were babies and was always patient and understanding with them, would you accuse me of being a liar or a freak of evolution? :rubchin:

Monty92
12-20-2016, 09:31 AM
You signed up for it when you impregnated your girlfriend, Monty old bean. And if you hadn't realised that meant dealing with a screaming child then you were guilty of some seriously naive African parenting.

For your information, I am actually part of the 1% of men in the UK to have taken up the Shared Parental Leave option and I also left full- time work to help with childcare.

Monty92
12-20-2016, 09:33 AM

The big lie is that it frees up mothers to do other things, when the reality is that they just sit on the sidelines worrying about what other mums will think of them palming their baby off on dad.

World's End Stella
12-20-2016, 09:37 AM
For your information, I am actually part of the 1% of men in the UK to have taken up the Shared Parental Leave option and I also left full- time work to help with childcare.

Nice - and utterly irrelevant to my post.

redgunamo
12-20-2016, 09:54 AM

Monty said at the time though that not too much parental (grand-parental?) support and guidance was available.

redgunamo
12-20-2016, 09:57 AM
:hide: So if I told you that I never once became frustrated with my children when they were babies and was always patient and understanding with them, would you accuse me of being a liar or a freak of evolution? :rubchin:

No, I'm the same. Except I mostly just ignored them and let their mother and her squad get on with it.